StarMade v0.188 - A completely new GUI

Reaction score
    Can blueprint owners' names be added back to the catalog please???...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Loving this new GUI, completely great.
    I'm lost though, I can't find the blueprint menu, assuming there still is one

Reaction score
    Tried it and it seems fairly good at the moment, the little mini-map is certainly better. However maybe I'm being an Idiot, but how do you access storage on your ship?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Tried it and it seems fairly good at the moment, the little mini-map is certainly better. However maybe I'm being an Idiot, but how do you access storage on your ship?
    Does pressing I while in the ship no longer give the option?

Loving this new GUI, completely great.
    I'm lost though, I can't find the blueprint menu, assuming there still is one
    The blueprint menu doesn't seem to have a keybind. Use any other key that got you the "main" menu before (B,I,H) and you will find the catalog tab along the top of the screen with the other tabs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The blueprint menu doesn't seem to have a keybind. Use any other key that got you the "main" menu before (B,I,H) and you will find the catalog tab along the top of the screen with the other tabs.
    Ahhhh. Thank you, my window cropping was off-centered so I couldn't see it. thankyouthankyou

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This is just awesome. Everything looks so much more modern now compared to the Java-looking elements we had before. Really impressed and so happy that I can read something without the annoying overlap. Seriously, good job on this update, especially Kupu for coloring everything in.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This update is so awesome! Station blueprints, finally! The new GUI is such an improvement as well. Plus, new decor blocks.

Can't wait to see trading.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    After playing on EE for a bit, I can say that I officially LOVE the new waypoint saving. Now I don't have to look up coords from the map every time I want to get from Aethis to Auan Taara or from spawn back home. :D

...Now if the crashes people get when they open the nav menu could be fixed, that'd be great.

Reaction score
    Just some quick feedback:

The lifts are broken. The lift platform no longer appears centered on the lift making me a sad panda as I fall to my doom down an elevator shaft because I didn't notice the gap when I went to step off.

Please add an option to put numbers back on the hotkey bar. I miss them. They were cute and cuddly and I was going to ask the number 7 out to dinner next week, but now it's gone, and I don't know what to do :(

As others have mentioned, we need hotkeys back for every panel, or at least the option to assign them.

Still can't get my stupid planet to change from PlanetCore to what it's real name is.

Love the nav waypoints, tho.

Also love the new minimap. Maybe I'll ask it out instead of the 7.

Reaction score
    but how do you access storage on your ship?

do you mean that when you open a storage block all you see is your own inventory and not the storages inv? if this is the case all you have to do is drag your inv window to the side and the storage window will be behind it. as the first time you start with the new gui all your windows are centered and thus over lap. but once you move them their position is saved, even if you exit the game. but ya maybe the storage blocks default position should be slightly off centered so people realize you just have to drag the window to the side. i too took a couple of minutes to figure it out.

Edit: oh my, almost forgot the most important thing..........AWESOME NEW UPDATE IS AWESOME!!!!!! :D :D :D

<3 :schema:

Edit 2: for those wondering here is a pic of the three new deco blocks in order: Conduit (Blue), Decorative Charts, Scaffold

the conduit and charts are both animated. another interesting thing to note is the conduit appears to have water (or other clear or blueish) liquid flowing through it. might this become something more then just decoration in the future? and the fact that its labeled "blue", could we be getting some more conduit colores? (diff fluid types/ liquid pumping system and perhaps....gasp, fuel!) my my, isnt speculation fun!? :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ditto on this, thus far i have to enter build mode, and go to the storage blocks manually, surely they didn't remove this feature.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422772835,1422772189][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi players,

A new update has just been released.

Check out the full news here:

http://star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-188-a-completely-new-gui

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema and the Schine Team
    Great so far, but a few things seem to be missing,
    1) can't set shop prices
    2) can't access stashes like i used to in flight
    3) a sell to shop hot key needs to be created to dump into the shop easier. the current drag and drop is tedious and the new drop field is now 500 times smaller. need a press alt and click right to sell all to shop, or left to choose the amount, or something like that.
    4) jump icons, radar icons, etc are not showing as active. only way to tell is power consumption that is noticed.

Other than that , love love love the new gui, nav point saves, and station blueprints. Looks great.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Wat? Will we get a Mew creature and it is able to dock?
    :p
    Schema block confirmed!

Also doubt any dev team will see this but please please let us build our own rail carts, and don't give us a dedicated railcart block. Let us build our own instead, as big or small as we like. Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    moin,

also eins muss man sagen es sieht Hammer aus...erstmal wieder an das neue aussehen gewöhnen,

aber habe auch gleich ein Bug gefunden...ihr habt die Deko Blöcke vom aussehen sehr durcheinander gebracht,
    selbst Wasser sieht jetzt nach ein Deko block aus...denke net das es so geplant wa
    edit: behoben wa ein Fehler in der block config

was ich noch fast vergessen hab, kann es sein das es bei skins upload ein felher gibt ?

MfG Avatar (Server:Militärpolizei)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Very nice. I will be updating this as soon the month turns over.

Soon, my Pitt Stations Shall spread across the Galaxy!

Schema block confirmed!

Also doubt any dev team will see this but please please let us build our own rail carts, and don't give us a dedicated railcart block. Let us build our own instead, as big or small as we like. Thanks.
    I agree. In a game where the player is capable of building and customizing almost anything about his or her ship, a generic cart would be a disappointment.

By the way, what's a "Schema Block"?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema block confirmed!

I highly doubt the rail system will be a minecart track. I imagine it will be similar to the docking we have now only the parts docked to them will be able to move along this rail. I do also hope for turrets that can have articulated barrels as this is a much needed feature for large turrets. Although they would have to be part of the turret itself because if barrels are just their own ships that need their own shields than that's no good and really limits the power of the weapons.