StarMade v0.19549 Faction Permissions, Player Protection, Streamlining, and Fixes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don't have the opportunity to play and check at the moment: Can I finally remap the "go faster" button for build mode? My fingers really want to go up and down with space and shift like very other game ever, but I can't do that while speeding up is permanently stuck to shift.

Reaction score
    And a note to everyone, if you are using teleporters and jump to another faction members ship, make sure they have a faction permission block on it, otherwise enjoy your new prison...

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So what's gonna stop a spy or saboteur in a faction to put every single ship that hasn't been claimed by a member yet (for example, meant for common use) on personal, fly them out, leave faction and claim them all?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So what's gonna stop a spy or saboteur in a faction to put every single ship that hasn't been claimed by a member yet (for example, meant for common use) on personal, fly them out, leave faction and claim them all?
    Sensible recruiting? Only releasing ships when you feel you can trust a faction member. Factions that recruit any old player for numbers over quality will always have problems as I have seen it happen.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Um, I see the ship mode (flight/build) key has been changed from [space bar] to [Z] key.
    Don't know if anyone else has tried this, but when you want to roll left, you get put into build mode.
    Also, when you transition from build to flight mode, the ship rolls left.

I find this kinda problematic and not sure where the logic is in changing this.

Or is this just happening to me?

I wish the docking was applied to the standard shops as well and always on, whether previously spawned or not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Feature request, an option that makes it impossible to set certain ships to personal. Because this can and will be abused. Else good update :D

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Um, I see the ship mode (flight/build) key has been changed from [space bar] to [Z] key.
    Don't know if anyone else has tried this, but when you want to roll left, you get put into build mode.
    Also, when you transition from build to flight mode, the ship rolls left.

I find this kinda problematic and not sure where the logic is in changing this.

Or is this just happening to me?

I wish the docking was applied to the standard shops as well and always on, whether previously spawned or not.
    The new key binds are intended. They make more sense to new players and players of similar titles. You can change them if you want to in the options menu.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The thing is that they didn't rebind properly when you update. The mode switching rebinds, but rolling doesn't so every time you switch from build mode back to flight mode you roll. :|

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    The new key binds are intended. They make more sense to new players and players of similar titles. You can change them if you want to in the options menu.
    Okay, fine with that. I only wish it had been done a bit more graceful, not simply clobbering existing setups.

Apart from that, excellent update so far.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Myself and some others were discussing this in chat. It'd be hilariously easy to tie up an entire faction's miners and low-rank combat vessels. There NEEDS to be an option for higher ranks to prevent personal locking of a ship.

Sensible recruiting? Only releasing ships when you feel you can trust a faction member. Factions that recruit any old player for numbers over quality will always have problems as I have seen it happen.
    Sensible recruiting only gets you so far. Anyone who cares enough can spend a month building up an alt to seem like a respectable user and a sensible choice for a higher rank. Suddenly, BAM, half your fleet is gone.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    You can only set something to "personal" if you have enough rank to access the faction module.

Rank 1: recruit -> rank 5: founder.
    If you put ships on rank 3 or 4, no one of rank 1 or 2 can set it to personal. They can still use the ship if you use faction rank permission modules to exclude rank of course.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452987177,1452987060][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Myself and some others were discussing this in chat. It'd be hilariously easy to tie up an entire faction's miners and low-rank combat vessels. There NEEDS to be an option for higher ranks to prevent personal locking of a ship.

Sensible recruiting only gets you so far. Anyone who cares enough can spend a month building up an alt to seem like a respectable user and a sensible choice for a higher rank. Suddenly, BAM, half your fleet is gone.
    That's true, but that's also part of the game I think. Eve online has had many backstabbers in corporations/alliances, it makes things interesting when an alliance suddenly collapses in multiple smaller ones.

Then again, you don't need to promote members anyway in order for them to use higher rank stuff, that's why you have the new "Faction rank permission module" for :)

Reactions: kiddan