1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

The Quickfire Initiative: Rebalancing StarMade.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Quickfire Initiative, Jun 13, 2019.

1. SchnellBier

We actually tried that first and I am pretty sure we would still add it if it would work. Having the ships hp bar reflect the state of all systems is preferable to just the reactor.

2. Keptick

Keptick Overkill titan builder

"The multiple-output penalty for weapons is currently disabled"

If you knew the number of times I told the devs to remove this outdated, broken, and outright unnecessary mechanic... That change alone is reason enough for me to use this config pack (that and removed stab distance, good god).

3. Scypio

There is no point to look at that before we, at least, know how will be implemented the universe update.

4. Keptick

Keptick Overkill titan builder

Does the config touch on rail mass enhancers at all? I always felt like mass enhancers were a bit on the weak side (mass/enhancer wise).

5. Scypio

The only thing that has been changed is their mass/hp per block to match other systems blocks. Other than that they still function the same way as before.
      Mass enhancers have a big problem in the current starmade is that the mass is per entity and not the whole sum of all entities. It means that if you have 3 entities of X size or 1 entity of 3X size, you don't need the same amount of enhancers. Which is not ideal for balance reasons and i am sure you certainly see why.