StarMade v0.19282: Putting more fun into battles. Also, boarding!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It still doesn't seem that an individual rail will emit a signal when something docks to it? That's a big help for automating docking, and I'm bummed to see it wasn't addressed among the bug fixes.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    GRAPPLE BEAM (soon to have pulling ability)

Praise be to the great grey one!

also i hope the torch only works on cores or just one block at a time. The griefing potential for that thing has me concerned

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm somewhat skeptical to the implementation of some of these features, though the concepts themselves are excellent. The armor hp is possibly one arbitrary hit-point meter too many, and might be better implemented as a scaling damage reduction, rather than a fixed damage reduction with a scaling longevity. The hp system seems like quite an improvement in itself, but basing the system debuffs on the central hp rather than the damage to the individual system seems like a missed opportunity. (Seriously, I've been waiting to scream "target enemy shields" or something to that effect for a long, long time now)

Overall, it's definitely a massive improvement, and I look forward to seeing it in practice.

Reaction score
    Torches sound awesome. The beam changes sound pretty bonkers as well, gonna have some fun with this.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Something needs to be done about cheesing boarding parties. Hallway clearing weapons, filling up the hallways with tons of blocks, making boarders play an extreme version of "the floor is lava," etc.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Something needs to be done about cheesing boarding parties. Hallway clearing weapons, filling up the hallways with tons of blocks, making boarders play an extreme version of "the floor is lava," etc.
    ...Shipyards system? No more building shit in the middle of nowhere. A bit strict, I suppose, but it definitely fixes issues like this.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ...Shipyards system? No more building shit in the middle of nowhere. A bit strict, I suppose, but it definitely fixes issues like this.
    That would be nice, but that doesn't fix the issue someone just filling up their hallways at the shipyard before the battle. I don't think there's really ANY way to fix that, though, besides server admins not allowing that kind of nonsense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Whoa, I didn't expect boarding to become a thing so soon. Props to another cool update.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That would be nice, but that doesn't fix the issue someone just filling up their hallways at the shipyard before the battle. I don't think there's really ANY way to fix that, though, besides server admins not allowing that kind of nonsense.
    Yeah, I suppose so; it's kind of like the doomcube thing. But if, say, crew members had to get between the core and something else, then that might make it extremely inconvenient to do that sort of thing except maybe by hand as a last-minute barricade during a battle.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Just did some weapons testing. I can report that Damage Pulse can pass through armor and destroy system blocks .

without its shields I was able to instant kill an Isanth with just a 9/9 Damage pulse/Damage beam combo.

Who's useless now!? #DamagepulseOP

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just did some weapons testing. I can report that Damage Pulse can pass through armor and destroy system blocks .

without its shields I was able to instant kill an Isanth with just a 9/9 Damage pulse/Damage beam combo.

Of all the bugs that could... wow. Torch code changes spilled over into damage pulse?
    (This is a bug... right?)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Of all the bugs that could... wow. Torch code changes spilled over into damage pulse?
    (This is a bug... right?)
    i said only when the shields r down. but from my tests the pulse passes right through blocks and attacks systems directly. was able to overheat the core without destroying ay armor blocks

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10

That's... awesome, actually. I hope it stays. It makes Damage Pulse a deadly weapon to use, but it's also very difficult to use, as you need to ram into an enemy.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I said only when the shields are down. But from my tests the pulse passes right through blocks and attacks systems directly. Was able to overheat the core without destroying any armor blocks.
    Oh, that's a bit more sane. I misread the part that said "without its shields" as "without dropping its shields" for some reason.