StarMade Hotfix 0.198.133

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Dunno if it's a minor issue, but I get a complete crash to desktop when trying to import new blueprints.

1. Using Intel HD Graphics 4000 on a Dell laptop in full-screen mode.
    2. Attempt to import a blueprint, 100% crash to desktop.
    3. Restart again, get out of full-screen mode to windowed mode. (FPS drops below 10.)
    4. Attempt to import, import screen opens up successfully to use.
    5. Go back to full-screen, FPS still horrible.

I'm guessing (beyond having Intel HD 4K) that the import screen is the problem, as graphically it looks non-Windows standard. More like the style from a Linux OS. Be happy to make a bug report if you like.

Also, if I stay in windowed mode, FPS is in the singles. Whereas full screen gets me more. So staying in windowed mode is not an option, please don't suggest that. Or get a real graphics card/computer. That's just rude.

P.S. Also don't tell me to get new Intel drivers. That's impossible as it's an name brand/OEM PC, so you can't. Don't suggest that either as it doesn't work. No rudeness please!
    At first have you installed JDK java ? The most problems are fixed with JDK java not only JRE on a intel laptop.
    Intel makes bad drivers for java (OpenGL) and its not the job of the game developer to fix drivers. Thats not rude. Thats reality.
    On the most Intel laptops the game run. A few need JDK java and then it runs and a handful of intellaptops cant run java games and yes minecraft have this problem too but starmade use more graphicoptions. And on desktop pcs with real graphiccards there is normal no problem.
    So when it is a chip or driver problem you are wrong here. Dell or intel is here your counterpart.
    Google win10 intel and minecraft and you see the driver will be worse.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am sorry Arsat and the rest of the community. I came across as whining and stupid, when my intention was to stop the usual "just upgrade drivers or accept you are out of luck" type of responses. I was wrong and I came off as too strong. I didn't stop to think constructively or give all the facts what I thought was an issue.

Once again, I apologize and I will try to correct my ways.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah I have noticed that for some reason SM needs more GPU usage than usual which wasn't the case before, not to that degree at least.
    StarMade is the only game that causes my GPU to overheat (I'm using a 960 GT). I'm guessing it's trying to render all of the non-visible blocks too.

Reaction score
    So when is something that is going to add to the game besides building going to be added?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So when is something that is going to add to the game besides building going to be added?
    ...My question as well. Specifically, something that actually works in a way that promotes actual gameplay, unlike - say - fleets or the faction and territory system.