StarMade account system issues (Citizen's Registry)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I've been taking advantage of the outage to spend some quality time in creative mode working on ships and modules. When multiplayer comes back on line I'll have some shiny new toys and upgrades! :cool:

I'm hoping it wasn't a hack. Login/account system is the kind of thing that would be a likely target.

I'm also hoping that fixing the issue doesn't involve resetting the game-side accounts, but part of the delay could well be something like looking for ways to fix a corrupted process without wiping it clean. If it happens it happens, I suppose - if our identity system is broken that seems like a likely potential complication. Would pretty much necessitate a reset of all multiplayer worlds, wouldn't it?

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The game uplink service should now be fully functional. We have currently run into an issue with forum authentication, we hope to fix that within the next 30 minutes.
    It seems like the forum login is broken again.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    We believe to have resolved both the game uplink and forum authentication issues. All Citizen's Registry functionality should now be functional.

We have a lot of cleanup left to do to ensure an issue like this does not occur again. This will be our highest priority over the next few weeks.

Reaction score
    Wanted to say, thanks for the awesome work guys, really appreciate it, I'm able to get my SM fix in this weekend :)

Reaction score
    Awesome Work!!! All seems to be working fine now, hadto reset my password, but then all went fluid! :D Yay!! Back to building starbases!! ;)
    Hey, thanks for all the hard work again! We're relieved to see you fix such a gravitating issue!! :D
    Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thumbs up for forum authentication, as a single player I wouldn't know about anything else. :D

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Yes - good job guys - thanks for getting things up and flying again > and look forward to what you can bring to this great game in future,
    TY:)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    What is a simplified explanation of what sort of happened? (curiosity asking)

Power outage at the server storage building or other physical trouble with hardware?
    Integer Stack Overflow of the Quantum Plex Capacitors? (software troubles)

Actually yeah, that's a good simplified question. Was it a Software or Hardware issue that caused it, and would it be a easy fix now that you solved the problem to prevent it from flaring up again? Or the inverse?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Actually yeah, that's a good simplified question. Was it a Software or Hardware issue that caused it, and would it be a easy fix now that you solved the problem to prevent it from flaring up again? Or the inverse?
    It was a software issue(s). The particular issues can not happen again. After we had got all services online, we started to map out the website and servers for reconfiguration. This is what we'll be doing for the next few weeks to make it easier for our web team and any new members to understand. This reconfiguration will hopefully prevent long downtimes like this occurring again.

We are currently down one member in the web team, and calani is a new addition. This was a significant factor in the time it took us to resolve the situation, without calani, we may still have been facing these issues. schema had been working since the issue arose to fix it, despite not being involved in the web projects. They have both worked incredibly hard over the past 2 days to resolve the situation. We have been evaluating the situation since the downtime occurred, and the re-organisation of our web services is our plan to prevent situations like this occurring again.

Last edited:
    Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    Thanks and congrats on getting it fixed :)

And yes many of us understand the complexities of this stuff as many of us do this kind of stuff for a living, alas many do not and get impatient and it is not just devs that get bugged about it by people but also those running and managing servers. I am sorry if I seemed to be being harsh, I wasn't, and it was not my intent. (the joys of context and textual communication)

I just think when an online game like this experiences major issues like this it doesn't hurt to keep people informed even if there is nothing new to report, just an occasional update here and there. It is amazing how much a simple 'we're still working on it people thanks for your patience.' every so often can calm and reassure people, especially when the problem extends over 2 days.

Might be an idea also to consider what I said about your main site news page. Possibly the best place to post news about these kinds of things when their is no forum access instead of waiting until there is forum access and then making a post. 90% of people who own this or any game rarely go beyond the front page. It's your best tool for communicating with the majority of your consumers and news on the matter could of been posted sooner.

Anyways again thanks for giving up your weekend and getting it fixed those who did so. Fingers crossed these gremlins do not strike again ;)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I just think when an online game like this experiences major issues like this it doesn't hurt to keep people informed even if there is nothing new to report, just an occasional update here and there. It is amazing how much a simple 'we're still working on it people thanks for your patience.' every so often can calm and reassure people, especially when the problem extends over 2 days.
    We apologise for this, the gaps between communication are during the night period. We try to keep everyone updated and usually succeed in doing so. Unfortunately, communication can sometimes be forgotten when people have been awake for over 30 hours. We will keep that in mind if another situation occurs.

Might be an idea also to consider what I said about your main site news page. Possibly the best place to post news about these kinds of things when their is no forum access instead of waiting until there is forum access and then making a post. 90% of people who own this or any game rarely go beyond the front page. It's your best tool for communicating with the majority of your consumers and news on the matter could of been posted sooner.
    We did not wait until we had forum access. Site staff can authenticate into the forum separately from the Citizen's Registry, we posted the issue as soon as we were notified. We have taken your input and decided it would be best to implement a downtime notice on both the website and launcher, separate from site news.

Thanks for voicing your concerns, we have taken them onboard.

Reactions: RabidBat
    Reaction score
    Thanks for replying Duke. :)

Also I meant about users/gamers not being able to access forums, if we cannot see the forums we cannot read the forums. But I very much appreciate you addressing my concerns. ;)

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    *Angels choir gracefully descends from the heavens*
    Woo nice works guys :)

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If this thing will happen more times,it will damage renown of Starmade...

Glad you fixed it :schema: