StarMade 0.17 Warp Gates, Jump Drives, and a lot more

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Started studying for a AP calc test, realized the FTL update was out, laughed, played StarMade :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Eh, there was always a little Pipboy inspiration in its design. ;) But this Pipboy is designed to do a lot more and manipulate the world directly. So a few Pipboy features, but a lot of things a Pipboy could only dream of doing. (And it connects to your nervous system for faster response and better control.)

It'd have to be a GUI that can switch function in a split second, without being too confusing for someone new either.
    I would make each function need a crystal capsule to operate the function

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm having problems with changing the installation path. I copied the starmade folder from downloads to my C drive but the new launcher can't recognize a valid installation in my specified folder. I have already set the installation folder in the settings to the specified folder already.. Clicking update and install only makes it download until 99% then it stops.

Can't wait to try out FTL though. Good job with the bug fixes too!

Reaction score
    They get better each time. Good to see a new update with bug fixes.

Can anyone tell me what is next up on the agenda? Possibly tweaks to the universe or something? Maybe chairs?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Crafting balancing. Capital ship systems. Hyperdrive. Creatures. Hacking. Universe changes.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Why I so much want this ai fleet thing...

I build lots of fighters, but they are crap in battle on multiplayer, but now... hehe i will have a SQUAD OF PHANTOMS!!!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    about the warpgates... is possible that gate send ships only one direction? we tested on our server and we can't connect gates on opposit way. work only one way. and rewrite the imput/output gate don't work...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    For a two way gate you need to link the gates twice: once with the one saved gate, another time with the gate you just linked saved (they need to be saved with the right click, connected with left click).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    For a two way gate you need to link the gates twice: once with the one saved gate, another time with the gate you just linked saved (they need to be saved with the right click, connected with left click).
    and do you tested it? We do. And don't work it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    can I somewhere see the new block ids?
    StarMade\data\config\BlockTypes.properties there are all IDs.
    the new ids are:
    WARP_GATE_CONTROLLER = 542
    WARP_GATE_MODULE = 543
    JUMP_DRIVE_CONTROLLER = 544
    JUMP_DRIVE_MODULE = 545

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Where the fuck is the cubeatoming?
    Why is it gone and ahhh bring it back please.
    Maybe in sort of a Block in Factory Section, but bring it back in the game

Reactions: Crimson-Artist
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nope. It was a really overpowered crafting system (you could use dirt to make faction blocks). Trust me, the new crafting system is a lot better.

And I didn't test the gates yet. I'm going to today (last night was too late).

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It'd have to be a GUI that can switch function in a split second, without being too confusing for someone new either.
    What about holding a key while having a tool selected in the hotbar, it would then show a list of functions above the tool, press a number corresponding to the function you want and the function is changed, would be very quick and easy to use :)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    What about holding a key while having a tool selected in the hotbar, it would then show a list of functions above the tool, press a number corresponding to the function you want and the function is changed, would be very quick and easy to use :)
    I like the hotkey method. Maybe having it keybind-able so I can rebind the function key to alt and the selection to the mouse scroll wheel so I can just alt-scroll through tools/block shapes.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really want the blueprint system to not be cheaty but fun at the same time :(

Reaction score
    having an issue with my factories none seem to produce tried turning them active they dont produce nothing nor try draining power i setup a new factory system an still nothin not even my capsule refinery works. my inventory version still works though am i missing something, also spotted im getting a server error "arrayindexoutofboundsexception" im guessing its related to my factory issue

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    and do you tested it? We do. And don't work it.
    Indeed, I've tried to link 2 gates with each other (from point A to B, then from B to A) and seems like it doesn't want to cooperate with me. What i mean is, that you can link them just in 1-way, and you'll have to destroy them to reconnect them.
    Or maybe I'm just retarded, dunno.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Thank you so much!!!

For those wondering: the graphics improvement is for real. My computer doesn't die while looking at my titan now. Although I admit that when I quickly turn around the side chunks will load really fast but that's way more tolerable than 3 frames per second.

I have yet to try out the other changes. I also read the bug fixes, I'm really glad to see all those crucial bugs fixed.

Keep up the great work!
    Yes, the new fps boost help alot! Thx @schema my fps went from 30 to 80 :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1410367228,1410367121][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Indeed, I've tried to link 2 gates with each other (from point A to B, then from B to A) and seems like it doesn't want to cooperate with me. What i mean is, that you can link them just in 1-way, and you'll have to destroy them to reconnect them.
    Or maybe I'm just retarded, dunno.
    You must hold right-click on one gate first then left-click on the other, mouse button must be help for at least 5 secs or so before it links it. Hope this helps :D