StarMade v0.199.646 - Build Mode

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    CBS is already running it...

You guys finally got your updater stuff worked out right, and I am grateful for that :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really appreciate the Line and Fill Tool, great job Starmade!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Wow... that new chunk system

Credit where credit is due

Well done schine... well done

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is awesome! Thanks so much and keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    Glad the release is out! Should we expect the new power system in 2-4 weeks, or 2-4 months? I'm kind of hoping for weeks, that way this whole slump the community has been in for a while gets resolved as soon as possible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Glad the release is out! Should we expect the new power system in 2-4 weeks, or 2-4 months? I'm kind of hoping for weeks, that way this whole slump the community has been in for a while gets resolved as soon as possible.[/QUO
    I'd prefer 2-4 months to ensure all bugs and balance issues are given due dilligence.

The new tools look wonderful. Ive been looking forward to the fill tool for a long time.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    New build mode is amazing but can you make the UI background is more/completely transparent? The dark grey options window coupled with the info box at the bottom left of the screen make it so your available view is a weird shape. And im talking about when its completely minimized. Or even better: The tabs where it says Brush Size, Symmetry, Fill etc. are very long compared to the space taken up by their names. You could cut them all in half and save screen space and only have them expand when you select them. Or make all the options collapsible so all that is left is the orientation and undo/redo, with a small arrow to bring up the submenus. This would not be hard to use at all!

Also I really wish you would add a reset brush option!!! You stepped in the right direction with being able to scroll on the number window but it still takes three separate steps to achieve this. And when your max brush size is large (mine is at 100) it takes forever to scroll down. It would be much appreciated if you'd add a simple BIG button that says something like "reset" right next to where it says "build x y z" under the Brush Size menu.

After playing a bit more here are some more things id like to see: The ship outline when you select it can only be seen when your helmet is on, and being able to keep the helmet on without it being in your hotbar. Because lets face it no one wears a helmet because it takes up a whole build slot. Also its kind of hard to read the names of ships because the whiteoutlines obscure it at medium and close distance. Maybe put the name on the top of the screen now? Outlines are cool af though!

But great job with the update the building mechanics of SM are where it shines the brightest, and they just got better. Hope build mode doesnt get locked to shipyards only still but that's for another day

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    A minor complaint, which I believe has already been mentioned, but the new tool menu is somewhat intrusive. If there is or could be a way to make it collapsible between adjusting build settings, that I think would be ideal as even though the old one was both smaller and transparent it was still possible to click on it instead of the entity being built.

*Edit* I have further noticed it is now next to impossible to see the orientation of black blocks against the new menus backround.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Schine forgot to mention something important...

Fleet Orders now persist through logout and server start/restart

Fleets set to Patrol, Attack, Defend, Move, or follow any other order will no longer revert to Idle status when the fleet owner logs out or the server restarts. Please note that this does not mean that they will be able to engage in combat or mining in unloaded sectors. However, this does mean that if an enemy player enters a sector where an AI fleet is set to defend, and the fleet's owner is not currently on the server, the fleet will be able to defend the sector!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Criss

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    my ship isn't getting power any more for some reason after I updated to the current update I have all the power laid out
    but nothing is working could the fill have been corrupted?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hmm, wasn't expecting highlighted target entities. This update has left a good first impression, personally. =)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Cargo on factories/shop/shipyard wasnt highlighting in the new style.

Had a bunch of problems with trying to make a ion weapon and ion defense on a ship aswell, first it couldnt find the modules, so i reloaded the sector, then adding to the block counts it would change the newly added blocks to the old style highlight

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    my ship isn't getting power any more for some reason after I updated to the current update I have all the power laid out
    but nothing is working could the fill have been corrupted?
    I had the similar thing happen when I first installed the PRE build. Any power use (thruster, guns) completely drained the ship instantly, then would show normal recharge. I restarted the client and everything fixed itself. I wasn't ever able to reproduce the glitch.

Reaction score
    Also adding thrust to a ship was giving a negative value to max speed, reload sector/relogged and then it gave the proper amount