StarMade 0.17 Warp Gates, Jump Drives, and a lot more

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have found a possible bug (definite more like, but I haven't got any logs yet). I can't charge my jump module after ten seconds when I leave it selected, I can't charge it at all in fact. But if I deselect it and select t again, I can charge it straight away.

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi!
    I love this update but I have a problem, I can't find the configuration to increase the maximum sectors that you can travel using the warp drive.

If anyone could tell me what the config is called that would be great

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Me? I'm quite sad about this update. Unless we HAVE TO BUILD A BEACON FIRST. And then SPIN THE FTL DRIVE FOR AGES and then, GO THROUGH HYPERSPACE. Yes, THAT SOUNDS GOOD. BetTER.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Hi!
    I love this update but I have a problem, I can't find the configuration to increase the maximum sectors that you can travel using the warp drive.

If anyone could tell me what the config is called that would be great
    Its in StarMade/data/config/BlockBehaviorConfig or something like that. Don't know for sure as I'm away from my main pc, so correct me if I'm wrong...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Me? I'm quite sad about this update. Unless we HAVE TO BUILD A BEACON FIRST. And then SPIN THE FTL DRIVE FOR AGES and then, GO THROUGH HYPERSPACE. Yes, THAT SOUNDS GOOD. BetTER.
    Bloody hell, cool down with the caps.

...Anyway, yeah, I agree with the moving-through-hyperspace thing (Would be lot cooler than just clicking a button and teleporting, which is boring.) but for alpha, this is a pretty neat implementation. Basic, but effective. When all base mechanics are in, Schema can start refining stuff and making it really cool.

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

...Anyway, yeah, I agree with the moving-through-hyperspace thing (Would be lot cooler than just clicking a button and teleporting, which is boring.) but for alpha, this is a pretty neat implementation. Basic, but effective. When all base mechanics are in, Schema can start refining stuff and making it really cool.
    'twas most a joke. LIKE THIS. I raise my voice SOMETIMES in a post LIKE THAT. It's actually at specific intervals but whatever.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

As Schema has said, even the coolest animation/feature gets boring if you do it constantly. This is what would happen with a long "moving-through-hyperspace" thing.

Anyway, we don't currently HAVE hyperspace. We have Jump Drives and Warp Gates, the point of which are to instantly put you at your destination.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    As Schema has said, even the coolest animation/feature gets boring if you do it constantly. This is what would happen with a long "moving-through-hyperspace" thing.

Anyway, we don't currently HAVE hyperspace. We have Jump Drives and Warp Gates, the point of which are to instantly put you at your destination.
    We don't need it to be super-ultimately-cool... Just neat-looking and not too annoyingly flashy. A somewhat water-like blue wavy animation might work.

Reaction score
    We don't need it to be super-ultimately-cool... Just neat-looking and not too annoyingly flashy. A somewhat water-like blue wavy animation might work.
    A nice take on hyperspace is the way EvE online managed Warping; spool up, speed up, then jump into a blueish murky tunnel and decelerate at the location.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I'm wondering, since my game was corrupted, where could I find a download link for the new launcher? Also, please pay attention to the issues of game corruption and report any incidents of that happening to Schema. Have a nice day!

*Edited by MrFURB for clarity*

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    By the normal download page, where you should have gotten your previous launcher (v.09). But:
    • Please don't spell 'thing' as 'fing', and don't swear, please.
    • @schema , don't even think of taking him serious. Your game is brilliant, keep up the good work.
    • Nobody has the right to come at someone the way you did. You should be ashamed of yourself. Cool down before you reply.
    You were so busy swearing at schema, that your actual point didn't come through. What exactly was the problem that resulted in you not being able to download the game? (If you already tried the download page)

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So why does jump drive have the aesthetic appearance of warp drive? That makes no sense to me.
    It's not worth having some warp tunnel effect when it only and always lasts for a split-second.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    share pLZ

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/star-trek-reboot-warp-effect.1339/[DOUBLEPOST=1410640497,1410639654][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So why does jump drive have the aesthetic appearance of warp drive? That makes no sense to me.
    It's not worth having some warp tunnel effect when it only and always lasts for a split-second.
    So that it feels like you have actually traveled rather some distance rather than just *poof* everything is different.