The Final Countdown - T-minus ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    That was just awesome on so many levels. I think that trailer will set the hook for many people (we'll really need some sfx now though). Can't wait to see the contest winner's stations in game too, the new people will love that.

I'm just curious though, couldn't Schine get in trouble for using copyrighted ships like the new Enterprise in their official trailer?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm just curious though, couldn't Schine get in trouble for using copyrighted ships like the new Enterprise in their official trailer?
    We've looked over this, we're not entirely sure, but we don't think this will happen. We'll definitely replace any content if requested by owners of the copyright. Hopefully not, it's slightly complicated matter.

Reaction score
    I'm okay with that, if it gets them interested in the game then awesome, and alpha is alpha who knows where the game will go or what features will exist in the near future.
    I want those features! Me being an optimist and having seen how well people react to such things... To add to the theme of music you can't get out of your head: i regard this as a dangerzone ;)

Nice trailer btw!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    We included an enterprise in the last trailer we did and never heard a peep about it. But as Duke said, we'll cross that bridge if we do happen to come to it, in the meantime it presents a key feature of the game, the fact that a lot of our community enjoys being able to build replicas of ships from their favorite science fiction series.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Definitely needs more Two Steps From Hell, If you know what I mean ;)

Awesome job! I saw my Leviathan and it looked glorious!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Holy balls. The new trailer is awesome. And the first half has my Comet in it! Well done me...
    Oh... And all you other people who made the trailer:p. My friends will finally come to starmade!

Reaction score
    Haha, I'm glad someone brought this up, I actually had the livestream open when I watched the Starmade trailer the first time and I started hearing the countdown prep talk thinking it was part of the video at first, lol.
    AAAAND they cancelled it because of the cooling valves just not responding. At least SM launched successfully!

(I'd rather they cancel the launch than a Virgin Galactic happens)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Fabulous trailer, very professionally done. Glad to see I made the credits (sadly I don't think the Quadril made the cut, unless I blinked). After seeing all these beautiful ships I think I need a lesson in exterior design. Awesome work guys/gals.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Uhhhhmm.. Sooo, THE DANCING!!!

Is it real? Is it "coming"???

CUZ I SUPER WANTS IT!!!
    Table Seats Fixed Pic.jpg
    Also, I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be 2 Daves sitting in "chairs" a NORMAL distance away from their table?
    /\
    |
    (Circled in red)
    Has this been fixed now? (or in a test patch or something?) Can we finally scoot our chairs in enough to reach our space-food?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Uhhhhmm.. Sooo, THE DANCING!!!

Is it real? Is it "coming"???

CUZ I SUPER WANTS IT!!!
    View attachment 6459
    Also, I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be 2 Daves sitting in "chairs" a NORMAL distance away from their table?
    /\
    |
    (Circled in red)
    Has this been fixed now? (or in a test patch or something?) Can we finally scoot our chairs in enough to reach our space-food?
    thats been in for the last few patches. the dancing I'm not sure of, I want those Sweet Moves!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It has worked that way for a at least a few patches. It needs to be the opposite wedge, it still won't work if the bottom is obstructed. You can even place a wedge above the seat and it'll be fine. I've made some compact cockpits with this method. Interestingly enough though, if you sit down and place a block in front of yourself, you will still be there, but if you get back up and try again you won't.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    2 Things:
    1.) Whaaaaaaaaa?? 0_0 really??

2.)Yes, few things could (and have) improve(d) starmade quite like more character animations. Sitting was like the best thing in ever (IN EVER). I still giggle half the time I use it. More stuff like that makes the game way more enjoyable. and social.

More sitting please.

.. Oh, & dancing. More dancing too. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also, could we get "lying down" too? for like beds and stuff? Then we wouldn't have to mess with all that wall gravity to lie in our beds.

oh, oh, and maybe some like "sensual" style lying.
    Like this:
    Burger King Fireside pic 1.jpg Burger King Fireside pic 2.jpg
    (Because it would be hilarious (and great))

Ooh, and then like a "Pillow Talk" style lying down (where you lie down on your belly):
    ((Just) Like this:)
    ''Pillow Talk'' Pose Example pic.jpg
    Ohhh, the fun we could have with that...

*begins daydreaming*...

(thought bubble)...:
    ''Pillow Talk'' Pose Daydream.png ....ahhh, time well spent :] .

Reactions: Malacodor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I don't think anyone sent a Star Wars replica in actually.
    I went back recently, and I think right as the lift comes to the top, the Ebon Hawk from Knights of the Old Republic flies out of a ship bay. I missed that the first time around.

Also, could we get "lying down" too? for like beds and stuff? Then we wouldn't have to mess with all that wall gravity to lie in our beds.
    I was actually just thinking about that early today and thought it would be a good addition. All this talk of sitting and different animations really brings me back to a certain MMO I played in my youth where sitting was an actual in-game skill. The smallest most seemingly inconsequential stuff can make a game more fun believe it or not.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I went back recently, and I think right as the lift comes to the top, the Ebon Hawk from Knights of the Old Republic flies out of a ship bay. I missed that the first time around.

I was actually just thinking about that early today and thought it would be a good addition. All this talk of sitting and different animations really brings me back to a certain MMO I played in my youth where sitting was an actual in-game skill. The smallest most seemingly inconsequential stuff can make a game more fun believe it or not.
    Haha oh yeah Ebon Hawk that is Star Wars, yeah that was it.

Also press O on a flat surface and you'll kind of lay and recline like you see in one of the steam screenshots. That's sort of laying on a bed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, It kind of is. Its a lot (as I see it at least) like a "hot-babe-sitting-on-her-towel-at-the-beach-rubbing-on-sunscreen" pose) which I quite like actually, which is what made me kinda want the "sensual" style lying downs like in the pictures of "The King."

I've had some fun with that pose too:
    Firelit Erotic Sunglasses-Prep Scene V1 -JPEG-.jpg
    (I keep meaning to photoshop a wine glass into his right hand)

But just an actual lying down thing (made for "sleeping") would make beds wayyy cooler, and more fun. and easier.

Oooh ooh, maybe there could be like a few (different) sleep-lying downs

Like a (traditional) sleeping with the hands under the chin:
    Sleeping Pose 1.jpg
    Then like a lying on back with hands clasped behind your head sleep:
    Sleeping Pose 2.jpg
    (maybe this one could only be done on wider areas (to accomodate the arms)?

And then (for fun) like a fell-asleep-in-my-clothes, sleeping-on-face-with-1-arm-hanging-off-bed (and probably drooling), type lie down:
    Sleeping Pose 3.jpg kinda like this but with the back half (of the person) actually on a bed.

(and also the character would probably be not centered on the "bed")
    Oh, and for this one, the character would have to be "lying" on 2 blocks that were an edge.

Hmm.. this is kind of a tall order... /: Perhaps there would have to be a different key for lying down. Maybe "U"? (nothing says "lie down" quite like the letter U) :D

Reaction score
    Nice job on that trailer! Now to see what Steam shall bring...

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Is there an estimate on when we will be able to get steam codes? We cant upload content to the community page from the demo version :(