• Total voters

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Progress Update!

Ive only just realised how huge those spaced armour panels covering the engine pods are on my ship, lol, and how big that area is in general with the medium rocket turrets on it

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    This is neat, like those images that compare sizes of sci-fi ships. I need to build something big enough for this.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Starting to look a bit more like a chart and less like an arbitrary collection of ships...

• Added a Star Trek Constitution-class for comparison purposes
    • Added two Rockhopper variants courtesy of FlyingDebris
    • Added Napther 's KDI Bowhead alongside the KDI Trapezoid
    • Added jontyfreack 's MORGON
    • Added Atheu 's VFS Argo
    • Added another Trinova ship, Gladius-class

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Starting to look a bit more like a chart and less like an arbitrary collection of ships...

• Added a Star Trek Constitution-class for comparison purposes
    • Added two Rockhopper variants courtesy of FlyingDebris
    • Added Napther 's KDI Bowhead alongside the KDI Trapezoid
    • Added jontyfreack 's MORGON
    • Added Atheu 's VFS Argo
    • Added another Trinova ship, Gladius-class
    "KDI" is short for Kaiju Design Initiative, shortened to catchy KDI because its unique manufacturer shorthand.

The Bowhead might need clarification that its a Miner-class/frieghter. But, Its your post, Your thread, Your rules!
    Nice to see A few other ships more on there, and a Star-Trek ship. Did not reaslise some of the scale of starmade ships and the "room" you have for crew for the power requirements of the vessel; unlike the Constitution class which is basically mostly interior space on accomadation decks

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    "KDI" is short for Kaiju Design Initiative, shortened to catchy KDI because its unique manufacturer shorthand.

The Bowhead might need clarification that its a Miner-class/frieghter. But, Its your post, Your thread, Your rules!
    Nice to see A few other ships more on there, and a Star-Trek ship. Did not reaslise some of the scale of starmade ships and the "room" you have for crew for the power requirements of the vessel; unlike the Constitution class which is basically mostly interior space on accomadation decks
    I'll make sure to clarify roles of your ship and others.

StarMade ships tend to be chunkier by default, it seems due to simple things like power lines and reactors which need large spaces to run efficiently. In contrast, the Constitution almost looks flimsy up to our ships, with a lot of structural weak points and very little real interior space (shown clearly by the StarMade replicas of that ship).

Reaction score
    Yeah, Star Trek seems to have forgotten the laws of physics and rules of survivability. Thin bits connecting engines tend to break (Forces don't like to be applied that way) and get shot. Also, why a disk? A flat disk is just asking for missiles to destroy entire sections of the ship (No interior space is actually any real distance from a surface, increasing vulnerability).

Reactions: Anubis Evo
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, Star Trek seems to have forgotten the laws of physics and rules of survivability. Thin bits connecting engines tend to break (Forces don't like to be applied that way) and get shot. Also, why a disk? A flat disk is just asking for missiles to destroy entire sections of the ship (No interior space is actually any real distance from a surface, increasing vulnerability).
    If I could like that more than once I would.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Neat. This is exactly the cool stuff we need to show off StarMade's capabilities. To-scale displays of builds next to each other. I planned on doing comparisons of our builds but never got around to it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Awesome, it looks better with every update. Will you plan on extending the canvas when you run out of room or is this a "get in while you can" -type of deal? :p

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Awesome, it looks better with every update. Will you plan on extending the canvas when you run out of room or is this a "get in while you can" -type of deal? :p
    It's going to be continually extended so there will always be room for more ships. So don't worry :P
    Neat. This is exactly the cool stuff we need to show off StarMade's capabilities. To-scale displays of builds next to each other. I planned on doing comparisons of our builds but never got around to it.
    I agree, it really does show how cool and advanced StarMade's builds are.

On a related note, when the TG/Outcast/Scav ships are released, can I add them to the chart as well?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    On a related note, when the TG/Outcast/Scav ships are released, can I add them to the chart as well?
    Obviously I'm not Criss but I think it would be cool if you made a seperate chart for all the ships that will be in the base game, the TG, the Pirates, the Outcasts and all the fleet contest winners.

Also I would like to submit my largest complete vessels to the current chart: Mareck Carrier, Drothan Destroyerhttps://starmadedock.net/content/mareck-carrier.4365/