The Rail show off thread!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hopefully friction is fixed before I unleash this thing at the world:

Quite glad to get this one finished, it was quite a pain to wire.

For the lone wolf, the Mecha-Tank MKI is the perfect solution for anyone who wishes to ride solo. The main controls for the legs are in the turret itself, allowing one person to control his movements without a dedicated driver.

I also have a couple of older things I made, but the images broke, so here they are again:

Blue here is inspired from GlaDOS from Portal 2. It is only a prototype, so it's features only include periotic blinking and one 15 second long programmable animation. Plans are to have one in each of my capital ships, with multiple animations based on conditions, and a scrolling screen in the back of it's lair.

Probably the only mech in existence that can move under it's own power(at the time of this post), this prototype demonstrates some of the potential of walkers, yet is confined to the very rungs that make up it's highways.
    now you'll need to invent a portal gun, you must!
    awesome! never thought of something like that walker! possible option for docking?

I am planning on creating engine pods much like the ones on Ridley Soctt's Prometheus.

only if thrusters on docked entitys would count..... anyways this isn't more than only 4 rotor blocks and a bit logic, so you'll be done with that part in 15 minutes or so. not counting the artistic building

wtf m8 i've thought about putting rings around a planet........ never thought of making it usefull
    great thinking, i wish i came with that idea.
    so how much time does it need to eat a whole planet? gotte know if this is worth inveting xD
    know what would be awesome with that? some way to get the satalite in orbital rotation around the planet like in real life.
    not that it would improve anything xD

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    How do you wire the logic so that you fire salvage beams continuously? I'm trying to make a repair robot for my hangar bay.
    i use a logic clock.

this is the video i based the miners logic clock off of.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432917803,1432917630][/DOUBLEPOST]
    wtf m8 i've thought about putting rings around a planet........ never thought of making it usefull
    great thinking, i wish i came with that idea.
    so how much time does it need to eat a whole planet? gotte know if this is worth inveting xD
    know what would be awesome with that? some way to get the satalite in orbital rotation around the planet like in real life.
    not that it would improve anything xD
    it takes a fair bit of time to eat an entire planet but weve been getting 1mil ore from an hours worth of work, im currently refining an upgrade for it that might double its power.

the problem lies in trying not to kill a server by strip mining a planet, you cant really get more effective than tthis without causinng some server stability issues at wich point the admins will probably hate you. its built this way becuase thats what a server can sustain.

plus it works automatically and you can go watch TV or something while it does its job. (the primary function)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    i use a logic clock.

this is the video i based the miners logic clock off of.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432917803,1432917630][/DOUBLEPOST]

it takes a fair bit of time to eat an entire planet but weve been getting 1mil ore from an hours worth of work, im currently refining an upgrade for it that might double its power.

the problem lies in trying not to kill a server by strip mining a planet, you cant really get more effective than tthis without causinng some server stability issues at wich point the admins will probably hate you. its built this way becuase thats what a server can sustain.

plus it works automatically and you can go watch TV or something while it does its job. (the primary function)
    lol I can't believe you made the thing to just watch TV while getting ores......
    I expected like you place 1 there another 1 over there at that planet, ow this planet will do.
    and then just come back after idk fighting a bit.
    btw that clock is a bit outdated you can do:
    activator>delay>not>back to activator (only 3 blocks)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    lol I can't believe you made the thing to just watch TV while getting ores......
    I expected like you place 1 there another 1 over there at that planet, ow this planet will do.
    and then just come back after idk fighting a bit.
    btw that clock is a bit outdated you can do:
    activator>delay>not>back to activator (only 3 blocks)
    you cant do that, leaving the system will unload the system causing all logic to stop

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    you cant do that, leaving the system will unload the system causing all logic to stop
    there are more planets in 1 system :D
    also, maybe you brought your WIP ship with you to work on while waiting? :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432928613,1432928273][/DOUBLEPOST]
    How do you wire the logic so that you fire salvage beams continuously? I'm trying to make a repair robot for my hangar bay.
    if you look closely, you can see a very short stop in the beams once in a while. the beams aren't continuesly.
    He used a simple logic clock to repeat a high signal to his salvage computer (salvage computers only react when high signal COMES in)
    For the clock: activator>delay>not>back to activator.
    Then flick delay on and of to set the not block.
    Then connect the activator to the computer and then toggle the activator.
    tada you just learned how to make a logic clock! :D

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    there are more planets in 1 system :D
    The game only keeps loaded a 3x3x3 sector area around players. Once there is no player nearby the sector will unload after a set amount of time, stopping all factories, logic, even movement of entities doing so. This is done to lessen the stress on servers due to obsessive numbers of sectors being loaded and running things.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The game only keeps loaded a 3x3x3 sector area around players. Once there is no player nearby the sector will unload after a set amount of time, stopping all factories, logic, even movement of entities doing so. This is done to lessen the stress on servers due to obsessive numbers of sectors being loaded and running things.
    well..... well aaarg :confused: i suppose you can find 2 close located planets?
    anyways you can still bring your WIP ship xD

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Now you too can pilot a star-fighter that transforms into a giant robot because reasons!

I really hope we get more stat sharing between components. If you ships is mostly rail docked you have a lot of dead weight. It would be so nice to stuff engines in the components and have them matter.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The think the saddest part about the lack of sharing is with the new HP and Armour system. I shall pray for it.

Reaction score
    Stat sharing would be nice. I think the big fear, at least from what I was reading was that it would mess with the curve for power generation/thrust? With that thing specifically, it has a 3:1 thrust-mass ratio just to keep from being sluggish with everything else attached. You'd have a lot more to work with instead of plastering systems on the exterior of the hull instead with the added space from attached components.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Crimson Corp will soon have a brand new R&D lab!

Its not quite finished yet but its barely ready to be released. Just some rail novelties.

The top features pistons that will extend out for a time then slowly retract.

the bottom has spinning Gyroscopic Turrets.

The interior will feature some cool spinning holograms too.

like I said, theres still some stuff that need to be done before its ready to be released so stay tuned.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5

Its not quite finished yet but its barely ready to be released. Just some rail novelties.

like I said, theres still some stuff that need to be done before its ready to be released so stay tuned.
    no wonder you won the station competition long ago......
    i wish there would be a new competition and that you make 6 stations for that competition.
    just geez m8 awesome looks and ideas. i can't wait to see that in virtual reality!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432981495,1432981305][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Now you too can pilot a star-fighter that transforms into a giant robot because reasons!

is that the batman sign on the background shooting by? o_O someone needs help!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Tekkit-style quarry.

Note: blocks are not eaten by quarry because of gif recording (it's so laggy, without gif recording blocks are eaten far better).
    Also gif is in timelapse in game it works slower like in Minecraft.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MeepMoop and kupu
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

HUAAA awesome
    I'm a bit jealous

Reaction score

well, remember veritechs are often upwards of 60 feet tall (20 blocks) That should be plenty of room to create a more 'complete' transforming robot.

Maybe I should make one... can you link to a camera in a subassembly?