StarMade v0.199.253 - Fog of War and Display Block Upgrade

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    If I make a voxel space game on display blocks called "starmade", will I get sued by Schema?
    you certainly will not... the resulting recursive event paradox will prevent any future lawsuits and may distort the shape of the entire singularity o_O

Reaction score
    Yes and no, yes if making money, no if not and not taking money from the real starmade due to them losing customers. XD General rule, avoid naming your game the name of an existing game.
    Pretty sure he meant within game, and not IRL...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    What about if someone creates Minecraft using StarMade logic, and then creates a version of StarMade using redstone inside the simulated Minecraft inside StarMade... :eek:

Reaction score
    Yes and no, yes if making money, no if not and not taking money from the real starmade due to them losing customers. XD General rule, avoid naming your game the name of an existing game.
    Um....actually that was a joke.

But If I did make "starmade" using display blocks, its more likely Schema would use it in a promo video...

Reactions: nightrune

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Um....actually that was a joke.

But If I did make "starmade" using display blocks, its more likely Schema would use it in a promo video...
    I just want to see 3D raster graphics on display modules in starmade... GalactusX You usually want challenges. Good luck!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    While I have not had a chance to play with the new toys, and certainly don't have the "logic brain" to do it myself, it seems like it would be possible with these new systems to make a working version of pong on a display block.

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    While I have not had a chance to play with the new toys, and certainly don't have the "logic brain" to do it myself, it seems like it would be possible with these new systems to make a working version of pong on a display block.
    Shh don't give the mad men ideas.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Welp the latest hotfix constantly gives me GL_INVALID_OPERATION whenever I try and rotate a block in advanced build mode now... ;-;

EDIT: It happens about 50/50 when just entering Advanced Build Mode now too ;-;

EDIT2: Seems my OBS fucked it up. Problem solved.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    schema said:
    Hotfix #1 (no server update required): Possible fix for Nullpointer involving display variable configurations. Fix for skin shader error.
    To all Servers that got a Database error: When the server was forced to shut down or crashed the last time before the update, the updated Database library couldn't handle the recovery file. The new database library increases performance significantly, so reverting to the old version permanently would not be good. However, here is a confirmed working solution to fix the problem: https://starmadedock.net/conversations/craftau-update-error.9237/#message-73155
    Am I the only one getting an error when I try to view the linked conversation?