[RP] Tectum Clementia [Hardcore]

Reaction score
    I didn\'t intend for this character to be OP, as I\'d like to see if this concept can be made to work within the rules.

For one, my character isn\'t supposed to be that superior. Just that they\'re made to interface with a bio-technological ship matching their implants. They wouldn\'t have things like augmented strength, reflexes, or such. They wouldn\'t even be able to interface with other vessels unless they had a compatible bio-technological interface system, which is doubtful due to its specific make. On the off-chance that they *could* interface with another vessel, there\'d still be the risk of the Drone Swarm.

The ship they\'re designed to interface with is a bio-tech construct. It would initially be the fighter/shuttle (1+ crew) size, but if it got bigger than that, they\'d still need an appropriately sized crew as per the standard rules. In that case, there\'d be quarters and stations for the crew to use, even if my character would be the primary control for the ship.

The tech is actually more towards biological, but includes grown metallic components. That\'s what I meant by bio-technological. More bio-tech or technorganic than mechanical. It wouldn\'t really be compatible with other, standard types of technology. They\'d still have to use any other ship normally.

Reaction score
    You\'re missing something. Check the rules of the first post carefully to find it.

Edit: Approved... though you will need to talk to Ixalite about being Tano. They are NPCs and I don\'t handle them.

Reaction score
    Nuetral

Name: 6of10

Species: borg ((hopefully, im asking for permission, it would technically be human, but with some mechanical addons, if not, I guess human.))

Bio: ((for the borg option, see bio2 for human bio if needed)) I am unit number 6of10 of collective 34, cube number 7957. I have been wandering the universe in search of a new life, ever since I failed to defend my collective in the enderman attack. I was abandoned in space, with no resorces at hand exept my cybernetics, which I reconfigured into an ion firearm, for self defence. I have been slowly dying for many years, and may be dangerous apon revival. not knowing that this cluster that i will soon find frouns apon non-humans and abhumans, I procede to explore. what will happen to me remains unknown.

plans: play to the above bio

bio2: ((human backup option)) I am a lone rouge known as six, which is what everyone calls me, because ive managed to flunk out of six space academies before finally going into a new one and staying. I\'ve never been much of a designer, and im no good with industries, but I am good with a small fast weaponized ship. I\'m also good at crashing, so if i get a ramming ship, it may be great.

After 3 years at the academy, I was kidnapped by some pirates. I managed to ecape, but I had no idea where I was. I saw a shop, and headed straigt for it, that was when I blacked out.

plans: same, follow above bio and keep going from there.

other: bella detesta matribus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No Borg, Cylons, Klingons, Time Lords, or any other species or origin with implied power. Only Real power, gained through gameplay is permitted. Talk to Rowan (Atuarre) about being half machine, but I advise against it.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Real quick, just checking, is my ship still sitting at the shop? And also, im really busy building my contest ship for a contest, but i will be back to finish a shipyard and my ship eventually!

Reaction score
    My borg character is no one with real power, all the gadgets I have salvaged to make my firearm, I have no regenorative property, my nanos are all but dead, im basicly a human being that just looks different because I have replacement limbs.

If that doesn\'t work, I did put in a bio for a human character, might want to check it out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: Kaiden Privus

?Age: 25

Species: “Human” Clone

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Bio: Kaiden was born in a cloning device at the planet Tilour.
    ((I could write some lore about the planet. I’m thinking rebels /pirates and civilians who weren’t “human” enough to be accepted by the Ephebe ended up here.))

He was supposed to have implanted neuro-memory, specifically made to create obedient slaves. But someone changed the data which uploaded neuro-memory on this cloning device. This caused the clone to have the name Kaiden (Privus) in his mind instead of Brian B6.
    Maybe the saboteur uploaded his own memory in the machine. Some data remained corrupt which caused Kaiden to not know much of his fake past.

The cloning device was bought by Ephebe rebels through the black market. Kaiden spent 3 years working as a slave under the name Brian B6, learning all he could about the rebels, while waiting for the chance to escape.

One day Kaiden managed to get access to the hangar. He stole a ship with a cloaking device and fled simply by saying he was assigned to sell it.
    Lost and confused he travels onwards in search of something to fill his Fames enim cognitio motus.

Initial Plans: Gain knowledge and trust in all the leading factions.
    -Scavange and sell ships.
    -Be engaged in politics and lore related events

Reaction score
    Name: Lancer (Lancer)

Species: Human

Alignment: Neutral (Cold and resentful, but cares about those he comes to know)

Bio: Lancer was a cadet earlier in his life compared to others, a true prodigium. His love of space eventually led him to command a DSF (Deep Space Federation) corvette. He rose through the ranks quickly, becoming a cruiser captain at only 26. He commanded a substantial force which had defeated many fleets and successfully sieged many planets.

One fateful day, his ship, the DSF Starhawk, was attacked by the rival of the DSF, the GMA (Galactic Military Alliance), with a fleet of 1 carrier (the Sunbeam), carrying 6 fighters and 5 bombers, 2 frigates (Vengeance and Wrath), as well as 6 destroyers. The DSF fleet was comprised of the Starhawk, 4 frigates (Glory, Victory, Courage, and Valor), 5 destroyers, 9 fighters, and 6 bombers. At the time, much of the DSF\'s fleet was being refueled, and with weapons offline. 2 fighters from Sunbeam made the first contact, and they ambushed a DSF bomber scouting the area. At this point, the GMA destroyers fired upon the spotted target, Glory, and destroyed it. The DSF ships managed to leave drydock after losing 2 fighters and another bomber. The Starhawk fired a salvo at the Vengeace, putting the weapons director out of action and forcing the ship to break off the action. The Victory and Courage were nearly simultaneously hit by fire from GMA destroyers, and Victory was put out of action. The DSF destroyers manged to destroy 4 of them before concentrating fire on the Sunbeam, which replied with accurate turret fire, destroying 2 destroyers and damaging the other 3. By this time, all of the DSF\'s fighters and bombers had been destroyed, while the GMA had only lost 2 fighters and a bomber. Valor suddenly veered out of control, its bridge having been hit. It was subsequently destroyed by GMA bombers. With the DSF\'s destroyers and frigates all either too heavily damaged to fight or destroyed, the GMA\'s forces concentrated on the Starhawk. The reactor went critical after sustaining 3 missile hits and dozens of small laser blasts, and Captain Lancer gave the order to abandon ship. Moments after his escape pod left the ship, the reactor gave out, creating a huge explosion that ignited the fuel supplies and magazine. In the debris, Lancer saw only one escape pod left, but half of it was lacerated, the other a battered mess. A stray laser blast later hit it. Unbeknownst to Lancer, the GMA also laid siege to 3 planets and attacked 2 other DSF fleets at the same time of his ship\'s destruction. Lancer still drifts in his escape pod, 8 years since his fleet\'s destruction, awaiting rescue.

Initial Plans: Get rescued (I am going to build a ship, go to a random sector, deconstruct it, and build an escape pod, and then broadcast distress signals to simulate this), join a crew, later on build my own ship.

Reaction score
    Character Name: Barry Atomsk (Atomsk)

?Age: 26

Species: Tano

Bio: Barry Atomsk was a small lad living a peaceful life when his family was slaughtered in front of him by pirates. His futile attempts to stop the absurd level of violence these pirates were inflicting on his family was met with much laughter from the pirate captain, who decided to keep Barry alive because, as we all know, pirates are jerks. Barry kept his hatred deep within himself as he tried to continue his life with nothing but the goal of killing pirates to keep him going. His favorite saying that he kept with him throughout childhood is \"Age Quod Adis\", and he intends to become an expert in his field.

Fast forward in time and Barry in now a fully licensed pilot, with a minor in journalism. While making a routine flight to gather more pirate skulls he ran across another Tano, named Xemion, who was in the midst of battling pirates. After stealing his kills and proving that he is the better pirate hater, Barry offered to buy him a drink. After learning that Xemion actually gets paid for killing pirates, and not just in satisfaction, Barry signed on immediately, and quit his old job at the junkyard.

If this has not gotten across to the readers, Barry is quite insane when it comes to pirates, but otherwise a normal guy. Unless you\'re a pirate.

Initial Plans: Acquire a ship, build a base, put the fear of god into all pirate, and if not god then a fear of Barry. Then through a convoluted RP experience, turn into an anti-hero and become the Pirate King Atomsk and turn all pirates across the universe into a stable and respected monarchy based on honor. I mean climb the corporate ladder and land a six figure income, with a full dental plan. But mainly the first three things listed, ship, base, pirate murder. (Very lucrative business)

Reaction score
    Character Name: Wyndelwar

?Age: Unknown, state of body suggests around 30

Species: Human/Space-barbarian degenerate, leftover from the Terran Hegenomy genetical engineering era.

Bio: The being that can be called Wyndelwar was sleeping in cryostacis in a ancient junkjard when scavangers woke him up. He is not a prime example of the Terran Hegenomy\'s genetic modifications, so he quickly fled the scene in a improvised spaceship made out of trash and waste. Since then he has flying around, picking up radiosignals and other information, trying to blend in and learn about the world as it is today. In the outer sectors that are ruled by spacepirates he flew in a big black ship, and gained some reputation by the uncivilised humans living there, which made life easier.

But with the recent rise of the piracy he has fled towards Ephebe, where hopefully he will be able to stay hidden from both the Xenophobic government and the fanatical pirates.

An unwilling loner, Wyndelwar has turned towards science and history instead. He collects samples, searches for old technology and trades for information.

Initial Plans: Create a science vessel- The Melodion, explore the sectors, stay alive, make a friend, find the Source of the Melodicarmum.

Reaction score
    It sounds like the DSF and GMA are military empires, right in the middle ir right next to Ephebian space, which has been there for ... hundreds of years?

Reaction score
    Well, it\'s Deep Space Federation, I was thinking along the lines of drifting among the stars, eventually ending up near the Ephebian space. Or they could be military powers on the edge of the cluster.

EDIT: By military powers I mean solar system size nations

Reaction score
    Approved, though, being Tano will mean needing to talk with Ixalite for a hook-up.

Reaction score
    Approved, then, so long as we don\'t have to integrate the existence of two major empires into the lore. Got enough stuff going on.

Reaction score
    I have another question or two, which I realized I should ask about while I was working on my application.

Would it be acceptable to have the Ephebe military involved in this kind of character\'s background, especially if it didn\'t necessarily reflect the stance and opinions of the entire military or its command? Rogue operation, for example.

Additionally, would it be acceptable if the character/ship was created, then later be presented to the Ephebe military as a possible method of combating the Drone Swarm threat, due to a possible advantage being seen in their design? The people involved in the project don\'t know for certain if this effort would be successful, so it would be a bit of a shot in the dark.