Scanner Computer activation via logic

Allow logic to activate scanner computers, like other computer modules?

• Yes

Votes: 15 44.1%
    • No

Votes: 18 52.9%
    • I'm a griefer, don't break my ability to break the game for others!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Trolling: for being insulting
    Actually, no. The most effective fighting tactic for small ships versus large ships is to get into knife fighting range, as large ships will be unable to outturn you. Jamming is primarily something activated if the big ship manages to get its guns on you, allowing you to escape back into its blindspot before it can lock onto you if it's using missile systems, and for the initial approach on the large ship.
    With a logic scanner setup scanning every second or 2, something that would be incredibly easy to set up, this sort of maneuver becomes completely worthless to even attempt.

What's your fighting experience in this game? You don't seem to have much experience with real combat in this game, so I would advise against making statements on it.
    unsure if you're actually unable to conceive of the English-language tenses I used, So I'll Clarify one presumption you're working off of here that's wrong:
    You are talking "current most useful" I'm pointing out "the use that would occur, if logic scanners screwed up yer knife-fight jamming/cloaking." Do re-read the post you quoted in that context.
    In case you still don't get the logical extension of that: Stealth-combat would change, but not be utterly useless. DO try to keep up.
    I have plenty of combat experience. My best throw-weight win is 10:1 out-massed odds. In a knife-fight scenario I'd personally consider shield-drain and stop-cannons to more important in out-massed maneuvering battles than a poor-man's-cloak. But that's me, and the finer details of pew pew aren't related much beyond: logic scanning wouldn't do more than a competent multy-player action in close proximity(same sector) knife-fights.

If your personal flight ability can't cope with that change, if it's not "EZ Mode" enough for you to out-class-fight without melee-range-invisibility, I think that says a lot about your flight tactics. It ALSO sounds like BALANCE to me.

Pick up a wing-commander game or two. Do their tutorials. Learn J-burns and common Newtonian tricks. Then learn how they become insanely OP in starmade's "set your own vectors" omidirectional thrust system with close ranges.. I think YOUR combat experience is showing, lil bro :)

Spy from the next sector over? Don't be ridiculous. On servers with even remotely large sectors, it would take AGES to cross the gap in build mode, and you're not gaining much useful information if you're just looking at basic stats and mass from a sector away.
    Sounds like "QQ no EZmode" to me. Yup, think I called it. Fundimental difference in what we call "balanced information control.". You're telling me you wouldn't want to prevent exactly that from other (enemy) players against you/your faction, or at least make it tedious and difficult or costly? Especially with how scanners and the G-map FoW works now, your expressed view troubles me.

No, I've already thought through those options and know how and why they wouldn't work. I only replied to your suggestion of "recon in force" because that's the only one you made, and I'm not going to waste my time typing up why options that no one has even mentioned wouldn't work.

Additionally, lolz xDDDD le funny self-identify me-mes, xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

What kind of moron has non-homebase bases? I don't think any faction I've ever been part of or can even think of off the top of my head has had faction-sanctioned extra storage bases. Any smart faction that absolutely needs to just hides fleets in the middle of nowhere, rather than using a pointless station.

And, no, you're absolutely wrong, "lag hell" isn't even there up until absolutely massive faction bases ever since the incredible docking optimizations Schema added a while back. This is assuming you have even a remotely structured faction leadership to keep a maximum of 1 to 2 ships per person (1 faction warship, 1 personal ship if you just ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY need one) and a shared mining fleet, and rules against laggy personal ships.

Medium-sized factions are not as common as small or large factions because your numbers are twisted. 1-2 player factions are rarely really factions, they're just solo/partners who need a place to keep their stuff.
    So that just leaves the medium factions and the large factions. So why are medium factions so rare? Because any successful medium faction will become a large faction due to their fame, and any unsuccessful medium faction will decay, shedding members and fleet power, and eventually disband. Medium factions are rare because they stop being medium factions, not because the game doesn't have logic scanners to defend bases that those medium factions should not even have or need in the first place.
    Sounds like the factions you're part of have left you with a sadly small scope of experience. Sucks to be you. "What kind of moron has non-homebase bases?" really underlines that. It also underlines the best reason for logic'd scanners. You can have a different opinion all you like, but do tell me you follow that simple level of brain-cell rubbing.

Docking lag is but a small part of home-base hell. The "laggy personal ships" part is indeed one facet. There's PLENTY that leads to home base hell and thus plenty of reasons to expand and satellite.