StarMade 0.16 - Crafting and BattleMode

Reaction score
    It's purely illustrative "hey look at how many recipes there are?!". He has already explained how you can generate your own charts by using TAB + O in game.
    Thats all fine and such but some of us would like to see the whole tree laid out and not in game. Personally I like to plan ahead for what I need to accomplish in game. Having a readable chart is the first step for me to craft the items I want and need. So PLEASE give us a chart we can use. Thanks

Reaction score
    I'm not saying huge power drain beam arrays; however, specially designated cruisers and/or fighters with EMP-reinforced weapons would add a little more depth to combat. And the focus of combat shouldn't be on 1v1, but on fleet battles; groups of friends duking it out, working together to create a more entertaining fight than two ships strafing and shooting, which is all combat is at this point: holding down the left mouse button until the shield hit indicator turns red.

Furthermore, I would support it being, say, capped at 95% or so; that would leave room for tactical depth while still preventing ships from being completely invulnerable.

Also, it's not that hard to make weapons that nullify ions. I recently made a ship of around 800 mass that can empty the power reserves of a ship of 50k mass in under 30 seconds, with room for plenty of other systems.

Finally, "You are probably the only person in this community" is a rather harsh way to state your point. You could get it across much better by simply stating why you think Ion Shields being above 50% is a bad things. I can guarantee that I'm not the only one in the community who thinks this way.
    But why does it all have to be balanced in the first place? The world/universe is not equal to everyone. There will always be haves and have nots. There will always be someone bigger, faster, stronger thats just life. So why does this game have to be balanced where everyone is equal. Those who like and can build massive ships should be able to have strong weapons and those who like fighters should be more mobile. Why do they have to be equalized. Wrong direction for game imo.

Reactions: Ithirahad

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Thats all fine and such but some of us would like to see the whole tree laid out and not in game. Personally I like to plan ahead for what I need to accomplish in game. Having a readable chart is the first step for me to craft the items I want and need. So PLEASE give us a chart we can use. Thanks
    I think you may misunderstand.

Pressing TAB+O (once in game), generates the crafting trees for every block, neatly labelled in a folder called RecipeGraphs in your installation folder. Having every crafting tree on the same massive image is incredibly impractical.

But whatever, i've made one anyway. Check in general discussion. I'll upload it to http://starmadedock.net/threads/full-crafting-tree-image-images.2349/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    kupu , pressing TAB+O is currently bugged, it crashes your game. Also, while I'm at it, placing rock gets you the orange crystal ore in the rock which can be mined, you can walk through the micro assembler and dragging the weapons crashes your game.
    One quick question: is it supposed to take so long to produce something when using the personal powersupply beam? Right now it takes almost a minute for one capsule/mesh/circuit/block.

Last edited by a moderator:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    FunnyBunny14 I can use the tab+o command just fine. It will hang for a second or two while it generates the images, but if you get an error message be sure to send a bug report.

Sounds like the micro assembler needs to be made physical, should be a simple fix.
    As far as i'm aware, the power supply beam is a fall back. It prevents players that are marooned with no credits and power gens simply being stuck forever.
    Not sure on the orange crystal bug.

This is the wrong place to be posting such things anyway, much more productive to post this in the game support section and write up a bug report here; http://bugs.star-made.org/

It'll go to the right people. Not the guy that draws pictures :p

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see. I will report the bug(s).

Edit: I can't upload screenshots, it begins doing weird stuff when I try. And I can't show a screenshot of the bug because of the bug :confused:

Reaction score
    I see. I will report the bug(s).

Edit: I can't upload screenshots, it begins doing weird stuff when I try. And I can't show a screenshot of the bug because of the bug :confused:
    Don't use Chrome, the tracker is broken with it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    how now work the microassembler enhancers ? i can't put him on the station...

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    how now work the microassembler enhancers ? i can't put him on the station...
    Seems to be a bug but: Use the regular factory enhancers instead. They work with every type of factory

Reaction score
    *throws hands in the air* the invincibility ion is finally fixed! All hail schema! Now all we gotta do is wait for FTL and the new faction system and this game is perfect ^-^