Starlaunch - WIP launcher replacement [Now released on Windows, Mac and Linux]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Ah, a java version, perfect! Windows is just too mainstream for me not my thing really, great to have an all-OS version.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The .NET version for windows will be released. It is taking awhile because of college and a bug that I can't work out how to squish because VS is saying the wrong line is causing it :/. The .NET version is probably going to have more features and look better. Megacrafter127 s version is to provide the same basic functionality to the other OS's. College is over in about a month, so I will be able to work on this much more then, because people keep saying real life comes over games, which is complete BS, but oh well :P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Another StarLaunch Java testbuild.
    Changelog:
    • added custom names for builds
    • removed backup function(who needs it, when there is a clone function?)
    • removed discriptions(who needs them anyway, if one can give instances custom names?)
    • removed background image(it came with the description and left with it; and it annoyed me)
    • fixed not updating list of instances(this is a workaround solution[since I couldn't get the normal methods to work for me the way I wanted], so the window can flash on slower computers)
    • fixed not wide enough window glitch, when no instances are installed
    Still to come:
    • memory settings
    Download: This is still considered a testbuild, although the filename suggests different. I changed the filename to this, because all known bugs have been removed.
    StarLaunch2.jar

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    A new build with new functions:
    • finally added pre- and devbuild installing functions
    • increased standard maximum RAM designated for starmade to 2GB
    Still working on custom mem settings.
    Download: This might be the last testbuild.
    StarLaunch3.jar
    yes, I am aware of the filename inconsistencies.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I removed the OS-barrier, since rimmer hasn't implemented pre and devbuild downloading yet.
    The download link hasn't changed, since I overrode the file.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    HAVE A TESTBUILD!

It has some features turned off because they are incomplete. Here is a list of things that work
    • Creation of installations
    • Updating multiple installations
    • Automatically downloading the latest version allowing you to update instantly as soon as you are ready
    • Sets the background to a random screenshot from the installation that you selected
    • Shows the news feed
    things that have been turned off
    • Blueprint management
    • Skins
    You have to run an installer to install starlaunch. This is to ensure that you have agreed to the starmade EULA (at schemas request), the file structure correct, and you get the latest version :)

Download here
    Requires .NET 4.5

Windows Vista or better (no linux jokes :p)
    Once installed, it will automatically download the latest version of star-made. Please wait until this is completed before creating an installation. To add an existing installation, add the starmade folder to the dir at C:\starmade\starlaunch\installs and rename the folder to the desired name of the installation. This will be automated in the next release, forgot to do it for this one :/

Have fun, and post bugs you find here :)

Last edited:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Forgot to say
    Thanks to Crusade for making this possible with ideas and sexy buttons, and making me actually want to do this
    Thanks to Megacrafter127 for the Java version
    Thanks to Deadlis for ideas that didnt get included in this version

Have fun :)

Reactions: Crusade
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    News regarding the java version:
    • All download links to previous testbuilds have been jammed by me
    • It will not launch on windows anymore
    • In order to check if the user has agreed to the license Starmade is licensed on, it checks if a version of Starmade is installed using the official launcher. ( schema if this is not an acceptable way of determining if a user has agreed, please tell me about it. If you have questions about it, just ask.)
    • Update/downgrade function added
    New download:
    StarLaunch.jar

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Deadlis I don't think he meant it in a bad way.... what he was trying to say is you have great ideas but, they just were too late to be implemented into this build... I'm quite sure they would be added into the next update...
    Short fuse ehh?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Deadlis I don't think he meant it in a bad way.... what he was trying to say is you have great ideas but, they just were too late to be implemented into this build... I'm quite sure they would be added into the next update...
    Short fuse ehh?
    We was talking as he posted that, infact the image is in my imgur account, he mean't no harm, it was simply a joke :)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Short fuse ehh?

Reactions: ghettodexter
    Reaction score
    this should be included in the actual game :D! its so very useful :D! and is how the starmade launcher should be :).

therimmer96

Reaction score
    this should be included in the actual game :D! its so very useful :D! and is how the starmade launcher should be :).

Working on the menu for adding blueprints to multiple installations right now, and the automated addition of existing starmade installation. expect an update soon (make sure to hold on to the installer, thats the temp updater at the moment) :)

Reaction score

Working on the menu for adding blueprints to multiple installations right now, and the automated addition of existing starmade installation. expect an update soon (make sure to hold on to the installer, thats the temp updater at the moment) :)
    ok thanks :).

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Update should be coming soon with the first bit of cross installation blueprint management, automated addition of existing installations, and a built in updater(maybe). Just waiting for Crusade to texture some new buttons, and I can push the release :)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I have updated the java version. Those who already downloaded it, redownload it to get the updated version.
    Changelog:
    • Added possibility to adjust the mem-settings
    • Added blueprint adding function(adds blueprints ONLY to selected instances)

Status
    Not open for further replies.