StarMade 0.16 - Crafting and BattleMode

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This seems like quite the interesting update. I haven't played in god knows how long, but I've been waiting for the new crafting system and all that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    FTL now I can fly from far away outposts to ones closer to 2 2 2 where most of the action happens on servers

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    FTL will also ballance big and small ships a bit because the bigger the ship, the more the mass, the more expensive the jump because and small ships can thus jump more/ their jump will reload faster, scout ships will thus be more usefull

-if the FTL system works like this

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    schema That is honestly one of the worst charts I've ever seen. How are we supposed to understand, or even read that?
    I don't think its supposed to be used for checking what to craft but to show the size of the crafting system. That's why he said "It was not small work:"

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There's a bug where I can't link factory blocks to each other...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think there should be a certain mass that ships have to be over to use FLT by their self. if they are under that mass they need to use a warp gate, dock to a carrier or use some sort of device that attaches to the ship.
    Warp gates should be used for small ships and FTL should be used for large ships.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    pleaaaaase let us place factories on ships!! stations will not be unused since they are invulnerable!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    pleaaaaase let us place factories on ships!! stations will not be unused since they are invulnerable!
    I thought kupu said only certain types could be placed on ships.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This update is awesome. I love the new crafting system, it is very modular. However, scrolling through more than 400 different blocks searching for one block can be a bit annoying after a while (read: immediately). But look on the bright side, the crashes are quite consistent now. Three crashes in half an hour, how nice is that!
    (Being really sarcastic now, seriously, devs, fix those crashes, I had three completely different crashes, and the only thing they all have in common is the new crystal crafting system, each crash occurred when I was playing around with it).

On another note, why has nobody mentioned the new awesome asteroids? I mean, come on, there are at least three new types of asteroids (that I know of) and they are blue, green, orange, and they all look amazing. +1 to that worthy edition to star-made (that wasn't even mentioned in the news)!

Edit: An easy solution to the scrolling thing above, just add a simple search bar, that really would be welcome (or something similar, like the shop layout with the sorting by category).

Reaction score
    So we have all these blocks can we have chairs soon or something to let my fellow sphes mehrins sit down please?

Also, I hope this doesn't need too much work, so far the build is pretty polished. However, as any programmer knows:

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    This update is awesome. I love the new crafting system, it is very modular. However, scrolling through more than 400 different blocks searching for one block can be a bit annoying after a while (read: immediately). But look on the bright side, the crashes are quite consistent now. Three crashes in half an hour, how nice is that!
    (Being really sarcastic now, seriously, devs, fix those crashes, I had three completely different crashes, and the only thing they all have in common is the new crystal crafting system, each crash occurred when I was playing around with it).

On another note, why has nobody mentioned the new awesome asteroids? I mean, come on, there are at least three new types of asteroids (that I know of) and they are blue, green, orange, and they all look amazing. +1 to that worthy edition to star-made (that wasn't even mentioned in the news)!

Edit: An easy solution to the scrolling thing above, just add a simple search bar, that really would be welcome (or something similar, like the shop layout with the sorting by category).
    There is already a search function for it. Just type something in the dropdown filter and it will filter the dropdown menu for those blocks.
    Same for the "pick remove filter".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is already a search function for it. Just type something in the dropdown filter and it will filter the dropdown menu for those blocks.
    Same for the "pick remove filter".
    Thank you!
    ToyotaSupra : Really funny pic! But I'm afraid they aren't little bugs, they crash my game whenever I actually get somewhere. It's not even annoying anymore, it's impossible to play the game.

Edit: (For more than 20 minutes at a time without having to restart it because of a crash).

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I'm getting hit with a pretty nasty bug:

I admined-up some of those new hand weapons (Heal beam and Power beam), tested them out a little, then went to put them away with the other meta items (I'm not carrying them with Me so I have more room for building materials for the station I'm working on). With plex storage open, if I try to click n' drag any weapon, (Laser, Heal, Power) the game locks up hard. I have no choice but to Ctrl-Alt-Del out, at which point I can see a critical error window with the following: NullPointerException: null.

This will not happen if I want to move said items from/to hotbar to personal inventory, only when a plex storage system is open.

I sent off a bug report with the crash logs, but I'm curious if anyone else is getting this.
    Thanks you for the feedback about this issue. Consider using the bugtracker (http://bugs.star-made.org/) so us testers can check it out and put it in queue. I'll report this one myself after testing it out.

PS: You do need to make an account to report stuff but that should only take a minute.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If i remember correctly schema said in one of the Q&As that after the crafting system was implemented he was going to focus on FTL
    Entering hyperspace in 3... 2... 1... Crap, need more power blocks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thought they said there wouldn't be a hyperspace because it would be boring to travel long in nothingness?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Improbability drive! Bypass all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace.

Reactions: MrFURB
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Has anyone checked if the planets display properly in the map now? It used to look like there were a bunch of them in one spot, has that changed? I got annoyed after my game crashed for the six time (the 4th, 5th and 6th both happened 3 minutes after i had restarted my game), and I refuse to play it now till they fix those crashes. So I really would appreciate it if someone told the the current status on that.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As before, factories can be linked together. Linking a factory to another has the effect, that the factory can move elements out of all other factories that are connected into its own inventory and proceed to use them for production. This means, you can basically rebuild a crafting tree with the necessary factories linked together to be able to create anything from just resources and rock.
    I can't connect any type of factory except to the corresponding enchancer :(