StarMade Hotfix 0.198.133

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...after we gave them the ability to rotate (through a bit of a hacky work around) everyone's conduits were in seemingly random positions from whatever orientation they unintentionally set.
    Thank you! I noticed this in a ship I had used conduits extensively in and was super annoyed when I had to fix them all. (I'd be willing to bet I might have missed a few even still...) Although rotatable conduits/antennas would be nice, a workaround that doesn't break existing designs would be even nicer. :)

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Because this doesn't fix the root problem.

Conduits and scanners were given rotations and 6 individually assigned textures to each face like any other normal block you can rotate. However it would seem like they were previously able to rotate but the textures simply wouldn't show it. Meaning after we gave them the ability to rotate (through a bit of a hacky work around) everyone's conduits were in seemingly random positions from whatever orientation they unintentionally set. A bit more investigating needs to be done to a) confirm the above and b) get them working correctly.
    Ouch, that sounds nasty! What if a release got pushed that rotated every single antenna/conduit to one certain value (would affect blueprints and loaded ships), then you could push an update later that would allow rotation and everything would look normal on old ships? Dunno how feasible it might be, but if it's possible it would be a handy little solution!

- light blocks have slab variants
    Yay! This is gonna be something I'll use a LOT, I love making small ships with lots of detail and the absence of light slabs was nagging at me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whew! Thanks for fixing the 'Adv. Settings' and the world settings menu not saving custom values. The game was indeed downright unplayable, at least for me (seriously why didn't anyone else mention this about the server.cfg being buggered up?).

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    - antenna modules and conduits are no longer rotatable
    - light blocks have slab variants
    As someone who uses a TON of scanners and conduits in their floor / ceiling textures... I thank you. This broke so many ships. Jump drives had a similar problem before but seemed to be largely unaffected.

Sneaky light block slabs... I need to hug someone for those and ice wedges.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh, I forgot to mention... schema , it'd be nice if the info on the loading screen were larger. When "downloading block config" and that stuff is that small, it's easy to not even notice it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I know someone has said it but I don't care.................. - light blocks have slab variants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought things like ice wedges and light slabs would mean so much...... I iz a happy builder!!!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Is it just me or has FPS taken a hit, I seam to be getting half of what I used to get. Also what is with the rainbow effect?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it just me or has FPS taken a hit, I seam to be getting half of what I used to get. Also what is with the rainbow effect?
    Yeah I have noticed that for some reason SM needs more GPU usage than usual which wasn't the case before, not to that degree at least.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Schema, could we see slab variants for other blocks like logic? This would provide some space benefits for interiors.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah I have noticed that for some reason SM needs more GPU usage than usual which wasn't the case before, not to that degree at least.
    The lighting engine got some work in an attempt to fix lighting/shading issues. If memory serves, it's still bugged and disabled, but I guess a side effect is that things got laggier? IDK.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Neat hotfix but my game still crashes whenever an internally docked entity gets shot/destroyed, specifically an elevator. The error message is ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null, I would send reports but the whole program stops responding, although I was eventually able to send one

EDIT:
    its also just happened when firing an amc into an astroid. might be linked to amc's in general

Last edited:

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Because this doesn't fix the root problem.

Conduits and scanners were given rotations and 6 individually assigned textures to each face like any other normal block you can rotate. However it would seem like they were previously able to rotate but the textures simply wouldn't show it. Meaning after we gave them the ability to rotate (through a bit of a hacky work around) everyone's conduits were in seemingly random positions from whatever orientation they unintentionally set. A bit more investigating needs to be done to a) confirm the above and b) get them working correctly.
    I hope that version of SM where all blocks were correctly rotatable will be back one day. I liked play with rotations without to be forced to use known glitch or create docked entities for that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dunno if it's a minor issue, but I get a complete crash to desktop when trying to import new blueprints.

1. Using Intel HD Graphics 4000 on a Dell laptop in full-screen mode.
    2. Attempt to import a blueprint, 100% crash to desktop.
    3. Restart again, get out of full-screen mode to windowed mode. (FPS drops below 10.)
    4. Attempt to import, import screen opens up successfully to use.
    5. Go back to full-screen, FPS still horrible.

I'm guessing (beyond having Intel HD 4K) that the import screen is the problem, as graphically it looks non-Windows standard. More like the style from a Linux OS. Be happy to make a bug report if you like.

Also, if I stay in windowed mode, FPS is in the singles. Whereas full screen gets me more. So staying in windowed mode is not an option, please don't suggest that. Or get a real graphics card/computer. That's just rude.

P.S. Also don't tell me to get new Intel drivers. That's impossible as it's an name brand/OEM PC, so you can't. Don't suggest that either as it doesn't work. No rudeness please!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Dunno if it's a minor issue, but I get a complete crash to desktop when trying to import new blueprints.

1. Using Intel HD Graphics 4000 on a Dell laptop in full-screen mode.
    2. Attempt to import a blueprint, 100% crash to desktop.
    3. Restart again, get out of full-screen mode to windowed mode. (FPS drops below 10.)
    4. Attempt to import, import screen opens up successfully to use.
    5. Go back to full-screen, FPS still horrible.

I'm guessing (beyond having Intel HD 4K) that the import screen is the problem, as graphically it looks non-Windows standard. More like the style from a Linux OS. Be happy to make a bug report if you like.

Also, if I stay in windowed mode, FPS is in the singles. Whereas full screen gets me more. So staying in windowed mode is not an option, please don't suggest that. Or get a real graphics card/computer. That's just rude.

P.S. Also don't tell me to get new Intel drivers. That's impossible as it's an name brand/OEM PC, so you can't. Don't suggest that either as it doesn't work. No rudeness please!
    In the meantime, you can extract a BP manually. Just open it in your favourite ZIP client and drag the folder to your BP folder