Starlaunch - WIP launcher replacement [Now released on Windows, Mac and Linux]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    i have some bug with the win version ,
    can't resize the windows and it start at a small state ( with this state , i can't see the full text of some button and the starmade instaled instance full names )
    it's possible probleme with aero desactivated ?

all other feat working nice , nice work

ho sry for my english , not a lot of masteries about it

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    i have some bug with the win version ,
    can't resize the windows and it start at a small state ( with this state , i can't see the full text of some button and the starmade instaled instance full names )
    it's possible probleme with aero desactivated ?

all other feat working nice , nice work

ho sry for my english , not a lot of masteries about it
    Thanks

Can you screenshot starlaunch when this happens, upload it to an image sharing site and post it here please :)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    A few bugfixes in the java version:
    • When updating an instance, it will not be listed twice.
    • The bug with the progressbar for some large downloads should be fixed now.

Reactions: therimmer96

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Thanks. This is the second time I have seen this bug, but have no idea what causes it :/

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Starlaunch for windows 0.2 is released

changelog
    Features
    • Automated addition of existing installations (button found in the options dropdown)
    • Automated addition of blueprints to multiple installations (button found in the options dropdown)
    • Displaying contents of "details.txt" in the blueprint if it exists
    • Welcome Message if no installation detected asking to create new installation or import an existing one
    Bugs fixed
    • Updating installations throws an exception
    • Trying to launch when no installations exists crashes
    I have been unable to fix the bug that makes the windows smaller than they should be, I have never heard of this before, and researching it has turned up nothing.

Unfortunately, to fix the updating, a new installer is needed. Please get it here
    Remember, if this is the first time you are installing starlaunch, you need .NET4.5

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You should add a publisher tag. Stuff loves flagging things without pub tags

EDIT

Question One Can you make it so you don't need to export to .sment to install Blueprints?

Question Two How do I add HUDS to the Builds? Where are they in File Explorer?

Question Three Why is the window so small? I can't quite read some of the buttons as they cut off

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Question One Can you make it so you don't need to export to .sment to install Blueprints?
    yes, it is possible.
    Question Two How do I add HUDS to the Builds? Where are they in File Explorer?
    Of which version do you speak(Java or .NET)? The java version places them in ~/.StarLaunch/Instances/<INSTANCENAME>
    Also, if you use the Java version, it is possible(if the one who made the HUD packed it right) to install it via the update button, and instead of updating from the internet, you update from the ZIP-file of the HUD-pack.
    Question Three Why is the window so small? I can't quite read some of the buttons as they cut off
    Screenshot? Java or .NET?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Both .net

Though the buttons are now readable (Program changed size of font somehow) it's still a small window

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Because the forums has rolled back a few days, I am going to recap the last few posts.

Megacrafter127 updated the java version of starlaunch. Download here

I posted a message about the coming starlaunch 0.3, which will bring self updating of starlaunch, a new set of UI textures by Crusade ,several bug fixes, and fixes the issues some people have been having with window sizes.

Keep an eye on this thread for new version, and thanks for using starlaunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The changelog of the update:
    • Added a credits dialog at startup
      If the text is inappropriate, message me
    • Added "Folder" button to open the file browser in the dir of an instance.
    • Fixed a bug when updating from a pre-/devbuild to a released build

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Megacrafter127 is it correct that the Java loader is complaining about the license agreement? regardless where i put it. i have installed Starmade with original installer already. Or is it again not working on windows ?

therimmer96 oh .. and i also have that small window problem: win 7 Home 64 with .net 4.5.1
    It is fixed in the next version. I will get it out ASAP

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Megacrafter127 is it correct that the Java loader is complaining about the license agreement? regardless where i put it. i have installed Starmade with original installer already. Or is it again not working on windows ?
    The Java version is made for all non-windows users. It's not supposed to work on windows.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Megacrafter127 Ok ! somewhere back it was mentionend that you had removed that limitation. I do understand why it is implemented again ;)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Megacrafter127 Ok ! somewhere back it was mentionend that you had removed that limitation. I do understand why it is implemented again ;)
    Yes it was removed, because back then the Java version offered less bugs and more features than the .NET version. But since that changed again it is back in place.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It's complaining that I don't have Java installed. I am not sure why though. Am I suppose to stick a Javascript installation in the Starlaunch folder?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    It's complaining that I don't have Java installed. I am not sure why though. Am I suppose to stick a Javascript installation in the Starlaunch folder?
    Starlaunch for .NET is doing that? hmm. Okay, what Java version are you using?

Status
    Not open for further replies.