StarMade v0.188 - A completely new GUI

Reaction score
    Must say this update has made Starmade that much more enjoyable. Please keep up the fantastic effort !

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good, most of the GUI is redone, nice work

Will the rail system come next or the previous features we heard about? (HP system, thrust mechanic, shipyard)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I want to point out that the crashes mentioned in this thread have been reported and has enough information to get it fixed, I assume those will end up in a hotfix.

Also, the inventory <-> chest interaction is currently not in the game but will added once it is finished (better to wait and improve than release a broken feature)

Reaction score
    do you mean that when you open a storage block all you see is your own inventory and not the storages inv? if this is the case all you have to do is drag your inv window to the side and the storage window will be behind it. as the first time you start with the new gui all your windows are centered and thus over lap.
    No I mean when you entered a ships core in the past you could access any plex storage blocks on that ship from a drop down menu. I tried moving around the inventory screen and there were no other windows behind it.

Also, the inventory <-> chest interaction is currently not in the game but will added once it is finished (better to wait and improve than release a broken feature)
    Oh ok, I guess I'll move my storage to more accessible places on my ship for now.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Anyone knows where i can download the game without the launcher? The launcher seems to download corrupted files and deleting everything and redownloading everything doesn't help. It comes up with a bunch of different errors ('null point exception' here 'end of file exception' here and again a 'null point exception' then a 'resource exception: data/textures/lava.png' or 'resource exception: data/textures/block/.'
    As i already stated deinstalling the game (and launcher) and reinstalling it does not help. :(

Reaction score
    Anyone knows where i can download the game without the launcher? The launcher seems to download corrupted files and deleting everything and redownloading everything doesn't help. It comes up with a bunch of different errors ('null point exception' here 'end of file exception' here and again a 'null point exception' then a 'resource exception: data/textures/lava.png' or 'resource exception: data/textures/block/.'
    As i already stated deinstalling the game (and launcher) and reinstalling it does not help. :(
    http://files.star-made.org/build/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would be awesome if decorative pipes would really transfer fluids :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...It would be nice if decorative pipes could be turned. The fact that animated blocks can't be rotated will have to be handled sometime... And soon would be a good time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can anyone tell me how to show the scan results in the new GUI?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This looks so amazing!! Only complaints are that in the weapons menu it doesnt show how many blocks of the main weapon you have which is annoying when changing the size of a weapon since you have to break out the calculator. Oh and the large mini map covers up your power bar when in flight mode. But other than that I love this new GUI, makes the game look 100 times better.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    ...This update is pretty awesome, I just couldn't imagine it being any better. Then I looked at the bottom of the update notes.

Reaction score
    for the most part I really do love the new gui but there are some glaring issues....one major one is you can no longer tell if your ship is cloaked and or radar jaming

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Also after this update i can no longer delete blueprints
    If they're on your singleplayer game or on a multiplayer server you own, manually delete them from the blueprint folder. Otherwise, ask an admin to delete it.

Reaction score
    This navigation bug is really unnerving. I know it's been reported, but is there any way around it in the meantime?