StarMade account system issues (Citizen's Registry)

Reaction score
    Depends if it's a one-man team or not, if it's ONLY one guy looking into the issue, especially if it's an issue he/she lacks knowledge of, giving an eta would be pointless if the 'estimate' would only be skipped later.

As a developer myself ( though not games ) - I would, at bare minimum give status updates to the progress however. In fact, that's required for my job, but again, I don't dev games, only websites. Something as simple as a 'it was X but we ran into Y and hoping to resolve it soon' would be great, but overall silence is absolutely not the way to go.

Honestly I've been watching the site all day in hopes it would be fixed, but lack of updates, has me, and other players completely frustrated. Regardless, it's a great game, and this is ONE day out of MANY that we have to play it, so... at this point it's best to just give it a few days ( considering update frequency ) and HOPEFULLY it's fixed soon.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    We are looking into the problem,
    we are also aware of the fact its not yet working correctly.

We can not yet give an estimate when its working again.

- Andy

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Agreed, would be a huge load off
    Ahh ty for that Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    As frustrating it is for us players, I can imagine it is even more so for the developers. Instead of working on new features or bug fixes they are having to devote time to fixing the core system that holds the game together.

I hope the issue is resolved quickly and procedures are put into place to try and prevent this from happening again.

Hopefully it will be up and running fully soon and we can get on with our SM lives again.

Reaction score
    Most people outside software business think like this: "An average worker with a shovel can dig a 10m ditch for an hour. So 10 workers with 10 shovels must be able to dig a half mile ditch for a workday. In software should be the same."

Well it's not. 15 minutes and 3 lines of code may make your entire week useful or useless. Players, please be patient. Thank you devs!

Reaction score
    So true - spent 4 hours today refactoring about 400 lines of code, when in retrospect, it could've taken just 15m if I KNEW more about the problem. So true!

Anyhow, thanks for the update, and hoping to play tomorrow! GL peeps

Most people outside software business think like this: "An average worker with a shovel can dig a 10m ditch for an hour. So 10 workers with 10 shovels must be able to dig a half mile ditch for a workday. In software should be the same."

Well it's not. 15 minutes and 3 lines of code may make your entire week useful or useless. Players, please be patient. Thank you devs!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    can i just say...

I want this to be fixed TODAY, but alltho there are problems i still love this game to bits.

Reaction score
    I'm sort of with Phyrax on this one since there wasn't much info. I hope that it gets working again so we can go on blowing up planets. Thanks for the response though Andy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    We are looking into the problem,
    we are also aware of the fact its not yet working correctly.

We can not yet give an estimate when its working again.

- Andy
    Lots servers have shut down (Not Perm) since people can log in as others. Grieving has occurred on many servers and I hope you can resolve this issue,

Take your time. Don't rush it, We can maybe prevent this happening again :)

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The grieving is the biggest issue at the moment, thankfully the servers I play on opted to go for a temp screw around server instead of unlisting, had my share of people snooping around on my profile myself.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    UPDATED

Greetings,

Around 10 AM CET yesterday, our account system the "Citizen Registry" went down. Since then, we have been working to restore functionality and connectivity to our services. calani and schema have been working around the clock to restore our online services as fast as possible.

We have managed to restore the web end of the Citizen Registry. Unfortunately, we're still facing problems with our game uplink service.

We understand that this has caused a lot of frustration amongst our players. No one is more frustrated by this situation than us.

We're working as fast and as efficiently as we can with the resources available. Our new web team member calani has been a huge help. Due to the nature of the situation and issue, we are unable to give an ETA. We will update everyone as soon as we have more details to share.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the downtime.

Thanks for bearing with us during this time!

- The Schine Team
    I have just added some more details to this post. We are still working on restoring game uplinks.

a rough ETA would be good or should we just keep checking the website every 5 minutes for an update?
    Truthfully, we do not know. We aim to have all services restored in the next 12 hours.

I am going to go with someone trying to fix something that was not a major issue and they forgot to make a backup to roll back to when things went to hell and they now have no idea of how to fix it. ;)
    No, this is not the case.

but overall silence is absolutely not the way to go.

Honestly I've been watching the site all day in hopes it would be fixed, but lack of updates, has me, and other players completely frustrated. Regardless, it's a great game, and this is ONE day out of MANY that we have to play it, so... at this point it's best to just give it a few days ( considering update frequency ) and HOPEFULLY it's fixed soon.
    This was not our intention; we apologise for our lack of communication over the past few hours.

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    Thanks Duke. All it takes is the occasional update to keep the crowd happy. Even if no new news, it's better than hours and hours of nothing. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Is this why i can't log to my account to play ? Or t's not related and i'm simply too dumb to remember my account details ? When i try to change it, error : new password cannot be blank. But it's not blank.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Is this why i can't log to my account to play ? Or t's not related and i'm simply too dumb to remember my account details ? When i try to change it, error : new password cannot be blank. But it's not blank.
    Thats most likely:
    T1222 - Changing password on Registry gives "New password cannot be blank!" no matter what.

Yes, currently the uplink system still refuses to accept the uplink credentials.

- Andy
    If you can login on the registry.star-made.org page directly, its all fine, and not on your end.

- Andy

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    For someone troubleshooting a problem within a complex system the idea of 'ETA' is irrelevant. I have spent 25 years doing repairs in the electronics industry and most repairs go like this. Spend 95% of your time hunting for the CAUSE of the problem then 5% fixing it.

This is obviously a problem within a complex system even if the fault is pretty simple. Lets respect the abilities of our very competent Dev-team to deal with this properly. In the meantime, I have been getting a lot of vacuuming done around the house. o_O

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Given the number of times in the past that I've had games that I was paying $15 a month for that went down for 1-3 days (or longer .. I'm looking at you SWTOR), a day or two of downtime for a free game is, while frustrating for hardcore players, not truly armageddon level issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was trying to use steam to register, and it suddenly worked, once, and then it didn't work again. Good luck getting this fixed Schine Team :)

Reaction score
    I think the community understand completely! And we are here to help if we can be of assistance... maybe you won't be surprised that many of us are software developers, if we can help, let us know! Starmade is an awesome game and we're behind you all the way.