The Rail show off thread!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That shield is... absolutely beautiful. Is this going to be a Gundam type thing?
    Not even sure, I just sorta make things every so often. The idea is based off gundam and the like, but it will probably look nothing like anything from gundam.

Reaction score
    After loss of hair and breakage of ship...

(10) Pad Fully Automated Ship Docking.
    - A pad goes to the top docking door
    - Docking door opens
    - Pad waits for ship to land on it
    - Pad takes ship into hanger 2 or hanger 3
    - Docking door closes
    - Next available pad (no ship docked on it) returns to top docking door to wait for ship land
    etc etc...

Pain in the ass - with docks popping off rails for no reason....
    But it works now..yay!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Sadly (or not sadly maybe), the legs will have to be rebuilt. Gonna be made to fix the mech they are attached to better, and with some cleaner and simpler logic.

[Random Gif album of teh mech, because rails]
    This thing is awesome! I mean holy crap! That shield animation is especially awesome! You have inspired someone today.

EDIT: Made an exciting breakthrough with walker technology! Take a look at this:

Imagine the possibilities! I am going to make an urban Mech Arena with working Mechs! If you want the prototype Mech in the GIF, I'll release it for you.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    After loss of hair and breakage of ship...

(10) Pad Fully Automated Ship Docking.
    - A pad goes to the top docking door
    - Docking door opens
    - Pad waits for ship to land on it
    - Pad takes ship into hanger 2 or hanger 3
    - Docking door closes
    - Next available pad (no ship docked on it) returns to top docking door to wait for ship land
    etc etc...
    This looks awesome. Have you made 10 separate systems or does it run on 1 rail? Once i have built my main hanger i will be making a multi fighter /shuttle hanger with single entry rail. (Since my last rail dream was a epic fail lol)

Reaction score
    Thanks!
    It's one rail that divides into two larger hangers with 5 pads in each.
    The hacky part is the landing pad using (3) rail parts to detect landed ship - but it works well.

This looks awesome. Have you made 10 separate systems or does it run on 1 rail? Once i have built my main hanger i will be making a multi fighter /shuttle hanger with single entry rail. (Since my last rail dream was a epic fail lol)

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    This thing is awesome! I mean holy crap! That shield animation is especially awesome! You have inspired someone today.

EDIT: Made an exciting breakthrough with walker technology! Take a look at this:

Imagine the possibilities! I am going to make an urban Mech Arena with working Mechs! If you want the prototype Mech in the GIF, I'll release it for you.
    :eek: Amazing! Are you using plex doors to grab onto the checkerboard? Very inspiring! :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5

Release it plx :P Wanna to take a closer look at it.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

DAYUM TREKKERJOE THAT'S AWESOME!!!!

Reaction score
    Holy logic mayhem EndoSkull
    Wish I had time to help you micro size that, looks like a lot of it could be reduced down. Great work though!

I thought about a hanger sort and parking system, maybe a 3 or 4 bit system, but I have no practical use for it and other priorities. Maybe some day...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Created a car!

It uses a clock to activate a push effect - well that was already possible without rails but this car also has toggleable wheels! The clock and the wheels can be toggled with a remote block and by activating the activator infront of the car core.
    As that is just a prototype there where a few issues here and there.
    For example: to make the car move inside a planets gravity i needed to create artificial friction. Therefor the wheels are wedgeless.

"Yes it drives! Yes it also moves above the planets edge.... Nevermind"
    My first ever car crash in StarMade!
    It also isn't very terrain friendly:

"Yes it drives downhill!!!" - Me
    "Wait who the hell is driving! :O" - Notdave

My second car crash in StarMade!
    All i want to do now is to refine the whole concept - the weels need to work better and the clock got surprisingly large o_o Anyone has a clock that can be turned on and of that does use about 3-5 blocks?

P.S. They see me rollin'. They hatin'
    Clock simply needs a not and a delay block, connect both to each other and toggle one until they start alternating, there is your clock.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Totally! Except we don't have surface friction (at least not good surfarce friction) so you would need some prety rough terrain to grab. :oops:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432088780,1432088562][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This is the funniest thing I have seen on the forums yet! xD But it's also so cool, it feels wrong to call it funny! :p

You could add some push effect modules on the same clock at the wheels and make it look like it rolls still.
    The wheels use a little trick and not a normal clock:
    R = rotator A = Activator <-/-> = Connection
    R<-A->R

When a docked entity has rotated the rotator emits a logic signal to nearby activators. As the Activator is connected to the rotator the rotator is triggered and forces the docked entity to rotate again - repeating the whole thing.

BUT: The Push Effect is beeing executed by another clock because the 'clock' for the wheels doesn't trigger other logic blocks.

Clock simply needs a not and a delay block, connect both to each other and toggle one until they start alternating, there is your clock.
    I'll try that!