StarMade v0.198.131 - The Main Menu

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It would seem that the mouse tends to disappear whenever I get disconnected from a server and thrown back into the main menu.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey, the lighting at long distances gives a strange rainbow splitting pattern after the update. Is it a bug? what could be causing it??

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I have to complement you on those UI changes. The ability to exit to the menu is very, very welcome. And the two-stage launcher is gone!

EDIT:
    I just built a new computer and installed starmade,but for some reason I can't upload my blueprints from my old machine.HALP!!! I don't want to lose everything and start all over.
    Use dropbox if you can connect with the internet with both machines. Locate the blueprints folder in the Starmade directory, and send it to dropbox. Then it is a simple matter to replace the folder with the file on your new machine.

Alternatively, you could simply use a flash drive... May be more convenient if you have one handy.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why oh why doesn't the new ingame settings menu for server/worlds save my sector size and thrust values!?!???

It is frelling irritating, where is that new stupid file so I can set it to read-only mode so the damn values stay at what I set them to. Having to set ALL of the values every time I boot the game up is just downright UNACCEPTABLE! :mad:

FIX IT!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I cant play multiplayer using this menu, I get this error:
    How do I fix this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I cant play multiplayer using this menu, I get this error:
    How do I fix this?
    Its fixed, if anyone else has this problem, try deleting the 'cred' file in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.StarMade.
    This worked for me, thanks to Lancake

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Its fixed, if anyone else has this problem, try deleting the 'cred' file in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.StarMade.
    This worked for me, thanks to Lancake
    That's actually fixed? o_O Been managing to get around it by clicking either retry or exit for some time.

Reaction score
    a complete gui and main menu redo update, sadly no real other game additions... but...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why oh why doesn't the new ingame settings menu for server/worlds save my sector size and thrust values!?!???

It is frelling irritating, where is that new stupid file so I can set it to read-only mode so the damn values stay at what I set them to. Having to set ALL of the values every time I boot the game up is just downright UNACCEPTABLE! :mad:

FIX IT!!!
    The file is the server config in your StarMade folder, but if you try to set it to read-only the game will delete it and replace it... You'll have to wait for a fix.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!

FIX IT!!!
    If you're playing via Steam on Windows you'll find the config at
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StarMade\StarMade\server.cfg
    Otherwise your StarMade folder with the server.cfg should be in the same location as your exe (if you're not using Steam on Windows)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The file is the server config in your StarMade folder, but if you try to set it to read-only the game will delete it and replace it... You'll have to wait for a fix.
    If you're playing via Steam on Windows you'll find the config at
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StarMade\StarMade\server.cfg
    Otherwise your StarMade folder with the server.cfg should be in the same location as your exe (if you're not using Steam on Windows)
    As if I didn't poke that very file a few times already. *sigh* Hopefully the hotfix that's out now fixes this thing.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    As if I didn't poke that very file a few times already. *sigh* Hopefully the hotfix that's out now fixes this thing.
    Whoops, I think is misread your post, sorry 'bout that! As for the hotfix, it does, indeed, fix the problem. :D

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Nice effort but I'm having 2 major issues.

1) when I updated, I lost the ability to use my existing single player world. Sensing that this could be an issue, I made a backup of my entire StarMade folder. In the new menu my world does not show up as something I can import, nor will going back to the old version allow me to export it. How do I get that other world had to show up in the new release?

2) I don't see an option to "start dedicated server" like in the old menu. How do I create my own server environment so I can test things via LAN or Hamachi?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Nice effort but I'm having 2 major issues.

1) when I updated, I lost the ability to use my existing single player world. Sensing that this could be an issue, I made a backup of my entire StarMade folder. In the new menu my world does not show up as something I can import, nor will going back to the old version allow me to export it. How do I get that other world had to show up in the new release?

2) I don't see an option to "start dedicated server" like in the old menu. How do I create my own server environment so I can test things via LAN or Hamachi?
    1) you probably want to contact support about that. Submit a ticket : StarMade Support

2) "start dedicated server" is part of the launcher, not of the main menu. The old launcher still has that button and the new/beta launcher requires you to click on "dedicated server" and then click on launch. You can also use the StarMade-dedicated-server-... file in your Starmade root folder to start it.