Starmade Q&A

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When will we be able to tell turrets to target multiple enemies?

When will we be able to move the ship core for asymmetric docking?

When will the bugs that cause docking to fail, AMC's to not destroy blocks, Doors to ungroup, and factories to stop producing, be fixed?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    -Linking SD cockpits to certain computers so ship with large crews have there own cockpits to look out of and switch to (Example: a cockpit facing down linked to a d1000 for a bomber view only)

-can we switch back to the old turrets and docking system

-With the boarding idea inside auto turrets to help defend the ship from enemy ships that boards you

-Also with boarding a way to take out key components on the ship

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Could you please share a few details on the new crafting system?
    Will you increase the player's money cap? It's becoming impossible to buy very large ships now (just as it was all the time). I think it's time to increase it due to the improved performance of large ships (and yes, I'm aware that it would require to change the data-type)
    Will you keep the planets' dodectagonic look, or will you make them a little more round-ish by making the segments a little rounded?
    What's the progress on the new weapons system?
    Will old ships' weapons still work after the update?
    New hull colors :3 ?
    Will the thruster changes make it to the next update?

That's about it, I guess.

Reaction score
    This is going to make me sound like a complete dick, but...
    When people ask questions for the next Q&A that were already asked and answered in the first Q&A, I doubt the Devs will re-address those same questions, especially when it's evident that they didn't watch the first one (or read the notes) and so probably won't watch the next one either to get the answer/s to their re-asked question/s. :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Will personal weapons ever happen?
    Will hull be changed to make it useful?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    What are the plans for adding more sounds to the game? For example, the only sound a ship makes now is when you're near the core. Could you add mass-based engine sounds? for eample, a larger ship will have a louder engine sound when moving, that can be heard from farther away, and be a much deeper sound than one made by a smaller ship.

Reactions: 22SAS_Wimp
    Reaction score
    make it so that you can stack 2 slant hulls to make a square. for example if you had a slant gray hull and you wanted to put a glass slant hull on top so that you could have a half window, you can't. PS. that example was actually my problem. ;)

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Alright, assuming this is where we are supposed to ask questions, here we go.

What changes can we expect to the playstyle of larger ships?
    -In regards to interface and control systems, will we ever be able to "command" capitals as opposed just piloting them as we do now?

-Regarding the combat mechanics, will we see more tactical depth? (Aiming for systems to reduce their capacity even with shields and hull in the way, power redistribution, that kind of stuff)

Will effort be taken to reduce the current dogfighting aspects of capital combat?

Furthermore, will, and if so how, will hull be improved to be more useful? Will such usefulness be limited to post-shield failure situations, or will mid-combat applications(absorbing leak-through damage perhaps?) be put in place?

-Regarding ship structure, will, and if so in what way, the many components of a capitals (turrrets, shuttles, fighter craft) ever be more integrated into the ship, or continue to be semi-autonomous entities?

Can we expect more complex aspects of ship building, such as power conduits do deliver energy from generators to weapons and such?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Is it possible to implement a way to disable pirate roaming so that the only pirates are at stations. I was having some problems, I couldn't have a ship for more then 5 minutes because no matter where I was, about 50 pirate ships automatically knew where I was and went to attack me. The only way I could escape was to stay at a store and now, I am stuck at a store because pirates have the store surrounded.

P.S. If some sort of long range, teleport sort of, instant travel is implemented, my vote goes to FTL.

Edit: Every time I exit the game all the ships I have docked to my main ship despawn. Is there a way to fix that.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I probably wasn't clear enough. I meant mechs with moving legs, and tanks with working wheels.
    That will never happen, schema already said so, it'd be too complex of a calculation for any computer, also, it'd mess up ships because the calculation would think that anything that looked like legs would have to move

Reaction score
    Sorry for the second entry, but so far , the game can be called the middle ground between ftp space shooters, minecraft and eve. The eve part trading crafting, it seems to be neglected. Missiles don't cost any resources while fine but so far the resources we gather just kinda stack up. I guess I am asking for both trade hubs (of some sort). And something like ftl where resources get drained the more you use your ship.

-MobiousMaximus
    I agree, there needs to be some sort of fuel source for thrusters, other than electricity

Reaction score
    Will we ever be able to build a holo blueprint instead of real blocks and then pay the cost of the blocks to build the ship instantly so you can Design > Farm > Buy.

This way you can design without the need for the actual blocks in your inventory, but you can store the requirements inside the holo itself so that when all required blocks are stored it becomes buildable.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    That will never happen, schema already said so, it'd be too complex of a calculation for any computer, also, it'd mess up ships because the calculation would think that anything that looked like legs would have to move
    It won't, if made through special blocks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.