Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Uh, what is the answer for the question to register so I can download? "what app game is our app for"? I have no idea. Have you considered uploading this somewhere alternate where we don't have to create an account and answer a question that's not even answerable by people?
    sorry if you don't know what game your playing. Might want to check that. The question is a registration bot blocker as there is no email check (hell we dont even care if the email is real I wont be selling your info or even sending you a birthday email lol) and you are instantly registered and logged in once the form is filled out. Then you might be one of those registration bots too lol not sure, but still might want to check the application game that you are playing(in all lower case letters) ;).

Your just better off with an account to the community to use the application.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    "what app game is our app for" isn't even proper english, not even close. Starmade isn't an even app, and neither is SMEdit. The question is confusing and horribly worded.

It'd be a lot more convenient if they'd just upload it to somewhere that doesn't require people to make another useless account for some website they don't care about to download it.

Say, I don't know, mediafire or google drive, they both do that very well.
    Please keep in mind as I have had this conversation in this thread before this time; that it is not helpful to turn anyone's thread into spam or flame. I would appreciate it if you didn't disrespect the nature of this thread by being upset about the requirements of the development of the application to use it. That is what the main support site for the application is for.

To clarify some finer points in your communication thus far; #1 Both StarMade and Smedit are in fact "apps" as the word refers to the word "application" or "executable file" and over the years the word "app" has been tagged to android apps, and it goes without saying (as they are very skeleton examples of any real view point of what an application is.) they still are at their hearts "java" and so is bot SMEdit and StarMade for that matter.

lol so you can see why I or anyone might have use for word "app" in their question. Mostly just trying to knock registration bots off our trail. No other real reason.

and #2 if you don't care about the site than just don't use the app. Negativity is never a strong support mechanism or a bonus to promoting your view point or even getting your point across. Why should I promote mediafire or googledrive? what have they done for me our our development to give them props or site trafic? Just don't expect the same support by posting your needs or concerns here as I don't work for Shine (those who are developing StarMade) and all my help topics are on the support site for SMEdit. Now if you want to continue this on the main support site for SMEdit you are welcome to but I will not be replying to more negativity or non related spam or flame posted to here on the StarMade forum on this matter.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well, congrats, you've lost a user of your non-functional SMEdit. I'll wait until the remake comes out then. I'm not going to give your website ad revenue or traffic.

I'm not turning your thread into spam or flame. I'm merely stating my opinion and the troubles I've had signing up for your website and using your program.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Bobby Bighoof
    Please merge your posts. Try to avoid double posting in the future.
    Also easier access to the program would be nice.

Lecic
    I think he gets the idea. ~let it goooo~ (or i sing the whole song to you in chat)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Bobby Bighoof
    Please merge your posts. Try to avoid double posting in the future.
    Also easier access to the program would be nice.

Thank you WarSong I will take into account your suggestions. Sorry I am not up to date with this forums software on if I should just edit the last post to add more when 5 posts were made to the thread between the time I started my last replay, and when I finally finished the replay and posted it. Or if there is even a "merge last reply" I am not sure about these things. I was not trying to double post and half expected more replies in there as I made the next comment based on replies made after my last, but alas nothing ever goes as we expect or would like it seems.

I will be editing the question to be more simple, but adding a second one as well to insure that the support site is free of even manual bot registration.

Lecic's aggressive and almost spam quality posting to the topic has prompted me to add a link onto this main post to a post on our support site explaining why we are requiring a registration at this time to freely download the SMEdit application. Also his aggressive, negative, and almost hostile communications are prime example as to why I am asking people to take the time to visit and check out the main support site for this application before they come here very upset about something they know less than 0 information about. As he didn't take the time to go to the site or read anything there then naturally he went off on the assumption that this application doesn't work, and that our development has any hidden agenda in what is we are trying to do.

Also as a side note I do want to thank you greatly for your speedy and very attentive afimitive action to the situation in the thread. It was both helpful and concise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It might be helpful to mention in the OP that this only currently works with old blueprints from before .14

Reaction score
    It might be helpful to mention in the OP that this only currently works with old blueprints from before .14
    The hotfix is little more than a patch so it can load those blueprints when used in a Starmade v0.15 install folder.

Unless Schema wants to help Bobby and Jo crack the v0.15 blueprint read/write stuff, the SMEdit devs have to reverse-engineer the new tags and new blocks in the blueprints the hard way. And right now they've got a lot to do before they get to that time (and sanity) consuming task of blueprint cracking.

I'm trying to be patient as I'd love to get 0.15 era blueprints to load and be able to screw around with stations again. Until then if I need to mess with a station I have to do it in the 0.14 or older versions.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    1.3.7 is out for download
    download is on the main post

*patched up for new game names of texture packs,
    *put in a simple small fighter ship to load on start up
    *put in file and folder checks to speed up start up to not need to download all files every time you start the application.

You might have to make sure to click on "apply" on first start up after update if you were using the "Cartoon" texture pack; to make sure it gets changed in your setting file or SMEdit wont load.

Thanks again for all your support
    Bobbybighoof, project leader
    SMEdit

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Bobby I was wondering how the station re-add was coming along? and will it be in classic or smedit 2?

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Bobby I was wondering how the station re-add was coming along? and will it be in classic or smedit 2?

We have decided to reserve the use of "SMEdit_Classic" to mean what Jo did and put the new application as simply "SMEdit" we will reserve "SMEdit2" for a later time.

The "entity" and with that the stations even the old stations is broke do to something I did, and I have to sift through the code and find what I did to break it. I will see what I can do to bring it back before I work on the new blueprint math. I don't want broken parts that were working to be still broke as I try to lock down the new blueprint math.

Reactions: Ehrehin
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The main post has been updated. We are very pleased to let everyone know that SMEdit now has it new permanent home url.

smedit.co

is now up and running for all our development and support needs. We have huge plans for SMEdit and those plans can only truly come to light with SMEdit being the owner of its own domain.

I hope that people will come to understand that yes this does mean that I am both backing this project with all I have to back it with, and that I do fully intend to progress this development into bigger and better things along with the StarMade game. Now it is assured that we intend to remain loyal to and with the community here for a long time to come.

SMEdit, smedit.co

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My IP is on the blacklist of the site you use, I wanted to learn about SMedit. So that also means I can't download your mod. And my Computer is free from botnet, tested with RUbotted and other network security software.

Is there anyway for others to download your mod without going to that site? And by the way there are only 3 ISP in the country I live in, I've also have them on my network of computers, their IP is also on the blacklist.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    My IP is on the blacklist of the site you use, I wanted to learn about SMedit. So that also means I can't download your mod. And my Computer is free from botnet, tested with RUbotted and other network security software.

Is there anyway for others to download your mod without going to that site? And by the way there are only 3 ISP in the country I live in, I've also have them on my network of computers, their IP is also on the blacklist.

pm me here on the starmade site the name used to register on smedit.co and I can check the ip range used on it and back track the ban used.

Reactions: TheBlueThunder

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Never mind, I solved the problem for other users that has the same problem that I have. All you have to do is install Hotspot Shield to get to your site.

Reaction score
    This faulty program just refuses to open after 1 use. I believe i've redownloaded it many times and I do know others have gotten it to work but. Not sure what went wrong. Seemingly I have all folders needed for it to operate including the Jo plugins and such.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    1.03.80 is out for update and download

If anyone has any problems updating to the new version please let me know on the main support forum, and try downloading a new jar file from the site.

I have attempted to correct the loading issues people were having with the client. I was trying to tweak for mac users but I am not a mac user and it has been years since I have developed for macs so a bit rusty there. Sorry about that.

Jo offered some code to help with lacking source in the find exterior math. The new files and and tweaked files should allow for users to edit larger blueprints as far and smooth and hollowing out. This in in testing phase so again post back to the main support forum if you experience any problems (warning this will slow down the process but will allow for a lot less memory use.)

for a more in depth info list check the main support forum.

SMEdit, smedit.co

Reaction score
    Hello,

On Windows 7 I got SMEdit (latest version) to run once to set the options and then nothing happened. When I try to run it again, nothing happens.
    I tried using the console with "java SMEdit.jar" and it gave me the error it can't find the main class.

Thanks,

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello,

On Windows 7 I got SMEdit (latest version) to run once to set the options and then nothing happened. When I try to run it again, nothing happens.
    I tried using the console with "java SMEdit.jar" and it gave me the error it can't find the main class.

Thanks,
    try deleting the settings file and try again.

you can find it in this location

C:/Users/*your log in to you computer*/.josm

the .josm file is your settings for SMEdit try deleting that and try starting it up again.

Reaction score
    Also, the correct command for executing jar files is "java -jar SMEdit.jar". Java without "-jar" is for class files and yes, it will give you that totally inaccurate error message if you're using it wrongly. :/