• Yeah go for it

Votes: 346 98.9%
    • Nah m8

Votes: 1 0.3%
    • why u do dis

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    View attachment 36246Thanks for sticking up for me, Nauvran.

View attachment 36247 Actually, there is a reason why the ships are so small:

REAL EXPLANATION: It was my first large ship; I was so pleased with myself, I felt it deserved the honor of being labelled a battleship.

LORE EXPLANATION: The fleet of the United Galaxies Police Department is designed to be effective while staying inexpensive (with some pricier exceptions). A larger ship can only protect a single location, while the same money's worth of the UGPD's "Broadswords" can cover half of a star system. Because of the low-cost design philosophy, the ships in this fleet were classified on a skewed classification system.
    In addition, unlike some larger ships, which use unarmored hulls, the UGPD fleet uses a large amount of medium armor, with heavy armor protecting the vital parts of the ship. This design enables ships to continue to fight or flee even after the shields are compromised.

Real world precedent: the USN first battleship was only 308' long and weighed about 6,500 tons. The last battleship was 887' long, and weighed around 57,000 tons!

Classify your ships how you want. The whole point is to identify their role, not simply their size.

Just keep in mind that of you play on someone else's server, you will need to evolve your designs to compare. If they build bigger, you'll have to build bigger if you want to stay competitive (or threatening) but of they dont, then you won't! Lol

Also: it would be cool to see my frigate up there, next time the chart is updated!
    MKII IronHead Frigate

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Alright, seeing as how my bigger ship won't be finished any time soon, and I don't know for how much longer you'll keep doing this, I'll send in another ship I built a little while ago:

Thanatos Class Light Carrier

Hope it gets in, cause this chart is so damn cool.
    [doublepost=1486683257,1486682113][/doublepost]Oh, and, if you do incorporate it, could you call it a Kron Inc. ship instead of something like "emc007's" ship?

Thanks

Reaction score
    I wonder what it'd be like with my current project on it, a 2.8k block long ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This is amazing. While you make joke it is a waste of time, this kind of thing may finally begin to add some consistency to what "class" as ship is as well as rough benchmarks for performance in a highly aesthetic builds. Also it just looks great, I want to see this used in Starmade promotions.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    This is amazing. While you make joke it is a waste of time, this kind of thing may finally begin to add some consistency to what "class" as ship is as well as rough benchmarks for performance in a highly aesthetic builds. Also it just looks great, I want to see this used in Starmade promotions.
    People get too caught up on the specifics of "class"

Quit being so...classist?

Its good to have an agreed upon scale on whichever server you play on, but my frigate is a Damn frigate, and just because some "frigates" are over 1km long, and others are under 100m with a crew of 6 doesn't change that lol.

It would be cool to see this in the promotions though. Let people know they build to whatever scale want.

I just like looking at the pretty ships, and the sense of scale helps the appreciation.

Seriously, Jake_Lancia keep this thing going, it's awesome!

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    This chart represents a massive community-driven project aimed at recording the size of as many StarMade ships as possible, for reference and comparison.

The original idea was inspired by Lone_Puppy , HorribleHedgehog , and DirkLoechel of DeviantArt.

Ship lengths are calculated in pixels, e.g, if the ship is 200 metres long, the ship is rendered as 200 pixels long on the chart.

This post will be continually updated with new progress on the chart.

If you want your ship included on the chart, post the Community Content and/or download link below and I'll add it as soon as I'm able. I will accept submissions via PM if a download link is not available for whatever reason.

REGULATIONS
    *There is no upper size limit.
    *There is a lower size limit of 90 metres (either length or height in the case of a vertical ship).

*NO REPLICAS OF ANY KIND. This includes ships based off another sci-fi universe but not of an on-screen ship ('fanon' designs). This is a chart to show off the works of StarMade, not a generic sci-fi *chart.
    *No hastily slapped together system bricks or 'doomcubes' of any kind.
    *Submitted ships must be your own work. I cannot accept submissions on behalf of another person for whatever reason - if you want their ship on the chart, tell them to contact me themselves. It's a matter of copyright and permissions.

Current progress: Version ALPHA 0.5B4

Is it bad that I'm building a 4 kilometer ship? With a mega weapon? And turrets that dwarf fighters? And has so far crashed my game 10 times at 2 kilometers?

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    It's been WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long since I updated this chart... let's change that.

• Added all requested ships. If any are missing please let me know.
    • Sen OTS Tier 's Griffon has been re-added.
    • Aesthetics ' Victorious-class Destroyer and Invincible-class Frigate have been added (requested via PM)
    • Added the 100m+ Outcast and Scavenger vessels as made by Criss

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    It's been WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long since I updated this chart... let's change that.

• Added all requested ships. If any are missing please let me know.
    • Sen OTS Tier 's Griffon has been re-added.
    • Aesthetics ' Victorious-class Destroyer and Invinvible-class Frigate have been added (requested via PM)
    • Added the 100m+ Outcast and Scavenger vessels as made by Criss
    Either im blind or you missed the Avelos ^^
    edit1:
    And here we go...i dunno if its to big, i hope not honestly, but ill post it anyways.
    STL-1003-TT-Avelos Class Grand Battleship
    Edit2: some of them ships are amazing to see. I think we need more vertical ships though HMMM