StarMade v0.19549 Faction Permissions, Player Protection, Streamlining, and Fixes

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    as soon as I saw you online in the forums,I started refreshing the page like a maniac!! AND BOY WAS I RIGHT :D

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    RIP Z/X-Drives

*Plays Taps to unintended features*

EDIT:
    >posts comment and sees the video and briefly thinks that the forums link videos based on phrases you post... either epic ninja or computer failed to load the post in his video before i finished my reply ;):rolleyes:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Cheers to a new year for SM. I always appreciate the updates and can't wait to see what you guys pull off this year.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is it just me or is the update not available for download right now?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    give it some time,I see you are new/ish,it takes 15-40 min to appear,depends

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    What even were Z/X drives?
    Hilariously overpowered instantly charging JDs that were immune to standard inhibitor methods. As broken as they were, it was REALLY NICE not having to spend 20 minutes to get around your local galactic section.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    give it some time,I see you are new/ish,it takes 15-40 min to appear,depends
    Actually I'm not that new, I played this game for mor than 1 year before creating this account (which was when I decided to buy the game).
    Maybe my lack of experience with new updates not being available results of luck with updates always being available for download when I saw the relating newspost.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    At first glance as a single-player this update isn't very exciting. Aside from the bug fixes, this doesn't change much in a local game.
    Then I think...wait. It might actually be safe to play multi-player now!
    I'll give it another update or two to shake out the bugs, but I might actually start looking for a public server soon.

Reactions: Blodge and Bench

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    this year we finally start using our proverbial toolbox to build the game we’ve all been envisioning.
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GET HYPE ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Hilariously overpowered instantly charging JDs that were immune to standard inhibitor methods. As broken as they were, it was REALLY NICE not having to spend 20 minutes to get around your local galactic section.
    Also you only needed like 100 or so blocks for it, no matter the size of the ship.

this was about the size, constant for ships of all sizes, and I would only say that you not needing to devote space to jumpdrives and put more gun on a ship was the main reason why it should of been fixed.
    --
    Aww, it looks like you also need jump drives connected to your jump drive computer now to charge and jump. Darn.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ahem, uhh.. I use "TAB" key to access inventory. I rebind it from "I" to "TAB" after every update but this time the function is lost. Inventory menu doesn't show up when bound to TAB, instead my mouse cursor does. Seriously, please fix it. My muscle memory revolves around accessing inventory with TAB since Minecraft.

EDIT: I am more than thankful about the helmets being finally fixed. No more of this: *scrolls over helmet and the guy takes off the helmet while in the vacuum of space* Broke my immersion - every - single - bloody - time.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Permissions? After 2 years of asking for them? You must be kidding)) AT LAST GODDAMMIT, YAHOOO!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Awesome sauce! Now that we have a personal ownership can we get a logic controlled permission block that can allow/disallow access?