Starfleet - Still boldly going [No longer recruiting]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How many star fleet ships were still alive?[DOUBLEPOST=1411870083,1411870047][/DOUBLEPOST]Vaygr*

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Can we get counts on how many ships were destroyed/damaged on each side for people to see in the future?
    Starfleet started with 2 fleets of 4 ships, but that doesn't count stealth scouts and the ships that we spawned after we died.
    we have no clue what anyone else had

does any video happen to exist?
    I think @x2006charger was recording some of it, I will get him to youtube it when I next see him

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I wonder if anyone found the floating Erosion ???

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How many star fleet ships were still alive?[DOUBLEPOST=1411870083,1411870047][/DOUBLEPOST]Vaygr*
    1 or 2 from what I could tell, once the armitages fell, it was just a matter of time before they took us out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It would be a shame if the first faction out brought more firepower and killed both of you next time. xD

Reaction score
    So you ended up using ensign ships instead of armatages. Don't our ships have lots of shields?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Maybe some more diversity in ships is needed? The best thing for such a big and active faction such as you is to make specialized ships. One class that tanks the shots, one that kills shields and one that burns through hull. You could take it a step farther with Electronic Warfare ships that have Ion and EMP and draining weaponry. Carriers are also pretty good.

Reaction score
    1 or 2 from what I could tell, once the armitages fell, it was just a matter of time before they took us out.
    we lost 2 ships in total, the invader titan and the an intruder battlecruiser, some intruders were put in reserve when players crashed (extra respawns).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    *sees pic of a ship with a huge hole on the side*
    I'll make sure to add some more shields
    and turrets with point defense

D

Deleted member 301635

Maybe some more diversity in ships is needed? The best thing for such a big and active faction such as you is to make specialized ships. One class that tanks the shots, one that kills shields and one that burns through hull. You could take it a step farther with Electronic Warfare ships that have Ion and EMP and draining weaponry. Carriers are also pretty good.
    Carriers aren't that great. Fighters die really easily, and are hard to restock during battle. If warpgates could be placed on ships, then you could make a 'portal carrier' which might actually work, and wouldn't need to be that large, but otherwise, until lua ai are implemented, carriers are horribly underpowered.
    Edit:
    I had an idea a while ago, which I haven't been able to test yet, of making ships with excellent weapons and power systems, but no thrusters, which I called 'sentries'. Not sure how effective they could be if towed into battle and dropped off at the edges, but they'd probably be better than ai fighters, and so I'd like someone to try, FOR SCIENCE!

Reactions: Unnamed25

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So you ended up using ensign ships instead of armatages. Don't our ships have lots of shields?
    we had 2 armitages, we had limited credits and the armitage is expensive, 2 is all we could afford even after making it cheaper

*sees pic of a ship with a huge hole on the side*
    I'll make sure to add some more shields
    and turrets with point defense
    Point defense turrets are not in the game yet, if they were, we would have so abused them ^^

Edit:
    I had an idea a while ago, which I haven't been able to test yet, of making ships with excellent weapons and power systems, but no thrusters, which I called 'sentries'. Not sure how effective they could be if towed into battle and dropped off at the edges, but they'd probably be better than ai fighters, and so I'd like someone to try, FOR SCIENCE!
    We call it a Siege Platform, and had the octopus class turret platform^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Carriers aren't that great. Fighters die really easily, and are hard to restock during battle. If warpgates could be placed on ships, then you could make a 'portal carrier' which might actually work, and wouldn't need to be that large, but otherwise, until lua ai are implemented, carriers are horribly underpowered.
    Edit:
    Already done it bro. xD TE,DFN,Mandalor, and LAZ has some. (and Odium I assume)

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Already done it bro. xD TE,DFN,Mandalor, and LAZ has some. (and Odium I assume)
    Shhhhh
    dont spoil it, its a suprise

TE defiantly doesnt have one yet!