StarMade account system issues (Citizen's Registry)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    EDIT: We believe to have resolved both the game uplink and forum authentication issues. All Citizen's Registry functionality should now be functional.

Greetings,

Around 10 AM CET yesterday, our account system the "Citizen Registry" went down. Since then, we have been working to restore functionality and connectivity to our services. calani and schema have been working around the clock to restore our online services as fast as possible.

We have managed to restore the web end of the Citizen Registry. Unfortunately, we're still facing problems with our game uplink service.

We understand that this has caused a lot of frustration amongst our players. No one is more frustrated by this situation than us.

We're working as fast and as efficiently as we can with the resources available. Our new web team member calani has been a huge help. Due to the nature of the situation and issue, we are unable to give an ETA. We aim to have all services fully restored before the next 12 hours. We will update everyone as soon as we have more details to share.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the downtime.

Thanks for bearing with us during this time!

- The Schine Team

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Poop happens, glad you fixed it. That's why it's called an Alpha :)
    Tell Schema to get a nap.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    Your team is amazing - even amid this issue, I received detailed replies to tickets. Awesome communications - major plus on that point alone. Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Your team is amazing - even amid this issue, I received detailed replies to tickets. Awesome communications - major plus on that point alone. Thanks!
    That's why support and the rest are separate, so that one failing won't impede the other. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Uplink for playing the game is still dead(?)

Reaction score
    Confirmed, I can login to the forums, but uplink is broken so I can't 'login' from the client, and as a security measure I tried to reset my password, but after I submit the 'new' password, I'm greeted with an error on the website.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Confirmed, I can login to the forums, but uplink is broken so I can't 'login' from the client, and as a security measure I tried to reset my password, but after I submit the 'new' password, I'm greeted with an error on the website.
    Thats most likely:
    T1222 - Changing password on Registry gives "New password cannot be blank!" no matter what.

Yes, currently the uplink system still refuses to accept the uplink credentials.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Thanks for doing all of your hard work!! Hope you get it fixed soon!! :D
    Wish you an awesome good rest after all that!! ;)
    Loving you game to the max! Smooth, easy to work with, and getting better all the time^^
    Keep it up!

Reaction score
    password is incorrect message for 99.9% of players for servers at the moment and cannot reset password on registry, getting password field must not be blank message. Only thing we can log into is forums.
    Going on 24hours now.........

Hope it is fixed soon. might be an idea to use the news page for info like this. As that way people can see it when they are unable to access the forums, would take all of 2 seconds to post such stuff there.

Reactions: Washborn
    Reaction score
    There is no need to be rude, its been one day, and as you have read the above posts, they are
    doing the best they can to fix the issues, i'm sure once its completely fixed and running,
    they will be sure to let us know, there is no need to get hostile, no need to be rude, or anything of that sort.

Patience....is what we could us, and in good supply too, come to my shop......aww crap

Jk love u guys....

Reactions: Phyrax and Janndog

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol meanwhile I'm planning server domination using a miner carrier and a fleet of miner drones. :)

Reaction score
    a rough ETA would be good or should we just keep checking the website every 5 minutes for an update?

Reaction score
    After 24 hours I don't think it's being rude to ask for some kind of status beyond 'we fixed it (except not really)'

Reaction score
    Is it about that time where we should all start making crazy assumptions about the situation and causes due to zero news and feedback from any of the devs? That's how gaming works right?

I am going to go with someone trying to fix something that was not a major issue and they forgot to make a backup to roll back to when things went to hell and they now have no idea of how to fix it. ;)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with everyone on here when it comes to putting up a (very rough) ETA...