StarMade 0.17 Warp Gates, Jump Drives, and a lot more

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hrm, did that, just more square. The main computer thingy kept saying: "Invalid warpgate build! Must be on 2D loop!" Didn't have any other blocks...

Maybe I should build it again.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm guessing the ship has to pass through the gate? Sorry for asking i can't test it i'm currently using my phone.
    yeah, it has to go through. and it has to be connected to another operational warpgate with the marker beam[DOUBLEPOST=1410298600,1410298545][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hrm, did that, just more square. The main computer thingy kept saying: "Invalid warpgate build! Must be on 2D loop!" Didn't have any other blocks...
    Every connected block MUST touch exactly 2 other connected blocks[DOUBLEPOST=1410298683][/DOUBLEPOST]also please check if every block is connected to the warp gate computer

Reactions: Equilibrium21

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Never mind, I found out why. My computer was in the "loop" causing it to be incomplete xD Sorry for any pain caused.

Reaction score
    Can someone please tell me where I go to download the new launcher?! I keep getting a pop up message saying I have to go to the site to do it, and that the update isn't available on the current launcher.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Thank you so much!!!

For those wondering: the graphics improvement is for real. My computer doesn't die while looking at my titan now. Although I admit that when I quickly turn around the side chunks will load really fast but that's way more tolerable than 3 frames per second.

I have yet to try out the other changes. I also read the bug fixes, I'm really glad to see all those crucial bugs fixed.

Keep up the great work!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    @schema the crash when changing the draw distance is back.... Seems like you removed the thing where it would finish loading in the old chunks before changing the settings?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the old launcher will be the last one that requires this tedious manual update. the new version has a selfupdater[DOUBLEPOST=1410299252,1410299198][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @schema the crash when changing the draw distance is back.... Seems like you removed the thing where it would finish loading in the old chunks before changing the settings?
    oh hmm, yeah, oclusion culling has changed the rendering pipeline a bit, so there might be issues. better to change max segments drawn out of game

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    the old launcher will be the last one that requires this tedious manual update. the new version has a selfupdater[DOUBLEPOST=1410299252,1410299198][/DOUBLEPOST]
    oh hmm, yeah, oclusion culling has changed the rendering pipeline a bit, so there might be issues. better to change max segments drawn out of game
    That's also what I thought, you may want to look into it once you get some time (it's fairly low priority). But thanks for the quick reply!

Edit: I'll see if simply turning off culling, changing the draw distance and turning culling back on works.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That's also what I thought, you may want to look into it once you get some time (it's fairly low priority). But thanks for the quick reply!

Edit: I'll see if simply turning off culling, changing the draw distance and turning culling back on works.
    will do :)

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Does the jumpdrive still require the ship to be 10% jump modules?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Would it be possible to add support for homemade VR as opposed to needing the Oculus Rift?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm pretty sure that it was 5% in the last dev build.
    There is a new requirement (in the news), so basically you can have any size you have, but going under the requirement will in the worst case double up charge needed (if you only build one module for example).

So you can basically now have any size on any ship

Reactions: flpsantoss
    Reaction score
    All of this sounds awesome. But what got me hyped where two other things.
    • combined with our now concrete plans for a universe redesign
    • comes in handy with the coming AI fleets, and more.
    Could you elaborate on the plans for the new universe and these AI fleets? Pleaaaassseeeee :D​

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    All of this sounds awesome. But what got me hyped where two other things.
    • combined with our now concrete plans for a universe redesign
    • comes in handy with the coming AI fleets, and more.
    Could you elaborate on the plans for the new universe and these AI fleets? Pleaaaassseeeee :D​
    Not really ^^. basically the marker beam will be used to bind AI ships to you (and even docking blocks they will go on command). The universe redesign is still a secret

Reactions: flpsantoss

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Not really ^^. basically the marker beam will be used to bind AI ships to you (and even docking blocks they will go on command). The universe redesign is still a secret
    I assume that it'll also be used to bind logic from a docked entity to the entity it is docked to? If not, then I think that you should plan it :P