Scorpion Fleet Shipyards (WIP: Battlestar Pegasus)

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update
    Update as of 17/04/2016:

First off an apology, this update was due yesterday, but life got in the way. I'm also going to apologise for the lack of work done on the Cylon Freighter, life yet again got in the way.

Enough apologies, on with the first update of the Pegasus:

I'm still working on just getting the whole shell done. Only bit of detailing so far is the symbol on her spine running down the main boy of the Pegasus. I want to redo the front part of the topside section of the Alligator head, make it smaller in width. I want to get the 8 engines done before I start working on the flight pods. The Pegasus is going to take longer than the Valkyrie or the Poseidon to build as it is a lot bigger, so be patient, I will make civilian ships and other things to fill the lack of uploaded work.

Not much work has been done on the Cylon Freighter, but she will be done in the next 1 to 2 weeks. I plan to take inspiration from the Modern Cylon Basestar for inspiration. I'm also going to make a docking hatch so a Heavy Raider can dock to the vessel. She is mostly black at the moment, but I'll be using dark grey hull for detailing and such. The ship will have one FTL.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Sitrep:

The big apology. It's been almost a month since my last update. I've also not delivered on my promise of the Cylon Freighter, she isn't finished. But she is close. For that, I do apologise. I've been slacking, life has gotten in the way. School work is increasing. Due to the fact I'm tired of apologising, and I have limited time on my hands to do these updates, they'll been done on a monthly cycle. Starting 01/06/2016. No pictures yet, but I can tell you I'm going to be one happy bunny when I'm finished with the Pegasus. She's going to look better than I expected, I have a few plans for sliding CIC doors ;).

See you on the first of June,

Vigilance Actual out.

Reactions: Col_Kurtz
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sitrep:

The big apology. It's been almost a month since my last update. I've also not delivered on my promise of the Cylon Freighter, she isn't finished. But she is close. For that, I do apologise. I've been slacking, life has gotten in the way. School work is increasing. Due to the fact I'm tired of apologising, and I have limited time on my hands to do these updates, they'll been done on a monthly cycle. Starting 01/06/2016. No pictures yet, but I can tell you I'm going to be one happy bunny when I'm finished with the Pegasus. She's going to look better than I expected, I have a few plans for sliding CIC doors ;).

See you on the first of June,

Vigilance Actual out.

It's all good man, life comes first! Just nice to see you're not dead :)

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update
    Update as of 04/06/2016:

Lets get started with this overdue update then. Work on the shipyard is slow, I don't have as much time on my hands as I used. Though, the Summer Holidays are coming up soon which means a lot more time to spend building Battlestar Galactica ships. Yay! Was it just me who said that? Okay then.

I finally finished the Cylon Freighter. I feel I could have done better, but with the time I spent on it,I'm happy with the result. She has no weapons what so ever and has to rely on Basestars / Raiders for defence. The Cylon Freighter has a decent Scanner and Jump Drive system. I'm not proud of the interior of the ship in anyway shape or form, so you better hope you're a Cylon who can project down the ugly hallways of this ship otherwise you'll get bored in no time. There is a docking hatch located on the front of the ship and a Heavy Raider can dock to the top, accessing the ship from a topside docking hatch.

Yes, the interior was inspired by the interior of the Modern Cylon Basestar.

A few Battle scenarios I made:

(1) The Valkyrie, Poseidon and Yashuman just sailing around as a Battlestar Group.
    (2) A Cylon Convoy consisting of Freighters, Heavy Raiders and the modern Raiders.
    (3) The Battlestar Valkyrie jumps in on the Cylon Convoy, Vipers are scrambled to take on the Raiders whilst the Valkyrie her self takes on the Freighters.

The Battlestar Pegasus:

Now building the shell of this ship has been a royal pain in the ass. God the amount of hours I've spent on the shell just trying to make it look right, don't even get me started on the Alligator head - I've had to redo that baby and it still isn't finished. That being said, the Alligator head is beginning to look a lot better in shape. My main focus on the Pegasus at the moment is getting the Alligator head and Engines done. Then I can start work on the shell of the flight pods and arms. She'll be finished one day... one day...

Last edited:

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    SitRep:

No update due July 1st. Next update due 1st August. Why? I've got a lot going on in my life at the moment making me very busy, one of the main factors being school. I just can't pull in the hours I used to at the moment. So there will not be an update for July, and if I do post one in July, you can count yourselves lucky. Work on the shipyard will pick up again when it's the Summer Holidays, we should start seeing real progress on the Pegasus around then.

What to expect for the next update?

+ A redo of all Viper designs. This means all of my content with Vipers in will be updated to contain the newer versions of the Vipers.
    + Main changes with the Vipers will include a usable cockpit, improved colour schemes, better armour / thruster balance.
    + More work done on the Pegasus.
    + A possible start to the Monarch (Colonial mining ship).
    + Updated and improved OP.

See you next update,

Vigilance Actual out.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 10/08/16:

How long has it been? 2 months? Time flies...
    Lets start with the Vipers update:

Launch the Alert Vipers

I've completely remade all three of my Vipers from the ground up. All now have a cockpit which you can actually sit in, which was one of my main goals in rebuilding all three Vipers. I have to say I'm quite proud at the noticeable difference I've done with the detailing compared to the older Vipers.

Here's a comparison between the old and the new:

The Viper's MKII, MKIII & MKVII have had their armour degraded to make them more mobile. This means you guys can expect and update to the Raptors & Raiders sometime in the future. But for now, enjoy the new Viper models.

+ Updated the Battlestar Valkyrie to contain the newer Viper Models.
    + Updated the Battlestar Poseidon to contain the newer Viper Models.
    + Updated the Battlestar Yashuman to contain the newer Viper Models.
    + Updated the Viper MKII to version 2.0
    + Updated the Viper MKIII to version 2.0
    + Updated the Viper MKVII to version 2.0

Corridor Concept

I'm way off from building Galactica, and she isn't priority, but I've made a design concept for what I want her corridors to look like inside:
    Of course I may change this, but right now it looks good enough for me.

SMedit

So, I got SMedit working for me. Wasn't easy, but it's done now. I've managed to create the hulls for Flattop, Cloud 9, the Colonial Mining Ship, Galactica, Cylon Basestar and Pegasus. Soon I will have the hulls for Hitei Kan, The Olympic Carrier and a couple of other ships from the nuBSG universe. These hulls will drastically increase the time in which it take to construct the ships allowing me to release them faster.

Battlestar Pegasus

There's good news and bad news regarding the
    Pegasus.

Bad news is that I again lost all my work on her and am having to start again, now this put me off from working on the
    Pegasus. So I started some work on the Cylon Basestar, as you can see further down the post.
    Good news is that I managed to get SMedit to help import a model of the
    Pegasus. This will greatly speed up the construction process of the Pegasus, allowing me to get her out to you guys as fast as I can. Rest assured, I've learnt my lesson and will save backups of the Pegasus after every build session I do. The only problem I see with building the Beast is her gravity systems between the upper and lower flight decks on each flight pod. I'm sure I'll come up with something. So for now, no pictures. But expect good progress on her next update.

Cylon Basestar

So I imported a model using SMedit. I cut it in half from the top? Why? Because in
    Battlestar Galactica: The Plan the modern Cylon Basestars can turn to enter atmospheric flight. My plan is two decorate and install turrets, systems and raiders. on this lower half, once that is accomplished I will spawn it in and dock it to the center axis of the lower half. creating a full Cylon Baseship. With some fancy logic, I'll be able to make the Y's rotate into atmospheric flight mode. I can't say yet how many raiders and heavy raiders the Baseship will be able to carry unfortunately. Once the Cylon Baseship is build, I can easily damage a few of it's arms to create the Rebel Cylon Baseship seen in Season 4.

Future Updates

I am nine days late with this update, sorry about that. But life comes first. I'm very busy practically everyday, I just can't muster the time out to do updates and post content as much as I could. You can expect the next update October 1st or 2nd.

You can look forward to the Raptors & Raiders update, where I will update the models of said ships to match the detail and balance them better to the Vipers. The
    Pegasus & Cylon Basestar 's construction is going to take a lot of time, I am pressing to get the Basestar out by the end of the Year. The Pegasus I'm not entirely sure about, but both ships will be in a lot more updates to come. The OP will be updated as soon as I get round to it - It's not a priority right now for me. My main focus is on the ships and getting them out as fast as I can whilst still having the quality of my previous ships.

See you next update,

Vigilance Actual out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Dude you're doing amazing on the Battlestar stuff! I love seeing what you're doing, though I have taken a step back from building I think you've done a better job than I would :P

SSWA

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Dude you're doing amazing on the Battlestar stuff! I love seeing what you're doing, though I have taken a step back from building I think you've done a better job than I would :p

SSWA
    Haha, thank you! I was hoping to have more for my last update. Pretty proud with how my Vipers turned out. I'm sure if you kept at your Osiris you'd make mistakes, learn from them and end up doing a better job than me. I wasn't happy with my Vipers, so I rebuilt them and look how fraking sexy they came out. You can always do the same with your Osiris. I need something for my Basestars to shoot at besides the Valkyrie Classes anyways hehe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Oh if that's a challenge....

I should have more time when school starts up, hopefully. Get an hour or two a week in. Though my next build I know will turn out better... I might make my version of some of your ships... (Cue carrier basestar)

I'm gonna keep at it but I love downloading and playing with your ships.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Oh if that's a challenge....
    haha ;)

I should have more time when school starts up, hopefully. Get an hour or two a week in. Though my next build I know will turn out better... I might make my version of some of your ships... (Cue carrier Basestar)
    Yeah, I get what you mean. Building replicas is harder. You can't just let your imagination run wild with replicas unfortunately. I'd love to see what you come up with. I'd love to know what a carrier Basestar is, is it the Cylon War Era Basestar? The Cylons could do with more ships so I would definitely encourage a Cylon build :) I love the Cylon baseships, can't wait to have them built and ready so I can spawn in a fleet and scare any Colonials I come across haha.

I'm gonna keep at it but I love downloading and playing with your ships.
    Please do, and thanks. I don't give myself enough time to enjoy them, I'm always tweaking an existing one or building on a new one. Glad someone else can.

Reaction score
    Just popping in as a reminder that your ships are good, and I'm looking forward to seeing your Basestar.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    SitRep:

Sorry for my almost-year-long absence, life got in the way of this Shipyard and as a result I've done very little.

I started work on the Battestar Pegasus again this time with the help of a shell I managed to import from a site that does 3D models of things. Which has helped massively, this is now my 3rd time I think trying to build the Pegasus and it's rather well. The only detailing is on the topside of the alligator head at the moment and there is no interior but the basic shape is almost there. In my catalogue i had a couple of turrets I made ages ago modeled after the Heavy Artillery Turrets (HATs) the Pegasus & Galactica use and I think they look good for the ship being an almost decent size for it. See the pictures below:

It takes time to update the shipyard so expect updates every four months from now on and as for the OP I'll rework it from the ground up because its ancient right now. I'm working on revamping the Raiders to fit with the new-style Vipers I made before leaving. As for the Basestar I'll be making that after the Battlestar Pegasus as it's a little difficult to rap my head round how I'm going to do Raider bays at an angle.

NOTE: As soon as the power update is released I'll be stopping work on the Pegasus temporarily to update my current Ships on SMD

Till the next time,

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    SitRep:

Sorry for my almost-year-long absence, life got in the way of this Shipyard and as a result I've done very little.

I started work on the Battestar Pegasus again this time with the help of a shell I managed to import from a site that does 3D models of things. Which has helped massively, this is now my 3rd time I think trying to build the Pegasus and it's rather well. The only detailing is on the topside of the alligator head at the moment and there is no interior but the basic shape is almost there. In my catalogue i had a couple of turrets I made ages ago modeled after the Heavy Artillery Turrets (HATs) the Pegasus & Galactica use and I think they look good for the ship being an almost decent size for it. See the pictures below:

It takes time to update the shipyard so expect updates every two months from now on and as for the OP I'll rework it from the ground up because its ancient right now. I'm working on revamping the Raiders to fit with the new-style Vipers I made before leaving. As for the Basestar I'll be making that after the Battlestar Pegasus as it's a little difficult to rap my head round how I'm going to do Raider bays at an angle.

NOTE: As soon as the power update is released I'll be stopping work on the Pegasus temporarily to update my current Ships on SMD

Till the next time,
    For the raider bays at an angle, you could build the bays as seperate "ships", dock them on turret docks, and rotate them as needed?

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    For the raider bays at an angle, you could build the bays as seperate "ships", dock them on turret docks, and rotate them as needed?
    I initially considered this but then thought it may clash with other blocks part of the main ship and not make the basestar look good, but I guess it's worth shot thanks :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I initially considered this but then thought it may clash with other blocks part of the main ship and not make the basestar look good, but I guess it's worth shot thanks :)
    Np! You would end up building a hole, more or less, for it to sit within, and you could have a lip on the exterior to cover up the internal edge of the hangar. Hell, you could even just angle-mount just the dock blocks themselves, and use slabs to make the room look angled without being a separate mounted ship.

Reaction score
    Hi Randomo,

Amazing shape of yours battlestars, great great work!

I want a ship to play, not a exact replica (shields, chaindrive, etc). I'm good with ship systems, but not with desing :´( can you share empty or basic hull of any BS?

I follow your thread with interest, waiting for a Pegasus or Galactica.

Thanks for your work.