StarMade 0.16 - Crafting and BattleMode

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really? It should be possible to do it even without a build block. (Default = press C on the factory for connect mode, at least that's what it says.) I would like a better tutorial on this new crafting system though, I have absolutely no idea what to do with the factory/refinery/(something?) and their enhancers. Don't get mad if I'm wrong, though, read my posts above and you'll understand why (I didn't try anything because of all the crashes that occur when trying it out).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I can't connect any type of factory except to the corresponding enchancer :(
    Yeah... I'm getting the same issue. Manual transfers are annoying. At least I won't make any mistakes involving routing too many materials to the wrong process...

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Crashed when examining my existing factory for the first time, just trying to see what the new controls are. And I keep spawning in "down and behind" from where I was when saved--in other terms, under (and outside) the deck of my station.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don't you read the news? The crash after you open you personal inventory after accessing the new macro, micro and refinery. It solved most of the crashes. However, you still can't drag anything in an inventory without the game crashing.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Also... ugh, why was armor hardening capped at 50%? 90-ish% is fine AFAIC...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Crashed when examining my existing factory for the first time, just trying to see what the new controls are. And I keep spawning in "down and behind" from where I was when saved--in other terms, under (and outside) the deck of my station.
    Fascinating. Not only is this the same thing that happened to Me with the plex storage bug I reported back on page 3, but during My bug, I also spawn "Down and behind" whatever location I was in when the crash happened. I just didn't think to mention it.
    Interesting bit of info.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I'd like to suggest having a minimum time period between updates. Its rather inconvenient to get a cluster of 3 updates in a row, a few hours apart. Maybe something like a week?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'd like to suggest having a minimum time period between updates. Its rather inconvenient to get a cluster of 3 updates in a row, a few hours apart. Maybe something like a week?
    I understand what you mean, but... Don't complain about speedy hotfixes. I'd rather have to deal with too many updates than too many bugs. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Fascinating. Not only is this the same thing that happened to Me with the plex storage bug I reported back on page 3, but during My bug, I also spawn "Down and behind" whatever location I was in when the crash happened. I just didn't think to mention it.
    Interesting bit of info.
    How true... But it isn't only when the game crashes. I was in a house in a city, I stopped, saved and exited normally. I spawn in again, and suddenly i have to make a 2x1 hole in the house to get back in...
    Have you also noticed that dragging items in an inventory screen causes the game to crash in most cases?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    with this crafting update people can start on planets then try to escape it.

Reaction score
    Is it just me or is every player on here (excluding a few of you) a bunch of freeking whinging spoilt brats! All I read is whine whine whine, tiny but of encouragement but then 'i want it my Way' ...'no I want it my way' for goodness sakes you bunch of ungrateful (for want of a better word- and I had a choice of many) people....grow up and simply report bugs (without whining) and keep the positive vibes going here the man and his crew have enough challenges ahead with out catering to a bunch if selfish babies! (heavy angry breathing starting to subside) ... Having said that love the game guys I'm sure you've got all the bases covered and I can't wait to see what you lads come up with next your all freaking legends in my book!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have but one word for you: what. What, what and what. What are you talking about? How is saying that this update came with some major gamebreaking bugs whining? Before the hotfix I couldn't so anything with the new crafting without fearing the game might crash, and now I still can't drag anything. Once again: what?

Edit:
    On the subject of the new caps: the ion and punch through defensive effect caps are just temporary and will be changed (soon?).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    forlorn:

Dude, cool down. We're not whining, We've all come to the public forum for the update to compare problems We're having. Why? Because if, as an example, I'm having a problem, I'll want to know if others are having the same problem. If others are experiencing the same problem, then We can exchange what We know about the problem and help the dev team, or at least rule out a problem on our own systems. If no one else is having the problem, just Me, then it's a problem on My end that I need to sort out, and not trouble the dev / bug testers about.

This isn't whining. I should know, as I'm one of the resident grumps, and I have whined, ranted, foamed-at-the-mouth, TL;DR/'d and so fourth on these forums before.
    (insert whining meme here)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: 0ldSkull
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    And I like to think that all of us reporting the same bugs a lot helped the recent hotfix being released so soon.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How true... But it isn't only when the game crashes. I was in a house in a city, I stopped, saved and exited normally. I spawn in again, and suddenly i have to make a 2x1 hole in the house to get back in...
    After a bit of experimentation I've noticed that spawning also shifts to "the right" (when facing the same direction as docked ships). So if I turn off gravity and move toward the upper-left area of my hangar before saving, I can spawn inside the hangar.

It is shifting by several blocks, making me suspect that it is somehow related to the core i.e. "center" of a ship having coordinates 8,8,8. Perhaps a compensation of player coordinates during saving was added or removed incorrectly, causing a shift of 8 blocks on each axis.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Interesting theory... Sounds easy to fix if it is true, lets hope it is and that it gets fixed soon. It is more of an annoyance than a game breaker, so I understand if it comes later (but it will be a game breaker if you spawn outside in the middle of a pirate wave...).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    you can press tab+o ingame to have the generated seperated in /StarMade/recipeGraphs

(also all graphs can be accessed ingame directly on the factories)
    "tab+o" produces a critical error "GL Exception: GL_INVALID_OPERATION" for me. SM v0.161 x64

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Holy crap... Green circuit blocks!?! Vakna's gonna have a field day with these things when he/she comes back... o_O

_________________________You will use these blocks. Resistance is futile._______________________
    Sweet mother of brb quitting job so I can play Starmade..