[RP] Tectum Clementia [Hardcore]

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmm, I need an admin to inspect the Red Queen then.

Reaction score
    Vice Admiral and acting Commissar Skylend: The pirates local to what is now The Rendii Empire\'s dominion has attacked our standing emmissary and diplomat, resulting in the destruction of their ace fighter craft and the death of our Ace, and diplomat, Thren Darfield. THIS ACTION WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED. the punishments for this act perpretrated is death by Firing line. We are aware these pirates have been a long time problem for Ephebe, but the Rendii Empire will not sit idly by as the death of our diplomat goes unavenged. We will be invading and laying waste and death to the Pirate base and said Pirates, We do not care for Ephebe law in this matter, we are taking this into our own hands, Ephebe and her citizens are not encouraged to stay away, in Fact, Come join us in our Emperor\'s fury!

For the Glorious Rendii Empire! Long live the Emperor! may he live eternal!

The event will take place THIS FRIDAY (not Tonight, forgive my idiocy) around 8-10pm EST (because that is the only time I really can keep track of.. basically around the time everyone INCLUDING Ixalite is on.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Rumor has it that we have upset some clan or group or other, and things might actually come to blows. Persons wishing to be owed a favor should bring armed warships to 14 -6 9, but call ahead first so we know not to kill you. Our reach is great, and our funding considerable. Apropos of nothing, there may soon be a vacancy on the Ephebian council of seven.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thank you rowan for your help in codifying these rules. I support this completely, and would like to add that you have to have a RP qualified ship to participate in events or player interaction, which is the whole point of the server. You WILL be warned, and if you are stubborn, your ship will be deleted.

RP FIRST! POWERGAMERS, YE BE WARNED!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i have to be away for a while, so just assume Ren had an emergency medical condition that put her in emergency cryo-ICU.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The Red Queen still needs a proper medbay and messhall adding before it can properly be considered a \'Heavy Destroyer.\'

I still feel the need to dispute this because of the size of the actual ship is still rather small, and most of the bulk on the ship comes from non-combat dedicated systems, being the reactors and engines. I don\'t feel that cost is a very effective way of determining the role and class of a ship as by the time I\'m finished upgrading the armour, the ship may very well pass into Light Cruiser territory, yet look exactly the same in terms of size, shape, mass and weapons loadout, yet I\'ll still need to install extra bunk space and more rooms. This just doesn\'t seem logical to me at all.

Reaction score
    when I hear it like that it doesn\'t sound all that effective... kind of sounds the Categorization through Cost is being counterproductive and harmful than helpful or a good guideline. I don\'t want to run risks of building a small corvette and pushing it into Frigate size and then eat up all the space for bunks, medbay, and other stuff. I already have enough troubles wrapping my brain around making a good but still nice looking ship to begin with. I don\'t want to be scared into making them crappy or ugly because of my self imposed space constraints coupled with the money categorization.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I\'ve been thinking a little more about it and crunching some numbers... I think the current price restrictions would work if hard hulls were cheeper and had a higher armor %. Then you could actual choose to use hard hulls instead if shields. With the current cost of hard hulls you can\'t cover a ship with them at all. My larger ship had a 13000 block shell. If I used hard hulls instead the cost would be roughly 15million. That\'s before weapons, engines, power and an interior and no shields. So that leaves me 10 mill to finish the ship and keep it in the destroyer class range... And it\'s not a very big ship to begin with.

i understand the need to keep ships in line and agree with it and I also get that cost is the only quantifiable thing the admins have to look at. A ship can cost a lot and not be overpowered. Maybe use the price as a sort of \"this looks suspicious\" indicator to the admins rather then a hard restriction? Maybe use rule of thumb restrictions as general building guidelines. Ex: your big heavily armed and armored ship needs to be supper slow, or your big fast ship needs to have less armor and weak weapons. Just some further thoughts...

Sent this his real quick from my phone so I appoligize if it sounds funny heh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: Regidor Octavius (SGT_Doodie)

?Age: 32

Species: Human

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Bio:

Regidor was born on a somewhat unremarkable colony. Beginning his military career as an unremarkable cadet. his interest in the military began with his father. being a captain of the local militia, he seldom had time with his family but always came home with tales of pirates and smugglers. one day, a larger than usual band of pirates attacked his home. as the militia rose up to defend their land and loved ones, the pirates opened fire on militia captain Octavian\'s vessel. a stray missile shattered the glass protecting him from the cold vaccum of space. it was then that Regidor swore to eradicate such unlawful acts.

Beginning his career as an unremarkable cadet, Regidor went through six years of an uneventful career patrolling the various systems under military control and providing humanitarian assistance to colonies suffering from various threats to their well-being aboard the Caritate Peccatorum. it was during one such mission that a group of marauding pirates ambushed the Caritate Peccatorum. in the opening volley she was left with most systems heavily damaged. Regidor realized what was going on as soon as the pirates struck. he immediately boarded a Fighter and launched from the hangar, hiding behind debris and drifting when possible. a few of his comrades joined him mirroring his plan. as soon as the pirates were too close to manouver away from any threats, Regidor gave the command to target engines and weapon systems. by the end of the battle, the only fighter remaining was Regidor\'s, although, not without serious damage to both the vessel and his own mortal frame. after recovering he had recieved medals, and lost a leg along with his career. he still seeks to carry out his oath, but it will be some time before he can have a militia of his own.

Initial Plans: Bring order to the far reaches of human civilization.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Character Name: Numinak Albanati (Numinak)

?Age: 36

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Bio: Ab initio, Numinak had been the black sheep of his asteroid minin clan. Always striving to achieve his own goals against the wishes of the rest, he caused a lot of friction with his ways. It all came to a head as he entered his third decade of life, and had tried to sneak off with a small load of precious metals to sell for his own ends. In the process of loading a spare shuttle, he was caught and handed over to the family\'s council for judgement.

The decree against him shunned him from the clan, and ejected him from their membership. From him all worldly goods would be stripped as pennance for his current and all past mis-deeds. And as final insult, he was to be dropped off at the nearest trading post to fend for himself, without even the creds to buy a meal.

At first dismayed, Numinak quickly gathered himself and put his own plans into motion. All those years spent pilfering without being caught hadn\'t been for naught, and he managed to arrange to have all he needed waiting for him at the station when he was dropped off.

Once there all that he had saved and scrounged turned out to be worth very little, as the cost of living outside of the clan was considerably higher than he had ever anticipated. Still, it was enough to at least get him started, and he just had to hope his smarts were enough to keep him alive as he joined the rest of the galaxy\'s rat-race.

Initial Plans: To start, he will attempt to at least get a small shuttle, something to allow him to visit asteroids that haven\'t been claimed and try to restart work on what he knows, mining. From there he\'ll have to wait and see, watch the events of the galaxy unfold to find if there is greater money to be had than in his current expertise.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, a good example would be say you have two fighters. One is made simply, composed of normal hull, the power to run it, engines, minimal weapons, some missiles, one crew. It fits snuggly in the fighter catorgory in the wiki, no one disputes this and everyone is happy.

But the second fighter is made out off hard hull, and has some shield generators to increase it\'s defenses. The added cost pushes this into the corvette catogory, meaning the ship has to be expanded out, even though the two fighters look the same and fullfill the exact same role, the difference being that one of them is more advanced than the other, but the cost system means the entire thing has to be pratically rebuilt so it doesn\'t break the rules.

In most modern day ship classifications, destroyers are usually the same size of a frigate, or smaller, but what matters is the role it\'s designed for, and the weapons it carries. Many times, it\'s not even unheard of for fighter planes to cost more than ships.

I\'d hate to be THAT person, but I really do feel that it\'s counterproductive.

Reaction score
    If you don\'t like having your 35M credit ship called a Heavy Destroyer, then why not just call it whatever? It\'s a tier 6 ship, it needs tier 6 IC accomodations. Heavy Destroyer is just an example class name. If you want to call it a frigate? Call it a frigate. Call it a Strike Cruiser. Call it a Rumblebox. I don\'t honestly care, as long as it has everything a tier 6 ship needs to be IC and fits the cost limit.

If, on the other hand, you want it to only have 1 crew member, one chair, in one cockpit, in a tier 6 ship, with no other IC accomodations because it\'s entirely shooty-bits, then we have a problem. I think most of this issue is really that people don\'t want to bother filling their ships with IC interiors, and would rather just build like they are used to on pvp servers.

It\'s ... a role-play server, folks. Not a pvp server. Ship scales here are smaller, things need to be built with IC shipyards at IC bases, with IC interiors. It says RP and Hardcore right there in the server title.

My two cents,

Rowan

Edit: The above being said, if someone needs examples of what I consider minimal IC accomodations, and how I build them (often very compactly), I am perfectly happy to give tours of the ships I have on the server.

Reaction score
    I think the changes are a good balance, it helps level out the playing field so the ships are similar, and it requires more skill or reinforcements to stay in battle.

Armor does work very well on the server at the moment, very well. And the cost for AMC\'s help that. Even with large turrets its hard to break through armor, and battles are extended, allowing more IC dialogue to open up in battle.

Perhaps the budgets should be extended a little bit, but not much. The classifications are fine, you can have a high-tech shield ship, or a heavily armored ship. Shields are better against missiles, armor is better against amc\'s, it all balances out.

I think tough Ixalite maybe we should think about special exclusions for certain ships, like the Red Queen. But people have to apply for it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There have been increased sightings of an unknown type of ships, bearing some form of high technology defenses. The ESN is VERY interested in acquiring an example of this technology.

((List of active NPC groups:

1. Pirates. Led by Beard, they seek to take over the Ephebe cluster and otherwise gain wealth and power.

2. Rendii Empire. Led by VADM_Skylend, they are humans seeking to establish a new homeland. Tend to overreact to threats. Ships all taken from Homeworld 2.

3. Drone Swarm. A group of extremely High-tech AI, they have been encountered by Ephebe before almost two hundred years ago, and driven off with heavy losses to the navy. Ships are Dense armored spheres. If they dock to your ship, or you put the AI module from one ANYWHERE on your ship, they take over.

4.Dreen. Fungoid aliens, mostly unknown except that containing the basic spread fungus is nearly impossible.

5. (new) the Tano. Human sized oxygen breathing humanoids of high technology. They regard Humans with amused disdain, and have EXTREMELY high tech shields and engines. They may have some FTL capability. They have a custom force field block that makes them resistant to AMC. If you would like to join the Tano, apply with that as your species. You will start a long way from Ephebe, with different starting equipment, which you should get from an admin. You will be required to conform to different building codes.

Reaction score
    Name: Sophie Winters (NebulaGirl)

Alingment: Chaotic Good

Bio: Just another number. Just another face in someone elses war, fighting someone elses battles. She had no idea what she was doing to start off with, but she signed up anyway. It was easy money, and meant she could at least do something she liked.

Shoot the hell out of stuff.

It was fun at first, and after several years on the battlefield, she grew to like it. Of course, when news of her families death came to her, she immediately deserted her post and headed home. And amongst the burning wreckage of their small, tranquil home, she found the bodies of each of her family members. Charred, mangled, twisted bodies. And numbers, random numbers pasting the walls. 8876544, 8876545, 8876547, etc etc....

And thats when she saw it. A large ammount of blood, all splattered on the wall. And below the blood, a two-way radio, radiating a voice she would never forget. Words that will haunt her for years to come.

\"All dead, bitch. I suggest you do the same. Nothing will save you. We are many, and you are one. Surrender now, and maybe we wont kill you straight away.\"

\"Percutiamque vos dolore. It means you are in for a world of pain. I dont know your name, or who you are. But I am going to park my foot so far up your ass, you will feel it in hell.\"

\"Hehe, bring it bitch.\"

And with that, hell had become a reality. One crazy b*tch against the world.

Lets get this party started.

Initial plans: Earn money through mercenary work, and find the people responcible for her families deaths. Oh, and try and not kill too many people along the way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    many of them seem unanswered (they may have been answered in pm) but if they arnt i think its basic courtesy to say \"no\". This sever could be interesting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was just accepted, and don\'t think they said it on this thread. So go ahead and apply, and come join us!

Reaction score
    Character name: Xemion Delta Xethrill((IGN: Xemion_Xethrill))

Species: Tano(clone)

Alignment: Neutral

Bio: Xemion Delta or Xemion the fourth is the fourth clone of the original Xemion Xethrill; he left his colony in his private craft like the other clones to explore strange new worlds, meet new people, and find a good place to eat. Much like the rest of the clones he keeps the ideal of \"Neutralitatis Fert Serenitatem\" close to his heart, he is rather excitable and enjoys talking to the point of other\'s annoyance and has an odd phobia of foreign planets which often circumvents the reason he left his home colony.

Initial plans upon joining server: Find out more info about the universe, meet people IC, and see where the rp takes me from there!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Character Name: Va?rec Esil

Alignment: chaotic good

Bio: Varec leant on the railings of his balcony, over looking the huge urban slums that spread like a disease into the distance. He liked this view, it made him feel good about himself, and it reminded him how far he had come. Turning back into his luxurious apartement he thought he might take a spin in his m50. He had never lost the craving for speed, even after all these years of luxury and money he still craved the adreline rush that came with breaking all the rules and flying high speeds. It was back when he had been a gun for hire he had first experienced it, flying his second hand 350a through the stars. He still dreamt of that life sometimes, being rich could be so disatissfying, so boring. But then again, that was half the point. He shrugged and went to the launch pad. Maybe he would visit the neighbouring system, it was a while he hadnt been there.

Aditional information: Varec Esil is a business man with a cold heart. Starting from humble begining he never hesitated to stab in the back, cajoule and break every law in the book if it meant a small reward for him. Over obsessive with money, he has little regard for life, including his own. Even now, as a hugely successful business man, he still breaks the law, though on a much bigger scale, and with far bigger consequences.

Initial plans: Im pretty much going to act out Varecs life as a rogue and his rise to wealth.