Saber's Thread

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Actually, thinking more on the explosive collars, maybe a net-gun (like the one from Running man) instead?

- If successfully shot you're transported to a nearby ship which uses a unique type of undeathinator and / or a specially setup transporter where you will be kept as a prisoner for say... 24 hours?
    In that time you would be unable to suicide / spawn back to your base (or maybe lose everything on you if you did - server config options perhaps).
    While captive, you do not generate FP and cannot control your fleets etc. This would allow for interrogation / negotiation of a release deal etc.

Probably more to think on with this, but i need coffee.
    I can just see the grief storm brewing... How about this instead?

- Get shot by ship-mounted weapons and reach 0% health and you die.

- Get shot by personal weapons and reach 0% health and you become "stunned" for 5 minutes and drop whatever weapons/items you had in your hotbar (you keep the rest; including the torch, if not equipped... :sneaky:). Your captor can physically move you to a prison cell, transporter, etc. but must do so before you recover and use your suit's fabricator to break out of your restraints. "Imprisonment" occurs when you are surrounded on all six sides by solid physical blocks while stunned.

- If he succeeds in taking you to prison, you can either try to break out or respawn at your base; forfeiting all your individually earned faction points for that day to your captor. You will have the option to "rescue" yourself to regain those lost points.

- Also, skip the light saber and make the fabricator act as a melee weapon for when you are unarmed.

Your thoughts gentlemen?

Reactions: Sachys

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Your captor can physically move you to a prison cell, transporter, etc. but must do so before you recover and use your suit's fabricator to break out of your restraints.
    I suppose a "net gun" would work like that (much like in the real world).

Dave fishing anybody?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Capturing astronauts is stupid and annoying. Anyone with two braincells to rub together can make an inescapable cell. Make it NPC crew only if you're going to make something like this.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Why have items specifically for capturing astronauts, anyways? With proper death penalties, a good 'ol group of snipers should be enough to encourage cooperation. If you don't get in the Space FBI van, they loot your remains and try to abduct you again, elsewhere.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Why have items specifically for capturing astronauts, anyways? With proper death penalties, a good 'ol group of snipers should be enough to encourage cooperation. If you don't get in the Space FBI van, they loot your remains and try to abduct you again, elsewhere.
    Some people work solo on thier bounties.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I presume items for capturing astronauts would work on NPCs? Now I'm imagining a POW exchange between two factions at war!

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Gotta say... I'm really liking kiddan's sniper idea.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If we get a net gun it has to be an energy net.

That way it has to "recharge" so people don't just troll others by shooting them everytime the timer ends and they can escape. The gun has to take longer to recharge than it takes for others to escape.

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    If we get a net gun it has to be an energy net.

That way it has to "recharge" so people don't just troll others by shooting them everytime the timer ends and they can escape. The gun has to take longer to recharge than it takes for others to escape.
    Just make everyone Riddick

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How about s ghost busters style trap? Prison and transport in one.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Being able to essentially lock a player out of the game for an indeterminate amount of time sounds like a greeeeeeeeeeeeat feature...

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Being able to essentially lock a player out of the game for an indeterminate amount of time sounds like a greeeeeeeeeeeeat feature...
    Indeed. The penultimate griefing tool for the penultimate troll.

And people wonder why there are so many players who avoid PVP.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Don't we already have that in the form of bugs. ;-)

Maybe an imprisonment system/mechanic could be fun in PVP. Maybe a prison undeathinator. Adminwise, maybe have the player initially spawn there upon incarceration instead of banning them. This would give them the chance of a early release either through PVP mechanics or breakout.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    When should we be expecting the new power system? im really into the game but not knowing how to build something sucks as a builder
    I can't give you a set date, but it isn't far off, Schema has been working hard on it and it's been progressing even faster than he first anticipated lately.

Actually, thinking more on the explosive collars, maybe a net-gun (like the one from Running man) instead?

- If successfully shot you're transported to a nearby ship which uses a unique type of undeathinator and / or a specially setup transporter where you will be kept as a prisoner for say... 24 hours?
    In that time you would be unable to suicide / spawn back to your base (or maybe lose everything on you if you did - server config options perhaps).
    While captive, you do not generate FP and cannot control your fleets etc. This would allow for interrogation / negotiation of a release deal etc.

Probably more to think on with this, but i need coffee.
    How about s ghost busters style trap? Prison and transport in one.
    A net gun isn't going to happen, some sort of stun device maybe but isn't super likely. A ghost busters style trap would also be unbalanced, as others have expressed in this thread, such as what Atra said:
    So if (and keep in mind this is a big if) we had some sort of restraint or stun system, we would need it to be temporary, just long enough to get them to a cell or turned in for a bounty. This is just me spit-balling ideas, so isn't something the dev team has discussed at any length but it comes down to game balance as to whether something like that would ever be developed for the game.

Reactions: kiddan

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So if (and keep in mind this is a big if) we had some sort of restraint or stun system, we would need it to be temporary, just long enough to get them to a cell or turned in for a bounty. This is just me spit-balling ideas, so isn't something the dev team has discussed at any length but it comes down to game balance as to whether something like that would ever be developed for the game.
    The unfreedomator block combined with the Imprisonator gun. ;)
    • Faction based
    • Improsonator tied to unfreedomator with a beam like we do connecting gates or transporters.
    • player gets shot with imprisonator and spawns at selected/connected unfreedomator.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    A net gun isn't going to happen, some sort of stun device maybe but isn't super likely.
    that works for me (covers the broad idea).

also, hows that explosive collar working out? - itchy? ;D