Scorpion Fleet Shipyards (WIP: Battlestar Pegasus)

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Any Basestars planned?
    Sorry for the late reply, I've been ill these past few days. Yes, there are basestars planned. If you look at the checklist on the OP, you'll see the Cylon War Basestar, the Modern Cylon basestar and the Guardian basestar are all planned.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 19/03/16:

Small update on the Valkyrie, not been able to do much with the little time from this update and the last. Detailed a lot of the main body, hopefully looks a lot better. I've also finished 4 of the arms that connect the mainbody to the flight pods, 2 more to go. The neckline has also been buffed up, it's more noticeable now.

My Raptor has been updated to feature lock on missiles, flashlight beacon thing, bigger space and cockpit. I've also made the EVAC Raptor from
    The Plan which features no weapons, medical equipment and a different paintjob. The Assault Raptor has also been made, which features the newer cock pit and space as well as more weapons systems.

+ EVAC Raptor added to the downloads section of the OP.
    + Assault Raptor added to the downloads section of the OP.
    + Raptor's design updated and used across the board.

All Raptors uploaded are currently the shielded variant. None shielded variant will be uploaded soon so grab the shielded whilst you can.
    Battlestars Yashuman and Poseidon will be updated to contain better looking engines and the new Raptor designs.

A while back, I started working on a Viper Launch Tube. Its full of now redundant logic. Most of it is just details now, but I'm going to add the new rails so I can launch Vipers out of it :D. Of course this was just experimental so it probably wont be used on the Galactica and the Pegasus.
    Mostly just a cool looking tube at the moment:

I'm debating whether I should put a sort of work done so far album on the OP to showcase what's been done, it may give a better understanding of the checklist.

P.S Sorry about the album clutter

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    QUICK UPDATE:

Battlestars Yashuman & Poseidon have been updated to contain the new Raptor models and Engines. They both now hold 2 Raptors and 2 Assault Raptors compared to just before where they held 4 old Raptor models.

Last edited:

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    QUICK UPDATE:

+ Battlestar Yashuman's version 1.1's none shielded variant uploaded to the dock.
    + Battlestar Poseidon's version 1.2's none shielded variant uploaded to the dock.
    + Assault Raptor's version 1.0's none shielded variant uploaded to the dock.
    + EVAC Raptor's version 1.0's none shielded variant uploaded to the dock.
    + Raptor's version 1.1's none shielded variant uploaded to the dock.

### EXPECT VALKYRIE UPDATE ON 31ST MARCH 2016 ###

Last edited:
    Reactions: Pacific_Jim

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Happy frakking Easter!

Game Plan order:
    1) Small ships - Blackbird left. Easter ;)
    2) Valkyrie
    "Yashuman" Class Refit - Done.
    3) Valkyrie
    "Valkyrie" Class - Shell almost complete. Working on the flight pods.
    4) Mercury
    "Pegasus" Class - Dimensions Frame done. Some of the shell started.
    5) Jupiter
    "Galactica" Class - Dimensions frame done.
    6) Guardian Basestar - Not started.
    7) Cylon War Basestar - Not started.
    8) Modern Cylon Basestar - Not started.
    9) Infected Baseship - Not started.
    10) Rebel Baseship - Not started.
    # More to come #

Don't know if any of you read the small print next to 1). Happy frakkin' Easter to you all. The Blackbird has been uploaded to the dock,
    so grab the shielded variant whilst you can. I'm pushing the Valkyrie update to the 29th of this month to go with my one year on post.

+ Colonial Blackbird added to the Downloads section of the OP.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Sorry, couldn't wait to share this. I was playing around with AI since a squadron of pirate vipers started to attack me. A Viper MKII and MKIII attempted to recreate what happened to Apollo and Starbuck during the Battle of Ragnar:

Valkyrie Update due tomorrow

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sorry, couldn't wait to share this. I was playing around with AI since a squadron of pirate vipers started to attack me. A Viper MKII and MKIII attempted to recreate what happened to Apollo and Starbuck during the Battle of Ragnar:

Valkyrie Update due tomorrow
    Hahaha that's perfect!

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    One Year Later...
    Update as of 29/03/16:

From the Raptor to the Blackbird...
    It has now been one whole year since I uploaded my first ship to the Dock. The Raptor. The really big Raptor. BSG Raptor 30 odd metres in length, when a 1:1 would be 8.6 metres. Quite the difference. I also uploaded the Viper Mark VII on this day, two days later I would upload the Mark II. These were quite bad ships, but I had only just started trying to build properly. The Battlestar
    Vigilance started construction not that long after. I worked on her when ever I had the time, eventually stopping at the back end of November to start this shipyard. I've learnt some things about my self during the time I've been building these Battlestar Galactica ships, like I work more productively listening to podcasts rather than music. I have also greatly improved upon my building skills - or at least I like to think so. In celebration of this one year mark, I'm uploading my old Cylon Raider that I made a year ago, expect it to be uploaded to the dock shortly. Here is to another great year of building Battlestar Galactica ships. 19 on the dock so far, lets aim to double that number.

So say we all!

Valkyrie Update:

I've been doing exterior detailing mostly at this point, the flight pods and under belly of the Valkyrie look a lot better now, more visually pleasing and more accurate to my reference pictures. I've placed 2 Stealthstars and 2 Assault Raptor in the flight pods, one of each in both flight pods. There is a little bit of interior I have done, the core room and 2 Duty Lockers. More to follow soon. After I am finished with exterior detailing, I will add turrets in their appropriate places. I have a 2 week holiday coming up, assuming my homework load is light, I should be able to finish the Valkyrie - No promises though. I really do want to get on to the Pegasus, but I don't want the Valkyrie to be a half assed Battlestar.

I did a few size comparisons with the Galactica's and the Pegasus' dimension frame.

Just messing with the Blackbird and fleets:

"Quick right, full power, x-axis climb!"

"I'm a friendly! We're all friendlies! So let's just... be friendly!"

Last edited:

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    April Fools
    Update as of 01/04/16:

I hope you guys had a good April Fools day. I certainly did. Guess what? The Valkyrie's release window is now open. Between now and April 18th the Valkyrie could be released on the dock fully finished and fleshed out. I've done the exterior of the Valkyrie and her turret systems. So it is only interior and systems left, which will be extremely easy to do since the only interior seen is the CIC, I have creative freedom over the rest. My 2 week holiday starts now and ends on the 18th, hence the release window's closing date. I hope to work hard and get this ship done. I'm also going to aim to get the Cylon Freighter done and on the dock in this time, the one seen in BSGO and the Reimagined Series. After the 18th, I'll be glad to be working on the Pegasus from then on as she is the next main project.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 07/04/2016:

Today, I commission the Battlestar Valkyrie in loving memory of my Grandad who passed away April 1st this year. The ship features a lot of missile based weapons, just like the Poseidon, but her turrets aren't quite so good in numbers. She has 2 FTL drives, defensive armour piercing effect, defensive punch through effect, heavy forward missiles, 6 Long range lock on missiles, forward sniper cannons and a load of other things. Her airwing is compromised of 4 Viper MKVII's, 2 standard Raptors, 2 Assault Raptors and 2 Stealthstars. Making a total of 10 aircraft.

+ Battlestar Valkyrie added to the downloads section of the OP.

What to expect next:

I'm working on an update for the Colonial One, you can expect that in the next week. I'm also building the Cylon Freighter, which was seen in a few shots, but more commonly known to BSGO players. Work on the Pegasus officially starts 18th of April, but that doesn't mean I'll get some work done before then. One ship closer to Galactica :). The Valkyrie's none shielded variant will be on the dock by Monday, so grab the shielded whilst you can.

### Please let me know if you download the Valkyrie of any errors made which I can then fix, thank you. ###

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    amazing ship, but you might want to take better pictures to better capture its grandure

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    amazing ship, but you might want to take better pictures to better capture its grandure
    Thanks! I'll try, but imgur is in a mood at the moment. All my images get cancelled after a download fail. So I'll give it a few days.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    A quick note:

Pegasus' first update due 16/04/16 as well as the release of the Cylon Freighter. Expect the none shielded variant of the Valkyrie to be up on the dock on the 11th.

I know I said I'd start work on the Pegasus on the 18th, but I honestly just can't wait. She is going to be a treat to build and I have already made a strong start.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Minor Update:

+ Colonial One version 1.1 has been uploaded to the dock

+ Battlestar Valkyrie NS1.0 uploaded to the dock

Last edited: