StarMade v0.198.131 - The Main Menu

Reaction score
    Seems that I have a problem where i get to the main menu, which is nice mind you, but once I choose a universe to play in it goes to a load screen and says intializing universe and other stuff and starts to load at about 50% the window just closes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Pictures need to have a resolution of a power of 2 or it will show issues. 2048 x 2048 should be fine for example.
    It needs to display properly for every resolution possible, I don't know the code behind it so can't say why we need this particular format.
    Hm, power of two and square sounds much like the known OpenGL texture format restriction, however if the background picture could be just in a compressed image format like *.jpeg or even better *.png you could just cater for one high resolution image and display it smaller for systems with lower resolution.
    So instead of the OpenGL surface you could use a windows canvas, or Mac, or Linux equivalent instead? Later on one could even provide a folder were users put their own images in so the game reads them from there to use in succession for the main menu background for instance. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ratchet Hundreda
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello players,

a new version is uploading as I write this. Read the full news here: StarMade News - StarMade v0.198.131 - The Main Menu

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema and the Schine Team
    so where are my servers gone now? why are they not on the favorites list?
    they are private servers why are they not incorporated to work with this update am i supposed to remember these ip's now? It's a great update but sadly it seems again that schine did not completely solve the entire task.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    they are private servers
    Isn't the point of a private server to not appear on a public list of servers?

Adding a server should certainly be an option, but adding a negative remark at the end of the comment wasn't necessary. We are willing to help.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

Adding a server should certainly be an option, but adding a negative remark at the end of the comment wasn't necessary. We are willing to help.
    it definitely is the point of a private server to stay private. but why were they not put as favorites automatically? and yes the option to safe this access data i consider a "must have" which was not included in this update, causing lots of frustration... which i am sorry to express in words you might not like. Please only consider them as motivation to implement the necessary changes. I love you guys, you know that, still when finding a flaw, i can not help myself to point at it.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score

The old dropdown list of previous servers is gone, meaning everyone has had to find those IP's again. I would assume he means why is that list not being automatically added into our new favorites list, considering the fact that file is incredibly easy to read.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    That's fair, but considering the shear overhaul that has been done, it is easy to see how this could be overlooked. Has anyone tried adding a manually entered IP to your favorites? I do not recall buttons for it.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    That's fair, but considering the shear overhaul that has been done, it is easy to see how this could be overlooked. Has anyone tried adding a manually entered IP to your favorites? I do not recall buttons for it.
    you can't do that yet. ; ) and tbh. the feature of adding a server to your favorites list being hidden behind a right/control-click does not really appeal either why not haveing checkboxes on the public list instead. and a ceckbox on the manually enter thing to add the server to the favorites when connecting then it would be kinda consistant... check boxes if you want the game to remember this server...

so atm i am keeping connection data for my syervers in an external text file... (it shouldn't be that way)

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    soo,do we need to manually replace them/or correct their orientation on ALL our ships? or is there gonna be a small fix for this?
    :p
    If you could PM me a blueprint which is heavily effected, i will try and come up with a solution that allows both rotations and preserves older orientations.

If i can't, a choice will have to be made. Keep rotations and manually fix old builds, or go back to no rotations.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    you can't do that yet. ; ) and tbh. the feature of adding a server to your favorites list being hidden behind a right/control-click does not really appeal either why not haveing checkboxes on the public list instead. and a ceckbox on the manually enter thing to add the server to the favorites when connecting then it would be kinda consistant... check boxes if you want the game to remember this server...

so atm i am keeping connection data for my syervers in an external text file... (it shouldn't be that way)
    Drakkart I can assure you we have our best team members on the case. They are discussing the very changes that need to take place at this very instant.

Reactions: terra mining corp.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Drakkart I can assure you we have our best team members on the case. They are discussing the very changes that need to take place at this very instant.
    As you're too busy here to be involved with that discussion, does that mean you don't think yourself as one of the best team members?

Do you need a hug?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I know you'll do an awesome job on this. But i am glad haveing it brought up for something that obvious not on the first page was like "WTH?!" guys something went really wrong here, come on...

As you're too busy here to be involved with that discussion, does that mean you don't think yourself as one of the best team members?

Do you need a hug?
    I am certain the entire team could be in need for hugs they are doing great changes and deserve such.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Awesome job guys, but there are 3 issues I would like to report (sorry if they were already reported, and please tell me if these problems occur only with my copy of the game):

1) THRUST MECHANICS CHANGED?

Was proper propulsion intentionally made harder to achieve? With this update it seems that all of my ships have a top speed 60 m/s less than before. The thrust value remained unchanged, thrust/mass ratio unchanged, propulsion power consumption the same too, but 60 m/s lost in all ships I checked... Just an opinion, but if it was intentional, I think it was already hard enough to give large ships a decent acceleration and top speed.

2) RAIL ROTATOR ISSUE [Edit: sorry, not a bug, my own mistake]

I read that rail rotation speed is now dependent on the mass of rotated entities... I had a sequence of rails to position a ship after docking inside a carrier, with a 180-degree rotation set in halfway, and now it won't step on the rotator; stops on previous linear rail block, hesitates to move on with continuous, short reciprocation (block orientation is correct)

3) BUILD HELPER ISSUE REMAINS

I read that the previous update tweaked the build helper to memorize the values you set... it does, but after the first setting, every consequent one is centered on the ship core, nomatter what. I can't resolve this by exiting the ship and entering another either, must restart the game after every 2nd attempt to build a circle.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Some related suggestions...
    Check the speed limit setting. I think some configuration settings may be resetting to default during the upgrade/migration process?
    2) RAIL ROTATOR ISSUE
    Check that the orientation of the rotator block is as you expect, and not pointing back at the rail leading to it?
    3) BUILD HELPER ISSUE REMAINS
    This is a reported bug, which can be worked around using another bug. After selecting the build helper and having it appear on the core, paste a single block where you want the helper to be centered.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!

Was proper propulsion intentionally made harder to achieve? With this update it seems that all of my ships have a top speed 60 m/s less than before. The thrust value remained unchanged, thrust/mass ratio unchanged, propulsion power consumption the same too, but 60 m/s lost in all ships I checked... Just an opinion, but if it was intentional, I think it was already hard enough to give large ships a decent acceleration and top speed.
    Some server.cfg settings are resetting after exiting and relaunching starmade. I made a bug report for it last night. Your sector size is probably different than before.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    0ldSkull - thanks for the suggestions! the rotator orientation was correct, and i've also built a similar test setup which worked properly, but with another ship though :\

Kingofanime - ah, I understand, will check the sector size, and hope this will be solved.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just built a new computer and installed starmade,but for some reason I can't upload my blueprints from my old machine.HALP!!! I don't want to lose everything and start all over.