• Nah m8

Votes: 1 0.3%
    • why u do dis

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    If starmade made a store, this sort of thing could be sold as a poster. I would totally buy a print

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    What an absolutely delightful idea

This was brought to my attention by the wonderfully active Dannage .
    I certainly applaud the work going into this and it looks absolutely professional and reminiscent (obviously intentionally) of that one enormous poster that is floating around the net of space-boats and their sizes. Upon it's completion, I absolutely encourage you to make a bona-fide poster of it to sell, I am sure it will be a big hit with starmade fans; I would definitely buy one for Lightweave's offices.

I could just toss all my ships at you, but I feel that would not be proper, so I'll link a couple here, however, should you wish to do so, please feel absolutely welcome to go to my community content page and grab the others, if you have personal preference.

Unfortunately these are also quite old. I should really upload my latest ship that I finished months ago, but i'm so busy these days.

Though not my personal favorite, people seem to like The Black a lot, so this is my first logical suggestion:
    The Black

Rex IS my favorite.
    Rex

The disciple Battlecruiser is more recent, and has a nice shape.
    Disciple Battlecruiser

The Eidolon Battlecruiser is older still, but out of all of them, probably has the most different looking profile and contrast to make your poster look as nice as possible
    Eidolon Battlecruiser

Good luck and again, awesome idea!

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And here I submit my Valkyria Class Dreadnought.
    Hopefully a good addition for the size chart.:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The collab seriously needs to be remade now that 3d exporting is possible.
    Everyone who applies their ship to be put into this NEEDS to do so by exporting their ship into 3D graphic program such as blender, put on fullbright, put on isometric camera and then enable the grid to help determine the scale. Then take a screenshot and send it to the good person making this collab.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think it's up to Jake_Lancia to determine what criteria he "needs" for a submission. He doesn't mention many prerequisites in his original post, but I agree a compromise of sorts would probably help. Maybe people should at least export the ships to object files first as I imagine that's the biggest time-sink? Choosing a scale and which rendering software to use etc. should then probably be left up to whoever is actually producing the chart.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    My, um, "battleship" is pretty small, but it passes the 90-block minimum. Could you add it to this comparison chart? Link here:

UGPD Battleship

Also, if you ever release this as a real poster, could I buy one?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There's no need to redo the whole thing just because there is a new overly complicated way doing it.
    Because normal perspective cropped and tidied screenshots of the side profile of the ships are still messy and have twisted dimensions thanks to the normal view you silly normie memelord

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Happy.png Here's a thought for more reference: why not include a real life Navy vessel or two, such as the USS Gerald R. Ford?

I feel it's only appropriate, considering that most starships are classed by naval terms (e.g. Carrier, Dreadnought, Battleship, Cruiser), along with the fact thatspace is an ocean.

Reactions: MeRobo

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    View attachment 36006 Here's a thought for more reference: why not include a real life Navy vessel or two, such as the USS Gerald R. Ford?

I feel it's only appropriate, considering that most starships are classed by naval terms (e.g. Carrier, Dreadnought, Battleship, Cruiser), along with the fact thatspace is an ocean.
    Why not but I think that even when sci fi replicas arend allowed there should some ships from the more popular sci fi universe as reference, because even when we not copy the styles we oriantate us in size and design philosophy at those ships. Just what I think.