StarSide Blood and Steel: Season 2

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    How the fuck can you people do this, it takes me weeks to get these things finished :( 3 weeks worked on ship and i just got my weapon fully functioning this thursday...
    I've got ~350 hours into starmade now. I get faster and faster everytime I build something. Gotta have a plan going in. Helps to have some friends to build on it as well.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

I might be cruising in with a pretty ship or two that I have built recently. Need to do some more combat trials before I confirm submission though. And remove the landing gear and spinning components...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448834191,1448834074][/DOUBLEPOST]Part of me wants to post this to the registry, but the other part of me says that is a stupid idea to let potential opponents tear apart my ship to know my many weaknesses in this thing.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    We may be out. I we went to do combat testing and our setup didn't work out so well. Will do more testing tomorrow night, but its not looking goo.d

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

I might be cruising in with a pretty ship or two that I have built recently. Need to do some more combat trials before I confirm submission though. And remove the landing gear and spinning components...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448834191,1448834074][/DOUBLEPOST]Part of me wants to post this to the registry, but the other part of me says that is a stupid idea to let potential opponents tear apart my ship to know my many weaknesses in this thing.
    I binged this thread solely to see designs like this to see how I could change my building methods to make better looking, less industrial ships. I was not disappointed. Ya'll should really run a class.

And as a hammer mechanic, I can't help but throw an expansion out on this one:

you are so wrong on the pricing issue and stuff that goes on with the Navy and in general our government buying stuff. They buy stuff massively over priced all the time. You would think that a process a company has to win a contract on would result in better pricing it doesn't though. Why simply there are few company's filling the orders and they know what the rates other companies won at in the past and so on.
    This is precisely why DoD picked up the HK416/417 and FN SCAR series rifles during the last Infantry Weapon trials, because they cost less than the M16 family and are more reliable because they don't rely on the ass-backwards direct impingement system--oh wait, that would be a sane procurement process. From the industry side, the DoD procurement process is a clusterfuck of favors owed, nothing more and nothing less. Full stop.

It doesn't help that not only do they function better, but the SCAR series is far more aesthetically pleasing...

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I rebooted my ship after it overheated and managed to rejoin the fight while he was picking on my friend.

He had to put me down a second time, but I almost dropped his shields.

Problem was friends ship used swarmers, so we couldnt fire until he was closer than we were to eachother.
    I don't know why people like swarmers so much, ah well.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The Cu'Chulainn is taking shape. It's either going to work beautifully or not at all. :P
    -
    Master_Artificer Swarmers are fun when you're on a solo team. Then you can kill indiscriminately.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wait is the deadline TODAY :eek::confused:o_O:(:mad:
    Here's what's written on starside website:

-Ships must be submitted at the latest by Tuesday December 1st, 1159 pm EST, no alterations after that.

So I think it's tomorrow midnight. But I may be wrong, my ship is submitted already

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    No lol 24 hours to go.

Finishing up mine atm, although not 100% sure on the ship's engine design.

and still missing cockpit interior

but at least it's combat ready and the surprise works :D

Reaction score
    The deadline has actually been delayed, everyone. 1 week. You have until the 8th. The actual tournament has also been delayed Saber is supposed to make a video about it.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Okay whew!

I can now find a team to pilot my ships or build a bigger ship because lack of team.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    The deadline has actually been delayed, everyone. 1 week. You have until the 8th. The actual tournament has also been delayed Saber is supposed to make a video about it.
    any way to verify this? The radio silence whole tournament has been pretty irritating but this is pretty absurd

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Deadline is meant to be in something like 5 hours from this post. [edit] I mixed up my time zones <- aussie time.
    Make that 29 hrs.[/edit]

Would be nice if the SS crew actually used this topic and kept us up to date.

Or actually just said anything regarding the tourny.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Deadline is meant to be in something like 5 hours from this post. [edit] I mixed up my time zones <- aussie time.
    Make that 29 hrs.[/edit]

Would be nice if the SS crew actually used this topic and kept us up to date.

Or actually just said anything regarding the tourny.
    Yeah, it seems like they're almost exclusively using Reddit and Youtube, and are hoping that people will actually follow the enjin site.