StarMade v0.19282: Putting more fun into battles. Also, boarding!

Reaction score
    I just built a big rotating piece and I find that after the thing rotates about 45 degrees, it triggers the activation block next to the rotator, then it jumps to the nearest 90 degree angle and continues rotating. I can't get a smooth rotation...
    I've seen similar, but only when the rotating piece was blocked by something. If that isn't the case, it may have something to do with the mass enhancers. They do require you to have power generators now. If you don't have enough enhancers or not enough power to the enhancers they will do funny things.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Man, I am really loving this update! I used a Grapple Beam on a pirate ship and it started spinning crazily trying to hit me while I used the Torch Beam to get inside. The other pirates shot the one I was in to pieces allowing me to torch the core and grab all the blocks and move on to the next!

This is really going to encourage more turrets so that players don't do this to enemy players' ships.

10/10 would Grapple Beam again! After saving up to buy the Torch Beam, what is it made of? Gold?! =P

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've encountered another problem while refitting my turrets to the new mass system (don't know if new or not):
    If one turret has missiles as well as other weapons i.e. cannons, the turret will use both but shoot its own missiles.
    Moving the missiles to specialized turrets doesn’t really solve the problem. The missiles just get hit later on by other turrets aiming at the same target.

So I would be pleased if missiles could no longer be accidentally shot down by oneself or even better the own faction. (Not hitting them would be better but for now no damage will do.)

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I've encountered another problem while refitting my turrets to the new mass system (don't know if new or not):
    If one turret has missiles as well as other weapons i.e. cannons, the turret will use both but shoot its own missiles.
    Moving the missiles to specialized turrets doesn’t really solve the problem. The missiles just get hit later on by other turrets aiming at the same target.

So I would be pleased if missiles could no longer be accidentally shot down by oneself or even better the own faction. (Not hitting them would be better but for now no damage will do.)
    One trick you could do is have lock-on missiles on your mothership that shoot in another direction, such as upward, causing them to curve to get the the target. This way your turrets won't destroy your missiles, though sacrificing missiles on your turrets.

Edit: Yea, never mind. Just rotate your Missile computers on your turrets to fire the missiles upwards, make sure they are lock-ons (missile+beam) and you are on a roll! ;)

Reactions: Gwynvorth

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    One trick you could do is have lock-on missiles on your mothership that shoot in another direction, such as upward, causing them to curve to get the the target. This way your turrets won't destroy your missiles, though sacrificing missiles on your turrets.
    You can set up turrets to use vertical launch missiles as well.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Oh, totally forgot that worked. :confused: *heads off to set up own ships with this system he (surprisingly) forgot!*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Edit: Yea, never mind. Just rotate your Missile computers on your turrets to fire the missiles upwards, make sure they are lock-ons (missile+beam) and you are on a roll! ;)
    That is a good solution to launch them but there was the other part while closing in on the target:
    The missiles just get hit later on by other turrets aiming at the same target.
    If I have 600 rapid firing turrets at one side of the ship there is a LOT of spray fire that will probably stop a good portion of the missiles even if they are launched vertically.

Edit: Additionally I have my turrets placed deck wise. So the missiles of the lower decks will get hit by cannon fire of higher decks if launched vertically.

Last edited:

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Another thing you could do is make the portholes (or whatever the proper term is, the holes the barrels stick out of :P ) thinner one way or the other, restricting your cannons to only be able to hit parts of enemy ships that your missiles most likely won't hit. ;) Otherwise I don't really have much more help I can offer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    portholes
    Someone wants to lure me into building a ship of the line...

My answer to this is: I will build one ship with two hulls (like a catamaran but without junctions) one hull will have cannons and the other one will have missiles. I will box in the enemy ship and sand blast them from both sides while my center of mass is within their own ship.:rolleyes:

Reactions: kiddan

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Someone wants to lure me into building a ship of the line...

My answer to this is: I will build one ship with two hulls (like a catamaran but without junctions) one hull will have cannons and the other one will have missiles. I will box in the enemy ship and sand blast them from both sides while my center of mass is within their own ship.:rolleyes:
    Excellence old chap! :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

I heard that putting a faction module on both base AND arm section eliminated that issue, and it worked for me YMMV

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Open server.cfg and set
    MISSILE_DEFENSE_FRIENDLY_FIRE = false
    Thank you. That is what I was searching for.
    But why is friendly fire by default only enabled for missiles and disabled for the rest? Is there a reason for this? upload_2015-6-28_18-53-58.png o_O

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Will other mass based systems get adjusted now that the mass of every ship has changed? I know the thruster system is getting an update but every defensive effect as well as jump drives uses mass as their bass determining value and while a few ships may have gotten lighter most ships in existence got heavier, even those which favor standard armor over advanced.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Hello Players,

a new version is ready to download.

Get the full news here:

http://star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-19282-putting-more-fun-into-battles-also-boarding

Thank you for playing StarMade,
    - schema and the Schine Team
    This has to come out when my damn internet is shaped of course, but I'm being told by the admin of the server I play on that pirate's weapons are totally bypassing shields now, anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes Pirate ships v small ones can now damage my 1.3 mill hp battleship, and big ships are now therefore useless.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yes Pirate ships v small ones can now damage my 1.3 mill hp battleship, and big ships are now therefore useless.
    Not exactly useless, a bigger ship can have bigger weapons and more turrets. Bigger ships are capable of destroying faster, whilst smaller ones destroy easier and can fly faster.