Starlaunch - WIP launcher replacement [Now released on Windows, Mac and Linux]

Status
    Not open for further replies.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Update
    Nothing in the UI has changed recently, been trying to get this new update method the new default launcher is using mastered because of the way starlaunch does stuff (harder than I expected :( ).

Installation will be done through the MicroSoft ClickOnce thingy, meaning I don't have to make an installer or updater! I just upload an update, and your copy of starlaunch will download and install it automagically! I believe you will even be able to roll back versions of Starlaunch :O

Reaction score
    I am having trouble with the launcher, I run the all os installer and it creates a .jar which I run. When it runs get the error message "JAVA file starlaunch.jar could not be launched." I am using a macbook air.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    @starsned26 could you give more precise information? run the jar from the terminal and pm me the error message you get from there.
    If it runs perfectly fine in the terminal, likely the executable bit in the file permissions isn't set.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    No need for a server list in Starlaunch any more

• New built-in Serverlist
      View attachment 4185
      And is already part of the latest dev-build.
      With installing the Dev-Build to a server you get new options in the server.cfg

One of the testserver-entries looks like this:
      Code:
      ANNOUNCE_SERVER_TO_SERVERLIST = true //announces the server to the starmade server list so clients can find it. Hostname must be provided for HOST_NAME_TO_ANNOUNCE_TO_SERVER_LIST!
      HOST_NAME_TO_ANNOUNCE_TO_SERVER_LIST = play.star-made.org //this must be a valid hostname (either ip or host, e.g. play.star-made.org)
      SERVER_LIST_NAME = Official Testserver (Main) //max length 64 characters
      SERVER_LIST_DESCRIPTION = Normal Mode - Unlimited Building //max length 128 characters
      It defaults to 'false' so it is opt-in. No one will get listed without enabling it.
      Customize those settings to enlist your server. =)

- Andy

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    Please have it on zippyshare.com since your site seems to not have the file anymore...

Status
    Not open for further replies.