Scorpion Fleet Shipyards (WIP: Battlestar Pegasus)

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'm also on that awkward phase where I'm stuck on how to build some stuff, so too much of my time has been spent redesigning and rebuilding some stuff. I can't wait to see what you come out with!
    I love that phase. I always have many versions of ships saved, makes it easy to pick which ever looks the best. Really does help with ship building.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I love that phase. I always have many versions of ships saved, so it is easy to pick the best one.
    I make copies and just build and if I don't like it I fill it with warheads and warp it to a different systems. Then I go back and start over. It's always a stress relief to watch it blow up.

Reaction score
    Thanks! I checked out your orion class, you have done an amazing job so far! Don't give up on it, I know it maybe easy to now that you have exams going on and such. Work for me is slow going too, I cannot wait till I am doing the Mercury and Jupiter classes - They'll be quite the treat.

So Say We All!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450901938,1450901627][/DOUBLEPOST]

Definitely want to be able to launch vipers. That will be an aim for the bigger battlestars. Unfortunately, with the Valkyrie Classes being that small, and me doing them on half scale, the launch tubes want be possible.

I will upload an experimental launch tube that I am working on to the Starmade Dock in a few days time. Hopefully, through feed back, I'll get ways in which I can improve upon it. So that when I have done the Valkyrie classes, I will redo the Launch tube, perfect it, and then I have something to launch vipers from on the Jupiter and Mercury class Battlestars.

Out of interest, which did you prefer? The Reimagined series or the original - and why?

That's an epic tough question. I liked both but for different reasons. The sotry and acting in the original was great. Because technology was still pretty low (in comparison) they had to rely more on plot and characters. The visual effects...... were so bad lol. So in the original show, EVERY dogfight was the same scene, I'm not joking. Here is some footage and it was re-used in almost every episode, The Hand of God, 1978 Battlestar Galatica.

The new show had a great story up until the end, it felt rushed and (Crap we were gonna do more but the show has gotta close so just make up an ending). The visual effects, bro, ABSOLUTE amaze ballz. I got chills when Galactica jumped into the atmosphere, dumped her fighters, then jumped out.

So yeah I loved both and both had good and bad points :)

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    That's an epic tough question. I liked both but for different reasons. The sotry and acting in the original was great. Because technology was still pretty low (in comparison) they had to rely more on plot and characters. The visual effects...... were so bad lol. So in the original show, EVERY dogfight was the same scene, I'm not joking. Here is some footage and it was re-used in almost every episode, The Hand of God, 1978 Battlestar Galatica.

The new show had a great story up until the end, it felt rushed and (Crap we were gonna do more but the show has gotta close so just make up an ending). The visual effects, bro, ABSOLUTE amaze ballz. I got chills when Galactica jumped into the atmosphere, dumped her fighters, then jumped out.

True, true. Interesting read. Thanks for replying to my question!

EDIT:
    Just remembered, when Galactica looked like it was doomed and the Pegasus jumped in and fired her salvos, I jumped up in the air, did a mini fist pump and said "Frak yeah!" Battlestar Galactica was the first thing I ever watched that actually made me do something like that - another reason as to why it is awesome.

Last edited:

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Get me a Marine Strike Team, in a Raptor, in 5 minutes.
    That is right, I couldn't wait till new Years to release the Raptor. So it is here right now! Pick up yours today whilst doing your last minute Christmas Shopping!
    Download:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/battlestar-galactica-raptor.3943/

You can look forward to the Vipers MKII, MKIII and MKVII tomorrow. Aswell as an update on the progress of the Valkyrie Refit Class Battlestar. Now that the Raptor is released, I will make the Cylon Raider, Heavy Raider and Scar for a New Years Release to go with the lonely Stealthstar.

So say we all!

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 28/1/15

I've completely redone the flight pods from scratch. and the aft of the ship. They both look a lot better now. I've also put in 2 Raptor and 3 Viper MKIII's in each flight pod. Making the ship able to carry 4 Raptors and 6 Viper MKIII's. A couple of weapon systems have been added to the main ship. My next objective is to create and add the turrets of the ship as well as finish the underside of the ship. Unfortunately, it seems that the website I used to get my reference images of the ships has closed down (shipschematics.net/bsg/) so now I am in need of a new one. I've been busy with things for the past few days, but work on the shipyard will be back to normal on the 4th of January. You can still expect to see the Stealthstar, Raider and Heavy Raider to be uploaded to the dock on new years though :).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Holy Crap this looks awesome!! Look into refitting your turrets with slabs, it makes them lower profile and generally look better, plus you can make your whole ship less blocky that way. Also look into putting a thin layer of slab over the missile batteries so that the starmade missile texture isn't showing and you have a layer of armor when the ship is damaged. Or maybe a logic controlled door that slides off the missile tubes when you want to fire and slides back when you're not firing. With the new magnetic docking, maybe you can make a small fleet of rails at the back of your flight pod for combat landings, where you can just crash down on your flight pod and stay stationary. All in all, this looks awesome! Great work so far!

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Holy Crap this looks awesome!! Look into refitting your turrets with slabs, it makes them lower profile and generally look better, plus you can make your whole ship less blocky that way. Also look into putting a thin layer of slab over the missile batteries so that the starmade missile texture isn't showing and you have a layer of armor when the ship is damaged. Or maybe a logic controlled door that slides off the missile tubes when you want to fire and slides back when you're not firing. With the new magnetic docking, maybe you can make a small fleet of rails at the back of your flight pod for combat landings, where you can just crash down on your flight pod and stay stationary. All in all, this looks awesome! Great work so far!
    Thank you. Yeah, the turrets need those slabs to look goooood. With the missile batteries, I don't know. I like the missile texture. I'm considering putting doors on the top of them.

Fiddling around with the CIC, this is how the CIC looks when the CO and XO aren't on duty:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451562587,1451559475][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Update:
    Update as of 31/12/15:
    + Added Scar to the Starmade Dock: https://starmadedock.net/content/battlestar-galactica-scar-cylon-raider-mark-ii.3989/

+ Added Starbuck's Cylon Raider MKII to the Starmade Dock: https://starmadedock.net/content/battlestar-galactica-starbucks-cylon-raider-mark-ii.3988/

+ Added Cylon Raider MKII to the Starmade Dock: https://starmadedock.net/content/battlestar-galactica-scar-cylon-raider-mark-ii.3989/
    BSG Cylon Raider:

Cylon Heavy Raider + Colonial Stealthstar will be uploaded to the dock tomorrow. Added all 3 new ships to the Downloads section of the OP, changed status of ships from WIP to done/finished. Finally! Something to shoot at...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Nice! Does the DRADIS console lower or raise? That'd be a cool bit of logic.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Nice! Does the DRADIS console lower or raise? That'd be a cool bit of logic.
    The DRADIS console can be lowered and raised by two blocks either way. The Up & Down buttons are located on the CO/XO desk table thing that Adama and Tigh usually party at in the CIC.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The DRADIS console can be lowered and raised by two blocks either way. The Up & Down buttons are located on the CO/XO desk table thing that Adama and Tigh usually party at in the CIC.
    NICE! I was hoping that you did that.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 1/1/2016

A Happy New Years to all of you. I hope 2016 brings a good year for Starmade, and grants me with enough time to finish most, if not all, of this shipyard. Another years rolls by, just like that. Quick isn't it? 2015 had its ups and downs, but overall I think it was a good year for many of us. Here's to 2016, may it bring good fortune to all of us.

So Say We All!

Now, about this Shipyard. I've been very busy with Christmas and the holidays, so work has been slow. Though work will be resumed on the Shipyard beginning 4th of January. I expect to have release the Valkyrie Class Refit Battlestar by the end of the month, and to have at least started on the Battlestar Valkyrie Class. Shipschematics.net is back up, which means I need no longer search for reference pictures on google, hopefully it stays up this time. The Mercury Class Battlestar I expect to be working on around April time.

Viper MKII, Viper MKIII, Viper MKVII, Raptor, Cylon Raider MKII, Starbuck's Cylon Raider MKII, "Scar" Cylon Raider MKII. 7 ships are done. The Stealth Star will be uploaded momentarily after this post is finished. Unfortunately, I accidentally /destroy_entity'edmy Cylon Heavy Raider - R.I.P - I'll have to rebuild it and release it on a future date, it happened when I pit Scar against a Viper MKII and a MKVII. In terms of small ships, I want to do the Colonial Blackbird, Cylon War Raider aswell. Making it a total of 10 strike craft - 70% completed. They'll be built and released later in the Year, for now, my focus is on the Battlestar Valkyrie Class and Battlestar Valkyrie Refit Class.

[DOUBLEPOST=1451675903,1451674669][/DOUBLEPOST]Couple of screenshots from the Scar Battle:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451676645][/DOUBLEPOST]+ Added Stealthstar to the Starmade Dock: https://starmadedock.net/content/battlestar-galactica-stealthstar.3998/

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Update:
    Update as of 24/1/2016

Works been slow on the Valkyrie Class Refit due to my homework load. It's been calming down a bit, so I have managed to squeeze in enough time to post an update. I've added a few turrets to the ship, they're small, but they should be enough to tackle the Cylon Raiders whilst the ships main guns focus on bigger threats. I have also added a lot to the underside, since I had no reference pictures of the under belly I went with what I knew. I tried making it look similar to Galactica's aft with the detail, e.g. pipes. I hope I'll find enough time to complete the exterior by the end of next week and to have done most, if not all of the interior. I'm looking to release the ship in late January/early February.

I must say I'm quite proud of my Cylon raider, the look is nearly spot on. If you see in a few of the images where the Battlestar Valkyrie looks like it is being chased by Cylon Raiders in the background.

Yes, that is a ship modelled after Toast in the background as well, don't question it.

Edit: Oh, here's an interesting read I thought I'd share as to why Galactica has no shields:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BSG/comments/4114mz/why_doesnt_the_galactica_have_shields/

Last edited:

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    BSG universe makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside everytime.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Oh jeez I'm falling behind, I need to pick up my pace! Excellent work, man!

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Whoa, that's awesome! You gonna release it when it's done?
    Thank you. Yes, it definitely will make a combat jump to the dock once completed. When it is finished, I will mess around with it for 1 to 2 days to test it out. Then I will upload it to the dock, after this I will be ready to fix anything wrong with it for a few days before I start with the Battlestar Valkyrie.

Oh jeez I'm falling behind, I need to pick up my pace! Excellent work, man!
    Thank you. I feel you, I have the same problems. I can't wait for your ship/s though, don't give up.

Little Problem:

When I do release the ship, I need a tagline for when it is put up on the CC. For my BSG taglines, I choose a suitable quote for the ship. A quote from a memorable part of the series where the ship was scene. E.g. the Stealthstar's tagline is "Krypter! Krypter! Krypter!" quoted from Bulldog. I rewatched the opening scenes of Battlestar Galactica: The Plan and couldn't get any memorable quotes, maybe there is some in the miniseries Cylon attack scenes. I am thinking about using We're going in hot! from Battlestar Galactica: The Plan's dialog during the start of the Cylon attack against the 12 Colonies, but I don't thing it's really that good.

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Just thought I'd share this, since there isn't much Battlestar Galactica related content in the CC: Battlestar Gaius - Battlestar Gaius (Fan made not canon, just to clarify) by Pacific_Jim, she looks beautiful and I can't wait to take her for a combat jump after I finish this post :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    As a tagline for a ship, maybe "Launch the Alert Vipers", or something similar, and for what ships specifically are you looking for lines for?

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    As a tagline for a ship, maybe "Launch the Alert Vipers", or something similar, and for what ships specifically are you looking for lines for?
    I think I'll go with We're going in hot in the end, since it was the only line that stood out from the dialog.
    I need taglines for these ships:

-Cylon War Raider (MKI)
    -Cylon Heavy Raider
    -Basestar/Baseship
    -Guardian Baseship
    -Cylon War Baseship