[RP] Tectum Clementia [Hardcore]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is a Roll-Play server, hosted on PingPerfect. Designed to be the next in an honored Line, from Eternia to Vivacitas, this server promises to be the next home for Starmade roll-play. Whitelist applications will be considered by myself, or one of the moderators, and will be sent the IP address.

An important note: This server is not going to be easy. The real enemy in Starmade is not the Pirates, it is not even other players. The real enemy is the difficulty of the server, preventing you from building and doing what you want. On most servers, this is so easy that players can to whatever they like on their own. While you still can, T.C. is designed so that you need to cooperate and trade with other players, and participate in Admin events to REALLY succeed. Don't expect to have a Frigate on your first day, and a Battlecruiser in a week. This is a server for people who prefer to earn things, for whom the joy is in the journey rather than the destination. If you like to fight uphill against the odds, then this server is for you!

There are no rules governing what ships you may build, however there is a set of guidelines. Ships built by these guidelines may be respawned by an admin to replace losses in combat (one per player)

http://tectum-clememtia.wikia.com/wiki/CONSTRUCTION_GUIDELINES

The previous rules set was ill-considered.

FORUM:
    http://tectumclementia.proboards.com/

Rules:
    1: Roll-Play first. This is not a server for you to build an enormous cannon with engines. OOC chat must be kept in double parentheses ((like this)).

2: No griefing. This is defined by the admin on the spot, but a good rule of thumb is "Don't attack people who are offline. Don't attack people who are AFK. Don't attack people without a reason."

3: Be respectful. No swearing in OOC chat. No racist or sexist comments.

4: Be mature. This is just a game. If you have an issue, bring it to an admin. In order to be accepted, you must include a Latin phrase used properly somewhere in your Bio section. If you have an issue with me, bring it to another admin. If they agree with you, I'll back down.

Application Instructions:

Character Name: Name Lastname (Whitelistname)

?Age: ##

Species: Human ((nonhumans require special permission. Ask First.))

Alignment: http://imgur.com/ns8LCLW
    ((players are not required to stick to their alignment constantly, it is just to give an idea of what kind of person they are playing.))

Bio: ((two paragraphs.))

Initial Plans: ((what do you plan to do?))

I reserve the right to Veto an application.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Mechanics and Play Tips:

This server is in some ways a completely different game from the Starmade we all know and love. The economy is quite strict, and is used to try to shape gameplay in a unique direction. Some major changes are as follows.

1. "Friction" is increased. this means that engines tend to be less effective, and a ship's top speed is usually below that of the server maximum. Additionally, Engines are increased in cost. The overall result is that if you do have a ship that moves at the server top speed, you are probably doing something wrong.

2. Weapon emphasis is changed. AMC are no longer the end-all Be-all weapon. Rather, they are now a high-tech luxury weapon, far too expensive to deploy in large numbers. Primary weapons are usually D1000 rockets, or some guided missile. This is more feasible as ships are moving generally more slowly.

3. Defense emphasis has changed. Shields are now many times more expensive than any weapon. One could equate a single shield generator block to a decent amount of armor. Players may choose to forgo shields entirely, or use only a few, spending the money better on hull and engines. As an additional incentive Away from shields, armor now has 85% damage resistance, and Basic hull has 35%.

The overall game philosophy is intended to focus, not on solo grinding, but on cooperation, trade, and RP events. These are planned to be hosted every weekend, and at other times when one of the admins is on (and there are several of us.) if you find shield generators just a bit too hard to find, you might start asking around as to where they come from, or who has a lot of them. You might try ordering some wholesale from a roving trader. The bottom line is that the server is designed so that players will get a lot more done through RP means than through Repetitive grinding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special RP rules:

Preface IC chat with a channel, like *radio* or [Broadcast] or even [ESN]. Chat without a channel will be considered to be spoken out loud, and not broadcast.

Knowledge of faction homebases is OOC, unless you physically discover the location. No Peeking! There may be other ways, but players do have a right to keep secret bases a secret.

If your character "already has" a ship, or "buys a ship used" then you can build however you like, however if your character is building in character, you should have some kind of enclosed space-construction facility.

If you die, you loose the last 30m of memory In character. However you can always claim to be "crippled and injured in your ship" and be rescued. This adds to RP complexity, and should prevent the more moral players from looting your wreckage. You may also be in time to retrieve the money you drop ;)

Lore may be posted here:
    http://tectum-clememtia.wikia.com/wiki/Tectum_Clememtia_Wiki
    http://tectumclementia.proboards.com/

Still very rough, I would like to get a descent wiki going. Edits and contributions are encouraged!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic Lore Outline:

There was once a great galaxy-spanning civilization, known as the Terran Hegemony. How long they lasted, or their eventual fate is unknown. What Is known is that there are human colonies spread out among the stars, most of them now cut off and defunct, ranging in tech level from barbaric, to far in advance of anything the old Hegemony ever made.
    The server centers around one such cluster, Ephebe. The government maintains records going all the way back to the last visit by an interstellar ship, eleven hundred years ago. The Ephebian navy is mostly a local defense force, but, if they knew, extremely high tech compared with the rest of the universe.
    Pirates plague the borders of the Ephebian cluster, and it is known that, far out there, are more human colonies. Small bands of privateers scratch out a living nearby as well, and are regarded with distrust by the local navy.
    It is suspected that the recent rise in fanatical, psychotic piracy is the result of outside influences. Ephebe, always Xenophobic, has turned with even more hatred on the very notion of nonhumans or abhumans, forbidding them citizenship, and persecuting the few nonhumans who still live in the cluster.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Character Name: Axel Ixalite (Ixalite)

?Age: 54

Species: Human

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Bio:

Axel was born many years ago, to moderately wealthy parents. Following his father\'s example, he attended Far Step naval academy, where he graduated Cum Laude. His naval career is still hailed as an example to junior officers, having risen to the rank of vice admiral in twenty years. He was present in some of the worst border actions of his day, and his first frigate command, the \"Plum Blossom Snowflake\" is still on display at Signi station as a memorial to the Plunging Deeps incident.
    Today, Axel is the chairman of the Council of seven, and a well-respected political figure. Scandals occasionally arise, but councilor Ixalite has always come out smelling like a rose. He has a soft spot in his heart for junior officers with promise, and plays the patronage game shamelessly. Many a young officer owes his current career to the chairman\'s influence.

Initial Plans: Rule with Benevolent apathy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Name: Taryn Nikon Taryn_Nikon

Alingment: Neutral Moralless (in the range of Neutral evil, but not quite evil.)

Bio: Taryn was formerly June Nykon, a hard-worn engineer that worked as an engineer for Nanotrasen, she wen under the radar, formerly, to destory Nanotrasen for it\'s injustices, but, she soon changed her mind after she saw that Nanotrasen had actually done nothing wrong, it was the ones of who opposed Nanotrasen who had commited the injustices.

Taryn soon began construction on a battlecruiser, the Nova, after earning a postion of Fleet Admiral in Nanotrasen\'s naval division. The Nova is still under construction, but it is battleworthy, for now.

Initial plans: Start up a small base for Nanotrasen, continue constructing my cruiser if i am allowed to import it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Name:Alex (character name)

?Age: 19 (real life age)

Age 43 (In game Age)

Species: Human ((nonhumans require special permission. Ask First.)) HUMAN

Alignment: http://imgur.com/ns8LCLW Chatotic neutral
    ((players are not required to stick to their alignment constantly, it is just to give an idea of what kind of person they are playing.))

Bio: ((two paragraphs.)) Alex grew up in the upper class of terran civilisation he never had to care about any thing except who he wanted to marry. They when he was 17 his father and mother died from a space plane crash. His fathers last words were

\"Alex, *cough* *cough* break free of the bands that restrain our family build us a fleet\"

He then died and alex still shocked from his experiance spent 10 years gathering a crew supplies and credits to set sail to build up his fleet. His main goal was to get a planitary base setup somewhere around the ephebe galaxy cluser. He will reach out to others and hopefully then shall reach back Alex signing off.

Initial Plans: ((what do you plan to do?)) I think i desribed this in the bio above but just in case i plan on doing

Build an asteroid base orbiting a planet

Setup a circle of trading goods

Build up a fleet

Get to know the community of the cluster

Learn to better design star ships

Inforce Goverment laws

And Protect civillians

And as my father would say \"aut viam inveniam aut faciam\"
    I will either find a way or make one.

I reserve the right to Veto an application. Ok thats perfectly respectable thing to control- I mean after all it is your server! Have a great day!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Application Instructions:
    Character Name: Tango_Zulu

?Age: 18

Species: Draconis (With your permision, of course. Their basicly a race of dragonmorphs. If you want me to make some lore for them I\'d be glad to.)

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Bio: Ever since he was a hatchling, Tango has always been entranced by space. he would regularly spend whole nights just laying in the fields on the outskirts of his home town and examine each point of light in the void. Finding ones he knew and naming the ones he didn\'t, imagining what wonders lay beyond his vision. He has always wanted to explore, as clinched as it sounds, to Infinity and beyond.

He finally got his chance when a ailing elder, who knew of Tangos love of space, gave on to him a light frigate class scavenger ship. With out a second thought Tango left his home world in search of the unknown. He kept travailing farther and farther to find unexplored systems. Unfortunately, these frontiers are full of dangers for the unexperienced and Tango was about as green as they get. He was intercepted one day by a band of marauders who took his ship and left him for dead. witch, of course, leads to now, back at square one, hopefully a little wiser but with much more to learn about the expansive universe he wishes to call home.

Initial Plans: Get a simple ship put together, find a place in the frontier systems to set up camp, and get my plans back on track

Lastly, ahem, Draco dormiens nunquam molestiam

Many-Thanks for starting up this server. Lets hope this server gets just as great if not greater then Vivacitas was before.

Reaction score
    Name: Amarynthia (Amarynthia)

?Age: 31

Species: Human Voidborn

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Bio: We picked her up in our freighter from some wreckage a few weeks ago. Agreeable enough, but... creepy. She doesn\'t speak English, and she mumbles constantly in some language none of my men recognize. She seems to understand English; she responded \"sum Amarynthia. Adeo ut adiuvem\" when asked her name.

She seems to have a hell of a lot of trouble with headaches and some other pains, not to mention mental issues. Some of the men want to leave her behind simply because of her screaming in pain in the middle of night. I could never just abandon an innocent woman, though. That just isn\'t right.

Initial Plans: Bring the Iron Prophecy back from its ancient glory.

Anyways, I\'m really excited about having a Vivacitas that actually stays up.

Reaction score
    Hello, this is Clock. Clock is Clock, tick tock. He\'d like to apply for an application, tick tock.

Character Name: Corvus Coraxius (just Corvus)

?Age: 37

Alignment: Lawful-Evil

Bio: Corvus Coraxius was brought up in a crowded industrial sector. From a very young age Corvus quickly learned to engineer and tinker. He was a common sight in the factories and shipyards, building and constructing vessels. From an outside perspective it might\'ve seemed that Corvus was satisfied with his way, but he was not. He was ambitious and extremely arrogant, and had no time for people that stood in his way. \"Ad altiora tendo,\" he often said. He set himself up a business of stealing critical parts from the shops he worked at to provide them to Black Market dealers, and worked his way up to stealing entire ships. Eventually he gained enough of a following that he was able to merge most of the underground crime syndicates into his own company, ODIN Industries, effectively making him one of the most powerful men in the sector.

Unfortunately because of this, Corvus was also a very hated and envied man. The Ephebian government tried many times to expose him, but their attempts were never fruitful. That is--until one day, when Corvus struck up a bad deal with a treacherous man, Italus Rasir. Corvus had thought he had hit the jackpot, but he had really dived too deep. He forgot the old wise men\'s saying of yore: \"There\'s always a bigger fish.\"* And like the foolish fish he was, he slipped up and took the bait. Before he could even react, the man and his thugs trussed him up and threw him in the back of their shuttle kidnapping him. He was kept in captivity for three months while they transported him. Fortunately for Corvus, they never reached their target destination, wherever it was, because they were intercepted by a pirate gang. Their ship was torn apart in seconds and salvaged for goods, with Corvus being the sole survivor. But they never found him because he was hidden in a secret compartment in the hull. So he sat in that cold, cramped compartment for another week until the wreckage was secured by the Ephebian Navy. In the meantime, his corporation had dissolved from inner disputes, and he had not a single penny to his name. He had nothing--but that was only temporary. He was sure he\'d ascend in power soon enough again.

*Corvus had never heard of fish before this saying, and it simply confused him

Initial Plans: Build up a small faction, a deep space base. Leadership, Corps.

Clock reserves the right to be Clock.

Ixalite, thank you so much for making this new server. Clock can\'t thank you enough. He was Varus on Vivacitas.

Clock thinks you should make it so that AI are banned by the Ephebian goverment as a way to prevent rogue AI catastrophes. Of course, they\'d be more commonly seen in deeper space and outside the core. Clock just thought it was an interesting concept. Also, 10 mass for 1 hardened is extremely steep for something that doesn\'t do much anyways. Why not 3?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Its stupid to not be able to arm a ship with turrents if it\'s over 100m because you can\'t find AI units.

Reaction score
    There should be a challenge! And if you\'re building something that big, it shouldn\'t be so easy. If you knew the right places to look on Vivacitas you could get turrets easily.Clock had 15 turrets in less than 3 days on Vivacitas.

Reaction score
    I didn\'t like how difficult it was to obtain AI modules on Vivacitas, mainly because I\'m an abysmal pilot. Either way, I\'d really like the ability to get AI modules without having to destroy whole planets just to find Exogen L4.

Also, as for the hull weight, I don\'t like it. All it will do is discourage many players from making decent-looking ships, minimizing their use of realistic hull and killing RP. I know that if having my ship look good would massively handicap it, I wouldn\'t be building ships that look good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wtf? I\'m playin on end of humanity right now and it is a gret RP server. Wish you would rethink the basic building blocks of ships because most people wouldnt turn a profit here due to how expensive everything is. I would definetely play on this server WITHOUT the part restrictions.

Reaction score
    Character Name: Kelesith Lindoro (Kelesith)

?Age: 21

Bio: Kelesith was Born on Far Step to a Wealthy family and a harsh going high born life style. Taught the value of money by his parents so he can inherit their trade empire, and how to make bad dealings potentially lucrative, three years of being taught the value of money and goods Kelesith wanted to learn to the rigors of space combat, flight and more. Given the best education they could afford him He ended up in Far-Step Naval Academy until graduation, where he graduated with a high and very promising rating.

two years after his graduation, the worst happened, his families convoy was attacked by pirates, Greed in their hearts the Pirates arrived with one sole purpose, line their pockets with the fat of others, and leave none alive to tell the tale, and they aimed to collect. His families trade empire, Denique Interimo financially, divided and seized by competitors, forced into a life of poverty Kelesith Opted to join the ESN and make a career out of it and make a new life for himself.

Initial Plans: Join the Military, keep a small time business going to keep profits up. Reach a high rank in the ESN and retire in eventuality.

Reaction score
    I am currently working with Ix to get the server up and running, we are testing everything out, we are making sure the economy works, calm down. EVERYTHING is still subject to change.

Reaction score
    Character Name: Volito Obscurus (Assozat)

?Age: (Ingame 28)

Bio: Born to a rich military family he was in a battle with space pirates when they managed to heavily damage a fighter on his side, He flew his assault frigate to recover the pilot and had his ship stabilizers destroyed in the process. The last survivor of his military force there was nobody to stop him spinning through space. In order to save himself he fired his escape pod and escaped the Tefora (His starship)

Determined to find the pirates who killed his men he decided to form Blagulon Thappa as a military elite to combat all evil. Crashing his escape pod onto a planet he determined to build a ship and and find a space station he could establish as his base.

Initial Plans: Find a Station and establish a branch of my faction Blagulon Thappa in the server. (We are a heavy roleplay faction mainly based in NASSZONE)

(Sorry but I do not know any latin. And google translate refuses to load today)

Reaction score
    I can dropbox you the Econ changes I made for my own server, if you want them. I was trying to come up with a Vivacitas-like econ, but at the same time, wanted to fix all of the myriad typoes and bizarre capitalizations and such from Schema.

Rowan

Reaction score
    What sort of style does the Ephebian Navy follow? Do we know what they\'ll look like, and do we already have warships built for them? If not Clock surely would help make some designs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The Ephebian Space Navy (ESN) can be readily recognized by their white ships with blue detailing in peacetime construction, and blue ships with white detailing in wartime. The design philosophy also differs between wartime and peacetime constructions, although both are made for Rugged Durability and minimum cost. Due to tech manufacture bottlenecks, armor is substituted for shielding, and most primary weapons are unguided rockets. Turrets are reserved for Frigates and larger.

Peacetime armament schemes favor variable threat response, with even Powerdrain arrays in some ships to peaceably apprehend assailants. Peacetime patrol craft all feature an airlock for space operations, and a brig to store miscreants. These ships also have a greater emphasis on motive power than offense, the better to catch and apprehend miscreants.

Wartime constructions tend to center on offense, sometimes with armor placed only in strategic areas to reduce weight. While a peacetime patrol craft might have some spare space, and multiple weapons systems, a warship would be smaller and center on one or two.

((A minor note. Naval ships are all armored to the fullest extent possible, but they are designed with two aspects in mind: Minimum cost per mission unit, and Roll Play! Ephebian ships are armored, but they are NOT hyper optomized. their \"engines\" are not all engine, their reactors are all quite small, and their weapons are NOT overwhelming. This philosophy holds for all ships not intended for primary use by players. Ephebian officers are, however, free to alter any internal mechanisms of their ship provided the external hull is the same, and it has the same internal crew space.

Reaction score
    ~~Character Name: Jizo Gezent (Jizo)

?Age: 42

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Bio: Jizo was from a colony which was made during the end years of the empire, and only recently that colony made it to the stars. He would be considered a barbarian by todays standards but his culture is advanced enough to make contact with others and utilize their technology in conjunction with their own. They originally began to trade with the other colonies and began to try and help the colonies that were unable to reach into the stars, but were only succeful 1/10 of the times they tried. Most of them didn\'t even want to go into the stars, let alone have someone help them.(Latin Phrase) Jizo, however, was a warrior and had tried his best not to mess his reputation up during colonisations, so he would always stay behind the lines. One time his superior noticed so he sent him down to the surface. They never found him. Later on, Jizo was able to get the natives to help him build a ship capable of bringing him back to the stars, and taking a couple of them as crew, wanting to end that superiors life, but not wanting to kill anyone else.

Initial Plans: Build a ship capable of holding ten \"People\" (Roleplay people, unless if someone wishes to join me.) then proceed to find a planet on the outskirts of the system and build a base where his colony will live. With a bunch of turrets. Like. An insane amount.

Reaction score
    Are you going to be modifying how much damage armor can take/it\'s resistance? Currently armor is almost useless. And to counter the incredibly powerful weaponry that will tear through, how expensive are you making AMC units? Will shields be that expensive?

It sounds interesting though, Clock is hooked.

Clock might go as far to say to ban all shielding, but that\'s just Clock.

Reaction score
    Character Name: Sarah Flandry (Sarah_Flandry)

?Age: 19

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral to Neutral mischievous

Bio: Growing up I the sounds of exploding shells lured me into sleep, the orbital strikes of the rebel forces poisening the air and water, forcing our whole colony underground. Forced to wear a Enviromental since the age of 5 I needed to learn keeping people apart from another without looking at their face, seeing how they stand...how they move. With the age of 16 everyone is required to work either in the factories or take up arms and repel the remaints of the rebels from the vast surface of Noheka IV, which is nearly always coated in gloomy darkness of a ash covered sky. The next three years where mostly covered by fighting on the surface and her training for further deployment...all this ended when Noheko IV came to the borders of its natural ressources. With a last push by all conscripts they could get, the last bases of the rebels the planets forces finally stood victorious....and faced by certain doom. Taking every veteran of the fights they could get small ships were send out into space, trying to contact other humans...and...under all circumstances, get the needed ressources for survival of the population of Noheko IV, the victory in the civil war shouldn`t be in vain. And now the motto will remain: Exitus Acta Probat .

(Ok, ripped off from End of Humanity because of lazyness...)

Initial Plans: Trade, build a ship, build a factory, have iinteresting RP\'s