The Final Countdown - T-minus ?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    wow, that first half was absolutely stunning! totally felt like an actual animated sci-fi movie or something. im beyond words!

and hurray that bench was able to squeeze me in at the last moment. you sir, are awesome :D
    yeah squeezed you in at the end.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/logic-elevator.985/

It's basically a ship on rails that gets moved precisely by using logic linked to pushing/pulling/stopping beams
    Yeah that's what it was based off, however i ran out of time to do all the logic involved so in the end i ran an extra machine then macro'd the PC running the camera recording view and moved the elevator myself while i had another person as the actual character. There's a lot more to putting it together then people realise.

Now take a look at that you Space Engineers. ;)

Sorry I couldn't resist that first thought. I'd say the video looks fantastic, now that's a proper promotional video.

There's one noticeable audio break just before when the second part with the advertising texts start that could be done better, but maybe that's due to my professional deformation. :p

Greets,

Jan
    The break was planned, a moment to absorb all you had watched in the first section as it set the atmosphere of the game, before dropping you into what makes StarMade unique.

Last edited:
    Reactions: OdraNoel
    Reaction score
    Bravo Bench. Video is fantasic!

Congrats to schema as well! Watching it gives me goosebumps but I can't imagine the feelings schema must have when he does. Watching the years of his work coming to fruition in a sweet 4 minute clip.

Congrats to the whole Schine Team, great work everyone!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Did i see Dave dancing? lol awesome! (1:07)
    Yup, you can see Dave dancing. ;) Specifically, he's doing the "Shepard Shuffle", AKA Commander Shepard's generally awkward and usually unenthusiastic dancing in the Mass Effect games. :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Excellent ! i'm almost jealous of those who will discover Starmade now. its mine, my precious...

Reaction score
    Hey, so first of all, congratulations to all of the people who have worked on this game, it is so great to see it coming to steam, you guys should be so proud. One thing that's a little confusing/concerning though, the steam store page say's that it got messed up and not to buy until the publication was fixed and moved to early access, but it is listed as early access, does this mean the problem was fixed and it is safe to buy it, or is the page just being super derpy?

Reaction score
    Hey, so first of all, congratulations to all of the people who have worked on this game, it is so great to see it coming to steam, you guys should be so proud. One thing that's a little confusing/concerning though, the steam store page say's that it got messed up and not to buy until the publication was fixed and moved to early access, but it is listed as early access, does this mean the problem was fixed and it is safe to buy it, or is the page just being super derpy?
    The game's -name- currently contains "Early Access", but Steam regards it as a fully released title. We'll hopefully have things sorted out shortly. :)

Reaction score
    Speaking of which, it's interesting to see Starmade being 'launched' the same day Orion is...
    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/
    Best of luck to the both of you.
    Haha, I'm glad someone brought this up, I actually had the livestream open when I watched the Starmade trailer the first time and I started hearing the countdown prep talk thinking it was part of the video at first, lol.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Yup, you can see Dave dancing. ;) Specifically, he's doing the "Shepard Shuffle", AKA Commander Shepard's generally awkward and usually unenthusiastic dancing in the Mass Effect games. :D
    HOW DO?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    a little sad of not seeing a star wars replica after the star trek replica :mad: in the build everything part but

it's a very well done trailer, bravo Bench

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I don't think anyone sent a Star Wars replica in actually.

Reaction score
    yeah squeezed you in at the end.

Yeah that's what it was based off, however i ran out of time to do all the logic involved so in the end i ran an extra machine then macro'd the PC running the camera recording view and moved the elevator myself while i had another person as the actual character. There's a lot more to putting it together then people realise.

The break was planned, a moment to absorb all you had watched in the first section as it set the atmosphere of the game, before dropping you into what makes StarMade unique.
    Showing stuff that could be instead of stuff that is... imho a big mistake when i think of all the early access dramas happening on steam.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Showing stuff that could be instead of stuff that is... imho a big mistake when i think of all the early access dramas happening on steam.
    to be fair, it is already stuff that is, Crusade has shown it can be done, and I had it working for a time, it was just running too slow and being sick i ran out of time to fix the logic. If I had him on board in the server it would be working fine. So it is possible in-game, just have to think outside the box.

Reaction score
    to be fair, it is already stuff that is, Crusade has shown it can be done, and I had it working for a time, it was just running too slow and being sick i ran out of time to fix the logic. If I had him on board in the server it would be working fine. So it is possible in-game, just have to think outside the box.
    yeah I made one on my station, took ages to get all the delay blocks just right

Reaction score
    Just saying... people are going to expect such things, you just promised pistons/elevators and sounds.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Just saying... people are going to expect such things, you just promised pistons/elevators and sounds.
    I'm okay with that, if it gets them interested in the game then awesome, and alpha is alpha who knows where the game will go or what features will exist in the near future.