Scorpion Fleet Shipyards (WIP: Battlestar Pegasus)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well I know for Osiris it's gonna be "We've encountered a basestar... We're going to engage."
    For the others: Yes, we're tired. Yes, there is no relief. Yes, the Cylons keep coming after us time after time after time. And yes, we are still expected to do our jobs! would be a good one, but a bit long.
    Cylon Raider "Are you... Alive?" Starbuck in "You can't go home again"
    "By your command" always works.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Well I know for Osiris it's gonna be "We've encountered a basestar... We're going to engage."
    For the others: Yes, we're tired. Yes, there is no relief. Yes, the Cylons keep coming after us time after time after time. And yes, we are still expected to do our jobs! would be a good one, but a bit long.
    Cylon Raider "Are you... Alive?" Starbuck in "You can't go home again"
    "By your command" always works.
    Thanks! I'm going to rewatch a few scenes and try get some memorable quotes. Problem is they're all said by Adama.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    "The gods damned enemy engaged us, ma'am!" Lt. Fajovick, Blood and Chrome, though of that on the bus home.

Reactions: Randomo
    Reaction score
    Looking good so far. Definitely looking forward to trying the Valkyrie refit out when you're finished.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Looking good so far. Definitely looking forward to trying the Valkyrie refit out when you're finished.
    Thanks! Means a lot to me. Hopefully you shouldn't have to wait too long. Loved the Battlestar Gaius, are you planning on doing any more BSG related ships?

Reaction score
    I am almost guaranteed to make more original battlestar designs, since I quite enjoyed the Gaius. I have a few other smaller projects I really should finish up before jumping onto another large ship though, I have a habit of getting halfway through bigger ships and burning myself out. I think my next bigger project is going to be a Basestar inspired ship, assuming I can rig together some kind of auto-launcher for drones. I doubt I'm ever going to make a replica though, they take a lot of work to get right and I don't really have the patience.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I am almost guaranteed to make more original battlestar designs, since I quite enjoyed the Gaius. I have a few other smaller projects I really should finish up before jumping onto another large ship though, I have a habit of getting halfway through bigger ships and burning myself out. I think my next bigger project is going to be a Basestar inspired ship, assuming I can rig together some kind of auto-launcher for drones. I doubt I'm ever going to make a replica though, they take a lot of work to get right and I don't really have the patience.
    Nice, that'll be interesting. I don't think we have a single basestar that works on the Dock yet, so I'll be up for testing it out. As I am beginning to find out, replicas do take a lot of work...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453831409,1453828982][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a comparison between the Battlestar Valkyrie Refit aka the Battlestar Poseidon and the Battlestar Gaius:

Obviously, the Battlestar Gaius is bigger. The Battlestar Poseidon is done to half the scale and was a small Battlestar anyways. I'll give an update on the Battlestar Poseidon's progress this Sunday, and possibly a release window/date.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I put some time in on the Osiris, maybe sometime we can get a build server going and have the three of us working with the others where we al have or are lacking in expertise! I know I could use some help with some forms, and I'd love to look at how you all have done some things on your builds.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I put some time in on the Osiris, maybe sometime we can get a build server going and have the three of us working with the others where we al have or are lacking in expertise! I know I could use some help with some forms, and I'd love to look at how you all have done some things on your builds.
    Yeah, that would be cool. I can't wait for you to post another update on your Osiris, the finished product will be really good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I put my ship through some base combat trials, was not impressed. Weapons have a huge blind spot, gonna have to go off-cannon to patch that with CIWS and heavy Guns. Also redid the weapons, been working on major retextures because SlAbS

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Ah ha. I love Starmade. I was just casually working on the Battlestar Poseidon, what does the game do? Spawns 13 of my Viper's to vs my Battlestar. I see 13 red signatures and turn on Godmode, just so I don't have to fix anything. Just sitting back and enjoying the fireworks right now. I'll post screenshots of the aftermath on my weekend update.
    I need to finish the rest of the turrets before I do a combat test, stupid Starmade. Why didn't I fit a jump drive? I'll just have to change_sector then...
    Nevermind, encounter over.
    Interesting, as soon as they lost their weapons capabilities, they all ran to the shop in 2,2,2. Interesting.

Last edited:

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 31/1/16

Here is the screenshots of the Viper battle. The Battlestar Poseidon won anyway, it was in god mode for a start so I wouldn't have to rebuild anything. Plus it has superior weapon systems. All 13 Vipers ended up just in a big heap at the spawn shop for some odd reason.

Now, on with the release date, work done, etc. The exterior is practically finished. I'm just finishing up a few details here and there aswell as placing down all the turrets where they need to be. In some of the above screen shots, she looks amazing. I'm quite proud of her. Even if her turrets don't out put that much DPS and the Viper tubes are just there for decoration. She is still a very good ship. I'm looking forward to doing the interior, since there isn't a reference pictures apart from the CIC. I'll do my best to make it look like it belongs in the Battlestar Galactica universe. I was placing down generators for power, shields and other things when I realised. Hey, Battlestar Galactica ships don't have shields. Yes that is right, but in Starmade Multiplayer, shields are essential. I've decided I will do two variants of the Battlestar Poseidon. One shielded, one not. I will also go back to my released ships on the downloads section of the OP and release a non-shielded variant of them all.

I have uploaded a lot of images for you guys to look at showcasing the work I have done. There is more turrets, more details, flight pod interior - really just exterior things. Now, let me talk about a release date/window. It is going to be a release window. Why? Because I cannot guarantee a release date during school time, due to homework. Between the dates 7 - 14h February 2016 will be the release window, you can expect the ship to be uploaded in a finished state on the dock some time then.

After the Battlestar Poseidon / Valkyrie Class Refit is on the dock, I will be fixing anything wrong with the ship during my school holidays (14th - 21st February). The non-shielded variants of all currently released ships will be released during then, plus work on my next Battlestar, the Battlestar Valkyrie will be started during that period. You can see the Game plan on the OP for a look at what will be done after this.

Edit: Gameplan updated on the OP.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    fanceh...
    you might want to remove some pics from the album tho, its kinda clogged with a lot of almost identical pictures

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    fanceh...
    you might want to remove some pics from the album tho, its kinda clogged with a lot of almost identical pictures
    Yeah, I'm kind of pressed for time at the moment. I'll try to cut down on identical pictures in the future.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 14/02/16:

Hours ago, the dock received word of a Colonial Battlestar uploaded to the Community Content Section. We do now know the size, the stats and the strength of this Colonial Battlestar, but all indications point to Randomo's first battlestar being uploaded to the dock. Admiral Randomo has built this Battlestar that is now the command of the Fleet. He remains aboard the Battlestar Poseidon following the complete upload of the Poseidon in the first few hours of the afternoon. "How? Why?" doesn't really matter now. What does matter is that as of this moment, Randomo has completed his first Battlestar. You've trained for this. You're ready for this. Stand to your duties, trust your fellow shipmates, and we'll all get through this. Further updates as Randomo posts them. Thank you.

Finally done it. My first Battlestar on the dock. The Battlestar Poseidon. She is a beautiful ship that is half the scale she should be. The Poseidon features 2 FTL Drives, 6 Viper MKIII's, 4 Raptors, Numerous turrets, defensive armour piercing effect, 30m power, 6 long range homing missiles. If you download the ship, please tell me if there is anything wrong with it, anything out of place, let me now ASAP. The Battlestar Yashuman from The Plan will be uploaded soon in the future.

Changes to OP:
    + Check List updated
    + Game plan updated
    + Battlestar Poseidon added to downloads

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Whooo!!! Know what I'm testing now!!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455483263,1455482425][/DOUBLEPOST]OK so I'm going to be editing and changing this as I go:
    The ship is amazing. Simply put.
    I notice the elevators have no specific markings or call buttons, that's something I would look into.
    I notice what look like flak guns, but any guns like that don't actually need anything more than 1 blocks because missiles have 1 health
    The rooms are more like individual quarters than duty lockers, look on battlestarwiki for more on that,
    I LOVE the dradis console.
    Port Side Lower Level flight pod elevators do not call from lower level.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455483782][/DOUBLEPOST]In the Pilot's breifing room, the "Red Line" Isn't the cylon border, the "Red Line" is the maximum distance a ship can jump before navigational and calcuation errors exist in the jump solution.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455484049][/DOUBLEPOST]Accidentally launched the Hailfire missiles (Heatseeking) right next to Osiris... Needless to say I'm glad I have dedicated point-defense that target missiles. Of two vollies at close range none got through!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455484381][/DOUBLEPOST]I Stand corrected, there is no dedicated point defense as far as I can tell, so I'd recommend adding some cannon/cannon turrets to the ship, even if just on the sides.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I notice the elevators have no specific markings or call buttons, that's something I would look into.
    Might do so. I think I've mainly gone with Left = Up and Right = Down.

I notice what look like flak guns, but any guns like that don't actually need anything more than 1 blocks because missiles have 1 health
    Yeah, I am working on changing up the turrets so they aren't all C/C. I wish we had flack already :(

The rooms are more like individual quarters than duty lockers, look on battlestarwiki for more on that
    Had a look, I'm redoing 4 rooms into Duty Locker like rooms.

Port Side Lower Level flight pod elevators do not call from lower level.
    I'm having logic problems doing so, but I'll get there.

In the Pilot's breifing room, the "Red Line" Isn't the cylon border, the "Red Line" is the maximum distance a ship can jump before navigational and calcuation errors exist in the jump solution.
    Silly me. Well, I've done my homework, the Armistice Line and the Red Line are completely different things.

I Stand corrected, there is no dedicated point defense as far as I can tell, so I'd recommend adding some cannon/cannon turrets to the ship, even if just on the sides.
    Redoing the turrets at the moment, I'm mixing them up so there will be more missile ones and different cannon ones. Instead of C/C. I will set up some dedicated Point Defence turrets

OK so I'm going to be editing and changing this as I go:
    The ship is amazing. Simply put.
    I LOVE the dradis console.
    Thanks!

As I have stated previously, I'm going to be working on fixing and improving on the Poseidon for a few days before I move on to the other projects.

Last edited:

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 15/02/16:

I have uploaded Version 1.1 of the Battlestar Poseidon. I've fixed the flight pod elevators, editing some interior rooms and changed up the turrets. Aswell as changing the operation from patroling the red line to the armistice line (silly me). Hopefully this will be the last update. Next to come is the non-shielded variant of the Battlestar Poseidon. Soon to follow will be the Battlestar Yashuman (of the same class as the Poseidon, but with a few changes.) from Battlestar Galactica: The Plan.

EDIT:
    All ships now have their none shielded variants uploaded to the dock, apart from the Poseidon.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Might do so. I think I've mainly gone with Left = Up and Right = Down.

Yeah, I am working on changing up the turrets so they aren't all C/C. I wish we had flack already :(

Had a look, I'm redoing 4 rooms into Duty Locker like rooms.

I'm having logic problems doing so, but I'll get there.

Silly me. Well, I've done my homework, the Armistice Line and the Red Line are completely different things.

Redoing the turrets at the moment, I'm mixing them up so there will be more missile ones and different cannon ones. Instead of C/C. I will set up some dedicated Point Defence turrets

Thanks!

As I have stated previously, I'm going to be working on fixing and improving on the Poseidon for a few days before I move on to the other projects.
    Well from what I see good frakin' job! I have two models of heavy turret and one flak turret type that I can send your way if you want. I love the detailing you put into this ship, can't wait to see what you come out with next.

Last edited: