Thoughts about the recent trailers and equalty between shipbuilders.

Do you agree?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes, there are a good number of people in MF that can build well. What bothers me more is certain leaders who can not build well, yet kind of haven't gotten the news yet. It is fine if you are a better server admin than you are a builder, but don't claim to be the latter then or worse yet, lecture other people who don't have to resort to putting build-helper smoothed bricks on doomsticks, even though the players obviously have better design skills (not personally experienced, but heard multiple times). Server admins do represent their server to some extend, and if the server in turn is made to represent the community... yeah. The video quality was not of such a top-notch quality that there are no alternatives at all in terms of outsourcing.

That aside, I do not think there is an excuse for using only one server's ships: Community Content is an excellent source of ships, even pre-rated by users - nothing would better represent the creations players make in starmade. Who actually flies these ships in a trailer is irrelevant. The ships are there, downloadable and importable within minutes. Just select 1-3 ships out of every size class from 5-star CC, and you would have an excellent sample of people's creations.
    I completely agree with you.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    The main defence of MF is that we lack solid evidence and we are not active enough. I have a plan.

I'm going to create a ship building thread, in which we challenge MF "top" builders (you know who I'm talking about) to show that it's not just them who can build awesome ships. What we do, is we take any ship built by MF and build another one. Stronger, faster, more powerful and efficient, better looking with the same mass. You can also contribute a video, even a short Vlog is helping.

What do y'all say? Is it time to show these elitists who's the boss?
    Mariux,im not saying that you guys cant build great ships,i know you can,i have seen them all,i go around community content every day and vote for the great ones,really sexy looking ships i admit. BUT the part where you want to build better looking ships than the ones Dalmont already made,or my ships..left me laughing for minutes.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    BUT the part where you want to build better looking ships than the ones Dalmont already made,or my ships..left me laughing for minutes.
    I find your ships laughably ugly. I would much rather use something Crusade makes... so yeah... shush

Also, stop it. you're making yourself look like more of an asshole. Is that what you want. Everytime you post here people are going to lose respect for you. I'm running out here, give us something.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I find your ships laughably ugly. I would much rather use something Crusade makes... so yeah... shush

Also, stop it. you're making yourself look like more of an asshole. Is that what you want. Everytime you post here people are going to lose respect for you. I'm running out here, give us something.
    im not afraid to lose some imaginary "respect" from few people with a god complex who spread hate.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    im not afraid to lose some imaginary "respect" from few people with a god complex who spread hate.
    Not once did I spread hate, and I far from have a god complex. However you are here because you guys are being shat on, yet you give us more to shit on. Might want to think your messages through before posting them a little more.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Not once did I spread hate, and I far from have a god complex. However you are here because you guys are being shat on, yet you give us more to shit on. Might want to think your messages through before posting them a little more.
    i would say exactly the same for you,and few other people...
    my ships laughably ugly? ships from 1-2 yrs ago,yes,they are bad for todays standards. but i dont believe you for a second that you think,halo ring,infinity,spirit of fire,trident and many others are bad? that is just a desperate attempt to satifsy yourself.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Welcome to the new method of ship building! How does it work? EASY! The more you claim that your ship is better the better it gets just by writing in the forum. Try it now! There are bonus points if you write that other ships are ugly because everyone but you has no taste! Show how big your blocks are and write untill your ship is the best!

The winner gets a place for one of his ships in a 2 second video and the title: "I´m better than Dalmond! Really!"

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I find halo ships horrible, and so inherently, replicas bad. so yeah... and I know I build ugly ships. I am fully aware of this fact.

The issue here is that you guys think you are the centre of the community and the best. While yes, you are a sizable part, you're not the centre, and opinions differ on what is good. So yes, I find you're ships not that great too look at, doesn't mean someone else doesnt. It just means that you cant believe you are the best. If I appeared with any ship and said it was better than anyone elses, people would have differing opinions, and I would be told to shut up, because there is always someone better, because its based on opinion.

In your opinion you may be the best. Doesn't mean you are, nor does it mean everyone else is wrong for thinking differently.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    ooooooh noooooo, don't stop respecting yourself, Mr "I'm going to actually contribute to the game because I'm special and have an NDA"

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Thank you kindly for demonstrating how not to discuss.

The original point was, why do the most well known MF people get so much attention from Schine? Or why does it look that way? Not "ohmygod you are so elitist" or "ohmygod shut up your builds suck why do you even try". So please, for the sake of solving these conflicts, calm the fuck down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I knew this thread would diminish into a flame war and pissing contest rolled into one large smelly, disgusting ball.

Okay, here's the deal. Ship building is an art form. Like all art it is subjective. You cannot accurately gauge how good something is by it's aesthetics, because everyone has a different opinion. Instead of saying "Your ships are ugly" instead take a big step back, respect the fact that they spent time and put effort into building something and at least appreciate that. I'm very fed up with the stigma surrounding certain ship styling, build methods and elitist bullsh*t.

Play the game, enjoy it, and hold your tongue if you don't like something, because I can guarantee you that someone does like it.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I can never really have my ships submitted to the trailer, I think the people won't think they are good-looking, since I place my efforts on like 60% for systems-strength and 40% on the looks, since I want them to be strong and reliable to combat.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    BUT the part where you want to build better looking ships than the ones Dalmont already made,or my ships..left me laughing for minutes.
    As someone who hasn't posted on here yet, so you can't acuse me of spreading hate, i think you're really making yourself seem like quite the ass here. Do you not see it? My opinion of you used to be that you seemed like a nice guy, who builds decent ships, all i need to know about someone on here really. But now, i think wow, this guy is really full of himself, definitly representing the sort of people we could do without right now. Has that badge gone to your head dude?
    You're making the point that people are being unfair about mushroom fleet, and then you're being the sort of person everyone is complaining about. Don't be smug dude, it just winds people up, its eaiser to be humble, even if everone can tell you don't really mean it . Especially as whether or not someone likes a ship is all down to personal taste, someone could genuinely not like your stuff, and thats fine, because its just not to their taste.

By the way, using halo ships as an example of skill, rather than your own creations, is pretty poor. It's easy to build a copy of something you allready know looks good and just recreate it. Thats why i've copied a few ships from homeworld, because i think they look amazing, and when they're done i think they look amazing in starmade, and i can't belive i built it, but i don't for one second trick myself into thinking it has anything to do with my own ship building abilities. That said, i do like most of your own stuff, im just saying that was a terrible example. (Plus, i also agree with rimmer, and think that a lot of the ship designs in the halo franchise look dreadful :D)

Reactions: der_scheme

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Your contest idea is welcome, but I think misses the point. Schine reached out to MF because they were available and willing. A contest to prove someone is as good or better than MF? That puts MF on a pedestal by default. Besides, anyone can upload their ship blueprints to the site for voting as it is. As I understand it, the developers would be happy to work with anyone that showed a readiness to provide good video content. The fact that they accepted it from MF shows how few in the community have been able to present video content of this nature for them to choose from.
    I have nearly identical sentiments. Well said.

therimmer96 and tenk11kamikaza I would highly recommend you two try to keep hostile rivalries and the like on private chat channels. Failure to do so may result in consequences and repercussions.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Guys? GUYS!

Whoever can build the "best" ship should not the issue here. Turning this into a dick-waving build contest is a bad idea.

The issue a lot of us have has nothing to do with ships, but with the dev's reliance on just one small group of players for everything.
    What about all of us who don't build massive, pvp-capable, flying works of art? The point is that We all shouldn't have to be part of one small group in order for our voices to be heard, nor should We need to prove ourselves with our mastery of building really huge pvp ships.

Personally, I don't have any huge ships, I'm waiting until the game is stable before I spend time on frigates or carriers (I do have a few sketches for some large ships, just gotta be patient). I'm also more of a single player kind of guy, so My builds are less min-maxed, and more, "role playish" I guess You could say. Even then, I just plain like small ships more.

But yeah, "Whoever builds the better doomcube wins the debate"?

Status
    Not open for further replies.