StarMade 0.16 - Crafting and BattleMode

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Higher res version of the crafting tree would be very greatly appreciated.

Reactions: BlackEyez

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Higher res version of the crafting tree would be very greatly appreciated.
    you can press tab+o ingame to have the generated seperated in /StarMade/recipeGraphs

(also all graphs can be accessed ingame directly on the factories)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Comr4de
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    you can press tab+o ingame to have the generated seperated in /StarMade/recipeGraphs

(also all graphs can be accessed ingame directly on the factories)
    your profile picture fits so well with what you said.

schema: looks at the request and does his *annoyed cat face*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    honestly, I'm annoyed about the capping of ion systems. When it was possible to achieve 100% system efficiency with ion, there was finally a bit of tactical gameplay in Starmade. In order to take down an ion shield, you would need power drain beams. Hence, you would actually build ships for purposes other than mounting a gun bigger than the other guy's. Then there's the matter of fighters. One side may field fighters with ion shields. The ions would protect them from turrets, and they would be too small and agile to be hit by power drain beams on enemy support ships. Hence, there would actually be a reason to field fighters instead of giving everybody a frigate. Then, perhaps, the other side would field fighters in order to combat Side 1's shielded fighters.
    However, with this update to ions capping them at 50% efficiency, there is no longer any reason to give your team anything but the largest ship you can afford. It's once again a case of which gun is bigger deciding everything. Perhaps just halve the efficiency of individual ion blocks, or increase their power consumption so much that a ship wouldn't be able to fire with them on. But for the love of Schema, Calbiri, and the Holy Core, do not take away the little bit of tactical gameplay that the ion shields have brought to Starmade.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sorry it seems the factory blocks for micro and capsules were turned off. I'm uploading a fix for that

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    honestly, I'm annoyed about the capping of ion systems. When it was possible to achieve 100% system efficiency with ion, there was finally a bit of tactical gameplay in Starmade. In order to take down an ion shield, you would need power drain beams. Hence, you would actually build ships for purposes other than mounting a gun bigger than the other guy's. Then there's the matter of fighters. One side may field fighters with ion shields. The ions would protect them from turrets, and they would be too small and agile to be hit by power drain beams on enemy support ships. Hence, there would actually be a reason to field fighters instead of giving everybody a frigate. Then, perhaps, the other side would field fighters in order to combat Side 1's shielded fighters.
    However, with this update to ions capping them at 50% efficiency, there is no longer any reason to give your team anything but the largest ship you can afford. It's once again a case of which gun is bigger deciding everything. Perhaps just halve the efficiency of individual ion blocks, or increase their power consumption so much that a ship wouldn't be able to fire with them on. But for the love of Schema, Calbiri, and the Holy Core, do not take away the little bit of tactical gameplay that the ion shields have brought to Starmade.
    It's currently more an emergency method as in most battles, the ships were pretty much invincible since the ratio was only 10:1. I plan to expose the cap to the config to balance it better

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It's currently more an emergency method as in most battles, the ships were pretty much invincible since the ratio was only 10:1. I plan to expose the cap to the config to balance it better
    Thank you for your reply; I really hope that it's balanced in some other way than a cap, but I appreciate that you're working on various ways to make the game more balanced. After all, I personally find battles to be a lot more fun when there's more depth to them than lasers everywhere. Thank you for your hard work on the game!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    patch, not a hotfix, is required servers side aswell

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    honestly, I'm annoyed about the capping of ion systems. When it was possible to achieve 100% system efficiency with ion, there was finally a bit of tactical gameplay in Starmade.
    You are probably the only person in this community who feels 100% Ion support (invulnerable shields) is a good thing. Putting huge power drain beams arrays (which are kinda crappy for the blockcount, IMO) on every ship to deal with that kind of meta would not be fun. Nothing could ever be destroyed in 1v1.