The Rail show off thread!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    is there a new contest? i didn't know that, great i can't wait for the stuff.
    but for me i can't help, yes i know how to use logic and rails but a shape shifting block would be how the station looks like when i build it.

also people i gotte cry!
    i can't make this V6 engine :(

but because when rotors hit something they put themselfs back to starting possision, i can't make it.
    because i need a holder for the thing
    Nope no contest. Just me trying to get people in the mood to post some rail stations. There has been somewhere around 20 stations built since the year started and less than quarter of them have rails. The rail update wasn't that long ago it's like people just don't want to use them on stations for some odd reason.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nope no contest. Just me trying to get people in the mood to post some rail stations. There has been somewhere around 20 stations built since the year started and less than quarter of them have rails. The rail update wasn't that long ago it's like people just don't want to use them on stations for some odd reason.
    nah that won't work if you want to set of a competition, speak to council people and developers.
    i can do just as much as you

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just thought I would add my stuff to here, been messing with rails this week and made some interesting stuffs. Multilevel elevator/lift with call buttons on each floor, mars 2 with rotating gravity section and a spacestation with rotating rings that orbit in opposite directions. Hope you like.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Just thought I would add my stuff to here, been messing with rails this week and made some interesting stuffs. Multilevel elevator/lift with call buttons on each floor, mars 2 with rotating gravity section and a spacestation with rotating rings that orbit in opposite directions. Hope you like.
    Jeez man that freakin awesome!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Proof of concept I have been working on ... circular motion (almost) without any rotator blocks... This is actually an octagon not a circle but the same concept can be scaled to create a much larger and more complex ring.... useful for warpgates.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    atm i am starting a project using this harbour crane:

later, after some updates it will even be for real use.
    Making something square in a game entirely made of blocks... you should probably change the shape of it when you build it.

What will the crane lift? docked ships?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Making something square in a game entirely made of blocks... you should probably change the shape of it when you build it.

i'm not sure about the shape yet, possibly multiple shapes.

what the crane will lift? when done, some standard shipment that gets re-used over and over.
    but later, when storage is changed to a logic way, which means storing things will exualy take space, the crane will then lift storage containers.
    but that will only happen after inter-rail movement update and storage update.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5

i'm halfway with my crane right now after that i start with the "convoy" i wonder if you could help me with something cool?
    any ideas? when you said:

i got the feeling like you have an idea for the convoy.
    can i know it, or can you think of anything?
    if you do want to, and know something.
    i don't care if it is a fast draft on paper, a sketch made on paint or a full design in starmade.
    anything will help, thanks if you have anything :)

Reaction score
    I saw the machine gun system and am wondering if anyone has tried to make a rail gun? I'll be trying to make one over the next week or so and was looking for inspiration or to see how others did it. Also does anyone know if there is a speed limit on the rails?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Also, an idea for the ones that have a password logic system (e.g. bench)
    i got this idea, after reading about the automatic dock thing, with 1 enterenche and many ships.
    what about using the code system like this: 1432 will bring ship ...... 2413 will bring ship .....
    i hope this is usefull :3

what i mean with automatic dock thing:
    Challenge accepted/ accomplished

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You guys continue to amaze me...
    But I do not have that much time.
    So I built this Fighter launcher.
    Fires 2 Fighters and then reloads (Can infinitely expand the "magazine")
    It works fine In my game, but glitched in this GIF:

(The logic works in a different way if i record a gif)
    Very simple, not too complex or expensive.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Made a vlog of sorts documenting some of rail turret quirks that i plan on using in some ship designs.
    (I filmed it in 1080p 60fps but for some reason the option isn't showing up at least for me, hopefully it just take youtube time to process 60fps videos but if it persists please tell me)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Made a vlog of sorts documenting some of rail turret quirks that i plan on using in some ship designs.
    (I filmed it in 1080p 60fps but for some reason the option isn't showing up at least for me, hopefully it just take youtube time to process 60fps videos but if it persists please tell me)
    Great video and awesome turrets. I for one though hate this push for 60FPS. I watch a lot of Youtube on an older laptop and find myself watching most videos in 480p now that more and more videos are forced into 60FPS

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Great video and awesome turrets. I for one though hate this push for 60FPS. I watch a lot of Youtube on an older laptop and find myself watching most videos in 480p now that more and more videos are forced into 60FPS
    Thanks. I typically only watch videos in 60fps if the computer im watching it on can handle it. However as content creators if we care about what we make then we should be striving for the best possible quality in our videos. 60fps as a standard is an inevitability unfortunately, we all gotta upgrade sooner or later

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So I think missile-mini-guns have reached their limit, I present the missile/cannon/cannon/cannon/cannon... ...logic gun:

64 missiles per second because the best way to beat PD is to fire 6 times faster than it!
    Why does that remind me of one of those foam cannons people use at concerts...

Reaction score
    So I think missile-mini-guns have reached their limit, I present the missile/cannon/cannon/cannon/cannon... ...logic gun:

64 missiles per second because the best way to beat PD is to fire 6 times faster than it!

I believe 128 missiles/s is definitely possible and 256 missiles/s is theoretically possible.
    That is absolutely beautiful.