StarMade v0.19549 Faction Permissions, Player Protection, Streamlining, and Fixes

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i went and double checked on a whim and it looks like you get less thrust from docks now than just sticking the thrust on the main ship. as far as i know previous value was not intended, no idea if its supposed to be like this though.

1.2 mass with 4 thrusters on mothership and 4 on dock, 2 cores and 2 dockers: 15.7 thrust

1.0 mass with 8 thrusters on the mothership, 2 cores and 2 dockers at 20.2 thrust

..so it looks like there might have been a mistake
    Thanks godmars, for checking it out.
    Maybe one of the devs, Criss , or Bench , will be able to tell us if this was intended. And if so... what's the new normal now, so I can rebuild my ships.

Last edited:

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Bench, schema, Criss

Apparently, now the doors and chests are also restricted access if the permission to edit that entity exceeds the permission of the faction member.
    Since faction permission blocks only permit ONE block, not an entire group, that means I have to
    A.) let anyone edit the homebase or
    B.) remove all doors or
    C.) install logic buttons to open and close every single damn door on the homebase.

Reaction score
    Bench, schema, Criss

Apparently, now the doors and chests are also restricted access if the permission to edit that entity exceeds the permission of the faction member.
    Since faction permission blocks only permit ONE block, not an entire group, that means I have to
    A.) let anyone edit the homebase or
    B.) remove all doors or
    C.) install logic buttons to open and close every single damn door on the homebase.
    Opening another factions plex/blast door that has a permission block will open the whole door, you just have to look at that specific part of the door that touches the P block when you hit R. Its kind of odd, but it does work

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    How many kilobytes is the new update?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, I like the idea of the docked thrust added to the primary entity. This allows for completely modular design and makes more sense to me. I don't really understand the game mechanics for it at the moment, but would like to see a Wiki or something that has a detailed description like the cannon configurations out there.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Personally, I like the idea of the docked thrust added to the primary entity. This allows for completely modular design and makes more sense to me. I don't really understand the game mechanics for it at the moment, but would like to see a Wiki or something that has a detailed description like the cannon configurations out there.
    The problem with docked thrust BEFORE was that it was hilariously overpowered, providing more thrust for less energy. Now it's underpowered, as it provides less than thrust just on the main ship. What we need is for it to be the same, whether it's on the main ship or docked.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Thanks godmars, for checking it out.
    Maybe one of the devs, Criss , or Bench , will be able to tell us if this was intended. And if so... what's the new normal now, so I can rebuild my ships.

As lecic stated, it used to be more beneficial to use docked thrust modules due to an oversight. Seems that there was a fix attempt, looking at the results that fix needs to be looked at again. Not sure if we'll do a hotfix for this, but it should be fixed for next release (in 2 weeks).