• why u do dis

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Aw, can't post any of my big ships :(...except for maybe 1 that doesn't even have systems.
    Can I PM you its blueprint? Don't really want to share its incomplete blueprint with everyone.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Aw, can't post any of my big ships :(...except for maybe 1 that doesn't even have systems.
    Can I PM you its blueprint? Don't really want to share its incomplete blueprint with everyone.
    Of course. That goes for other people as well, PM your ships if you can't release them for whatever reason.
    [doublepost=1471174498,1471173797][/doublepost]
    Obviously I'm not Criss but I think it would be cool if you made a seperate chart for all the ships that will be in the base game, the TG, the Pirates, the Outcasts and all the fleet contest winners.
    I think its unnecessary for yet another chart for the official ships. They'll definitely have a separate section on their corresponding charts though.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    One thing to consider: Docked entities that lengthen the ship without affecting its "official" length score. I'm pretty sure the Amberclad's lower fin would increase its length beyond 137, though I haven't verified this - you could just add a note like "137 metres (main body) or actually measure the fin. Oh and by the way; the Amberclad's a heavy cruiser. ;)

In any case, top notch work and great initiative with the chart. I've found myself idly staring at it numerous times these past few days, and I can't wait to see it grow. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    by the way, need any help with ship silhouettes? what program and procedure do you use to get these images?

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    by the way, need any help with ship silhouettes? what program and procedure do you use to get these images?
    Some help would indeed be welcome. I'm just one guy after all.
    I'm not using any special software; just side-view screenshots, GreenScreen mod and Photoshop's magic wand :p

One thing to consider: Docked entities that lengthen the ship without affecting its "official" length score. I'm pretty sure the Amberclad's lower fin would increase its length beyond 137, though I haven't verified this - you could just add a note like "137 metres (main body) or actually measure the fin. Oh and by the way; the Amberclad's a heavy cruiser. ;)
    Docked entities are a pain in the ass to measure and that's exactly why I need help :p Normally I'd just assume the ship's main dimensions are the total dimensions including entities, but I'll keep a closer eye on it from now on.
    And I'll clarify the Amberclad's role (and fix it's length) later.

Last edited: